main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Planets in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darthfettus2015, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Maybe you are right. They did try anyway. Well Sadow began to rule when Ragnos died. Anyone who played Jedi Academy remembers that Ragnos died 5000 before the movies. Exar Kun was just one generation befor Revan. Kotor is 3000 years old. Sooo Yavin was Sithless for like 2000 years.

2. Master Raze Golladio

Master Raze Golladio Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2014
    I'd really love to see some of the movies set on Nar Shaddaa, as I recall a really grimy, heavily industrialised place, a bit like Coruscant, but dirtier seen in Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight. The underlevels of Coruscant would be cool as well, as described in the Jedi Academy books and shown in KotOR. Corellia would be interesting.... Felucia as seen in The Force Unleashed. Korriban / Morriban is probably a must at some stage in the ST....

Basically, as long as it's not bloody Tattooine AGAIN, I'll be happy. But I'd also really like for the set designers to really push themselves to challenge their concepts of physics and come up with something really awesome and totally never seen before in cinematic history, instead of just making a planet that is entirely one big desert / arctic tundra / city etc.

rdhight, thejeditraitor and Abadacus like this.
  3. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014

As long as by "challenge their concepts of physics" you mean use good, plausible science I wholeheartedly agree. It may sound silly, but other than the force I've always loved the internal consistency and real feeling of Star Wars. Too much technobabble often just trips that up. Star Wars is brilliant for creating a world that your mind accepts, and letting your imagination fill in the blanks once there's a ruleset to build off of.
    Things like planets with watery cores and the "black holes" (not even remotely) in recent Star Trek just take me right out of the universe. I really hope someone on the Story Group is keeping the repeat offenders from getting too silly.
    Fantastic, yea. Illogical, nae.

4. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Sydow for Sadow.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    and Ludicrous as Ludo Kressh.

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  6. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    So there rumors of them returning to Tatoonie of course and Hoth or a Snow Planet.

7. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I'm glad this thread got bumped.

I am not at all happy with the prospect of a Hoth return-not one bit!

We already have Tatooine. Why resurface Hoth?

What about the Skye Islands of Scotland? What about the beautiful Iceland vistas with rocky cliffs? What about those supposed pics of the Falcon flying over canyons?

What about very early reports that they might shoot in Guatemala?

Are they simply going to recycle planet previously used just to give a nostalgic feel?

Abadacus likes this.
  8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I love the idea of Tython being beautiful and serene in contrast to Moraband being dead and menacing.

9. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    If they're filming on Skye, you can be absolutely sure we're getting at least one new planet. Nothing I've seen in SW to date remotely resembles that place.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  10. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    My list of planets are Tatooine, Tython, Courscant and Moriband.

Dak Oolron and darklordoftech like this.
  11. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
  12. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    please no Tatooine! there is no military, or financial sense to go there.. unless 'they' find a huge Lake of plasma makes no sense to go back.. out side of a few fans that want to see sand and brown it will only be in the film so people can say 'ooo look its Tatooine!'

Luke's family and friends from there are dead, the 'big 3' have had nothing but pain and hardship from that Planet.. there are sooooo many other vistas to use! the only reason I can say to have it make a cameo is that the Empire or Republic is now controlling it-after ridding it of the Hutts or something.. otherwise its just another Disney cash grab to sell Bantha and Dewback plush toys

13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Tatooine is a safe, out of the way planet where Jedi can hide from 'Jedi Hunters'.

14. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    No point weeping about Tatooine. It is in. The only confirmed planet. Of course there are unfortunate implications when you remember that the best of the six movies was the one with zero tatooine, but oh well. It pretty much is the most iconic star wars planet. I will still hold to the appearance of Nar Shaddaa till I exit the cinema.

15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    So many worlds to visit, so why visit Tatooine again? There better be a good reason to go back there.

God, I hope they don't get the idea of going back to the other planets, too.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  16. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    So how about the rumored planet that's a cross between Hoth and Endor (Hodor?), with tall, snow-covered trees? Regardless of the truth to the rumor, this would be something new.

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Will it also have tall, snow-covered people, all of them named Hodor?

Darth_Corvus and TK327 like this.
  18. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

And who are you the Sith Lord said, that I most bow so low?
    Only a nerf in a different cloak, that's all the truth I know.
    In a coat of blue in a coat of red a saber still hacks walls
    And I have one, right here, my Lord
    with two blades unlike yours.
    And so he spoke
    and so he spoke
    The Lord of Dathomir
    And now the rains weep o'er his hall and no one there to hear.
    Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall and not a soul to hear.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That would be interesting to see.

Dak Oolron and TK327 like this.
  20. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    So what's going on? Are Pinewood and Abu Dhabi the only shooting locations? If so, we might not see too many planets. I had to work hard to compose Rains of Dathomir. I don't want it to be for nothing.

21. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Also Iceland.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  22. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Ah yes. Funny that we had plenty of leaked photos from both Pinewood and AD but nothing from Iceland. What is going on there?

23. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Wasn't filming in Iceland just supposed to be second unit for establishing shots? That could have looked to bystanders like a tourism shoot.

Also, is there any reason to believe that they have to announce all locations to the public?

24. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I haven't heard anything since the helicopter crashed. I haven't heard of any cast members going there. So far it just seems to have been second unit stuff, like landscape shots, fly-bys, etc.

25. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Wait. There was a helicopter crash?

Darth_Corvus likes this.