main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia) in Episode VII (Sad News posted on Page 269)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012

Yes but Anakin was more than gifted. If he wasn't so arrogant and hardheaded he would of grown to be more powerful than Yoda or Mace. I think had Mace let Anakin come he and Anakin would beaten the Emperor very easily. So with Anakin being "The One" that power didn't just die with him. Luke and Leia both have it but I feel Luke is way more intune with it since he was able to finish his trainning in such a short period of time. Think about it. Anakin and most Jedi were groomed at a young age. Luke came in his late teen's early 20's and was almost strong enough to take on the Emperor. But Yanksfan is right. Leia is a natural cause she used the force to feel Luke without any trainning.

2. Young Yoda

Young Yoda Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2014
  3. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001

Aww, Gary is so cute. I love his tongue sticking out the side.

Maybe the Solo family can have a pet in the movie and Gary can play him :)

VMeran, Yanksfan and Claire1976 like this.
  4. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Love Gary, what a cutie.

But yeah, she's totally blonde.

VMeran and Momotaros like this.
  5. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I don't get the appeal of Gary.

Was there any real doubt she was a blonde?

6. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    So with these new rumors (keeping in mind they might not be true of course!), the story would go in a very Jedi v. Sith direction, without a new Republic. If it does go that way, I think it's more likely that Leia would be a Jedi. If there isn't a government, her next obvious role is as Luke's first trainee. It could pretty cool to see both Skywalker siblings as trained Jedi together!

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Will Leia do the bun-hair think in this movie you think?

8. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    It's a very cute video. I'm sorry, but a very brief glance of Carrie's hairline for a brief second here and there does not, to me, definitively answer the question that she is now blonde. It still looks like there is some grey in her hair to me, and that makes more sense to me from a storytelling POV.

If I am the only person on this entire forum who sees it, fine. And I'll concede that maybe she is blonde, because I very much believe in keeping an open mind. But I don't see how the question can be definitely put to rest from the few brief glances we have had.

9. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    Granted, but there's a huge middle ground between Leia not using her force powers at all, and having her be a fully-fledged Jedi. There are a lot of ways the writers could show Leia using her force powers without putting her in a lightsaber duel.

VMeran, Yanksfan and jaqen like this.
  10. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007

True. I'd love to see Leia bust out a Jedi mind trick, sense disturbances in the Force, etc.

VMeran and Yanksfan like this.
  11. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    If Leia *is* blonde, it really opens up some intriguing storyline questions. Because, again, I don't think they'd change her look for no reason. I mean, we have no idea if there is a New Republic in this new film, or if there was, whether it's still a legitimate government or not. Maybe she's forced to go "underground", and change her appearance? If the Empire is the Big Bad again, I imagine she'd still be wanted for all the stuff she pulled in the OT. Or maybe any potential Sith would have taken an interest in her, being the daughter of Vader? Oh, the possibilities!

Adi_Gallia_9 likes this.
  12. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Interesting theories, and certainly possible. I agree, I can't see them making her blonde for the hell of it, it has to be woven into the plot somehow. I thought about the idea of changing her appearance and being in hiding, and maybe that kind of fits with the idea that these "Jedi hunters" are after Force sensitives, but then realised that theory doesn't make sense because even if she looked different, they would still be able to sense her through the Force :p

But I'm still leaning heavily towards Carrie wearing a wig in the movie anyway. I'm sure whatever colour her real hair currently is, won't be what it will be in the movie.

T-R- and Adi_Gallia_9 like this.
  13. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    Whether it's blonde or grey or some combination of the two, I think lightening Carrie's hair is at least partly about making her fit in better visually with Harrison and Mark. We know Han (presumably Leia's husband) is going to have a full head of grey hair, and Luke (who is supposed to be the exact same age as Leia) is blonde with a blonde/grey beard -- and he looks noticeably older than Carrie. As a result of changing Leia's hair, Han doesn't look quite so ancient standing next to his wife, and Luke looks more like he could be the exact same age.

Django Fett likes this.
  14. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999

No, he doesn't.

VMeran, T-R- and Yanksfan like this.
  15. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    Matter of opinion. To me, he does. But to each his own.

16. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Perhaps she'll pass on what she had learned in politics to her capable and charasmatic son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Palpatine's P.A.

Palpatine's P.A. Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2014
    But Han Solo is older than Leia. Who said they were the same age? It isn't a problem for him to look older

VMeran likes this.
  18. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    Absolutely true. But if Han has fully grey hair and Leia still has her dark hair, then they start looking more like a very May-December romance and it does age Han by comparison. I don't think that is what the filmmakers want.

In my opinion, TPTB will want Han and Leia to appear in the same general ballpark, age-wise. And they'll want Luke and Leia to appear the exact same age. So by lightening Leia's hair, she's a better fit with both of them. For the record, I didn't mean to offend any Mark fans out there. I adore Mark and I think he looks great. But in my opinion Carrie does look younger than him.

I'm just throwing out ideas for why they might lighten Leia's hair, since I don't think Carrie will be wearing a wig and I don't think there will be any in-story explanation such as Leia going undercover, etc. But it's anybody's guess at this point.

19. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Oh damn, I sure hope Leia's hair isn't dyed (if it is actually Carrie's current color) because she's in hiding. No thank you. No matter the color, I associate the elaborate braided styles with Leia. If she's got her hair altered in order to hide, it would then make no sense for them to give her those elaborate hairdos anymore.

Also in a galaxy with the kind of tech we've seen in Star Wars so far I think the old "dyed her hair to avoid detection" doesn't work.

If they, for whatever reason, make Leia a blonde, with or without streaks of grey, I hope they don't pander to the audience with any kind of senseless, geeky in-universe explanation. I hope it's just a case of them expecting the audience to get that a woman can change her hair color across the years, nevermind the decades. Other females in TV and film series and franchises have seen major hairstyle alterations, and most of those were never acknowledged in-universe.

The overwhelming majority of moviegoers are trained to see an aging leading man like Harrison alongside a much younger woman. In fact it's so typical for him, and like leading men, to be paired with women so, so much younger than them that when they do get a leading lady who is actually their age, or even young, but still middle aged/older, most people don't really read it as May-December at all. See Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton repairing for Somethings' Gotta Give.

Indy's hair was white in KOTCS, yet Marion's was the same old brunette. I don't recall anybody wondering why Indy was all white/gray and the younger Marion still had the color of her youth. I don't think hardly anyone would look at Han and think Leia and him look May-December to be honest, regardless of the age difference between Carrie and Harrison.

VMeran, Yanksfan and Leias_Left_Bun like this.
  20. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    The blonde may be temporary. A lot of times hair will be dyed blonde before it is dyed another color. It makes the new color more even. It's like using a primer when painting a wall.

Gemma and T-R- like this.
  21. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    True, except I'm positive she's already filming, so being "inbetween" hair colours wouldn't really fit. Especially after that tweet of Gary the dog in her chair, which I took to mean she was on set. That was Monday last week, and her hair remains blonde this week.

So I can see only two logical conclusions...1) she's got a wig in the movie or 2) Leia's hair is now a different colour.

22. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Ah, damn, so Leia will have a different hair color from what she had 30 years ago? This movie is dooooooooooooomed.
    I mean, who cares? Maybe it is a significant plot point(she is undercover/she spent too much time on tatooine) or maybe not.

jaqen likes this.
  23. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    You're positive because her dog was sitting in her chair?

24. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    And because of the quote:

Claire1976 likes this.
  25. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    Well of course she was on set. That's where they would have changed her hair. It doesn't necessarily mean she was filming.

jaqen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.