main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Huge Plot Rumors On MakingStarwars.net

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by QuiJohn, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Eric, do you have connections inside Pinewood? All of this is confusing...

Dra--- likes this.
  2. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Well... back to the drawing board... Whose for Plageuis???

3. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    LMAO, not me!

Darth PJ likes this.
  4. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Absolutely, the Rebels endgame was to take Coruscant but may be after 10 years or more of continued fighting they simply got fed up of fighting and the resulting deaths, at Endor was the entire Rebel fleet but not the entire Imperial fleet. So it therefore possible they fought to a standstill, but may be the Rebels didn't have the strength to take core worlds such as Coruscant.

5. Young Yoda

Young Yoda Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2014
    I believe Eric Geller :) This rumour smelled weird.

We should make real money bets about what will be in the movie. I would win a lot of money :p

6. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    Sounds interesting but I honestly don't buy any of it. Star Wars will always be the struggle of Jedi Vs Sith so I doubt the story will focus on "Sith-Wannabe" using old Sith Forklore and carrying on tradition as much as a new enemy that Luke and the other characters didn't know about popping up. Also we already know there will be "Jedi Hunters". Whoever the bad guys are technically will be hunting Luke and company. But I don't see a trained group of people specifically hunting Jedi that aren't Sith or doesn't have someone that is Sith controlling them.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  7. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    I don't know if I agree that Star Wars "will always be" the struggle of Jedi vs. Sith. It didn't really start that way. Darth wasn't originally a title, and Dark Lord of the Sith didn't really mean anything. It wasn't until the post-Jedi years that the idea of the Sith being the Jedi's opposite number really cemented itself. I mean, look at Return of the Jedi: The Emperor doesn't ever ask Luke to "Join the Sith" or "Become one with the Sith." He just makes mention of "The Dark Side." The Star Wars Universe didn't really get Full of Sith (ahem) until the EU years, and very much so during the Prequels, of course.

And as we've seen in Clone Wars, you can use the dark side of the Force without having to be a Sith, and it'd be nice to see that happen again. If people on Earth can have multiple religions all pointing towards essentially the same concept, I don't see why the Force couldn't work in the same way.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if this movie begins and we find out Luke has decided that Jedi, as a religion, is pretty crappy overall, and has decided to basically toss it in favor of his own sort of spirituality/connection to the force. And that the darkside users have decided that the Sith and their stupid rule of two can get the boot as well.

And then it just gets back to the core conflict of the original trilogy, which wasn't Jedi vs. Sith, but Light Side vs. Dark Side.

That's kinda what JJ does best: Take ideas and concepts you're really familiar with, and remixes them just enough that they feel new.

8. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Separate from any fan motivations, I believe JJ Abrams and Co. (in their minds) have every reason to spread misinformation. As (at least with Abrams) they might proceed from the school of thought that people shouldn't be spoiled because it would (in their minds) detract from our experience of going to see the film. I don't agree, but I can at least see it from that angle.

Momotaros likes this.
  9. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    LOL, (raises hand) I sure as hell am.

10. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Soon, the young Kenobi will be one of us *evil laugh*

Hey, what if JJ is leaking these rumors? He can't give out the plot, but he can leak bogus plot speculation to give us something to chew on for one and a half years.

11. hachijedi

Feb 22, 2012

I get your point but the concept of "Light Vs Dark" sides dealt directly with conflict of Jedi Vs Sith. When the Emperor was telling Luke to join the Darkside was him telling him to join the Sith without even saying it. Luke would taken Vader's place who was a Sith. The entire Star Wars Saga is the story of good vs evil, Dark vs light, Jedi vs Sith. It's the Ying and Yang. Therefor I do expect some form of the Sith to be reincarnated or resurrected.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If Yavin appears, what would its role be?

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    If we have conflicts between Devin and our very own TFN overlord erier2003 about who exactly is correct, I'm going with TFN. March in synch, clonetroopers!

Momotaros likes this.
  14. Bobby Roberts

Mar 24, 2014
    Well, it wouldn't be him PERSONALLY, but he's got a LOT of misinformation under his belt. Khan of course being the biggest example (and one he had to apologize for, eventually) but I remember he disseminated like, 5 incorrect plot synopses for Cloverfield or something like that. He was one of the first filmmakers to realize that there's absolutely no contract with the media to absolutely tell them the truth when it comes to the movie they're making. It's not like you can sue the guy. In fact, the worst thing that'll happen is that people simply stop asking him to talk about his movies - which is WHAT HE WANTS :)

So yeah - Abrams will absolutely just straight up lie to people if he thinks it'll help protect the integrity of his film's story. However, he's also acknowledged the levels he'd previous gone to were becoming distractions in and of themselves (KHAAAANN), and weren't helping him or his storytelling, and I believe there's a quote somewhere from either Abrams or Kathleen Kennedy where they state that the "mystery box" shenanigans will be strongly toned down for Star Wars, because Star Wars has always been a little more open with regards to its fandom.

And you could see some signs of that with Abrams' response to the TMZ set photo leaks - the JJ of old probably wouldn't have tweeted that pic he tweeted with that note.

They do now, but what I'm saying is that the concept of Jedi vs. Sith didn't even really exist when Light vs. Dark was fueling the Original Trilogy. The Sith as we've come to know them as an ancient religion basically didn't even come about until after Return of the Jedi. Those trappings came AFTER Lucas had already conceptualized and introduced the idea of the Force having a light side and a dark side, not before.

So if we've got 3 movies where you can play with that dichotomy without having it be in terms of "Jedi vs Sith" you can certainly find new ways to approach that same conflict without defaulting back to Jedi vs. Sith.

That said - I'm pretty sure it'll just be Jedi vs Sith again, simply because it's easier to run with that, being as it's so thoroughly established in people's heads due to the Prequels & the Clone Wars.

Adi_Gallia_9, Momotaros and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Yeah, he has seemed to lighten up since his Into Darkness days. Espically if you consider that video he made that reveal the set from Adult Dhabi. Back in the day you wouldn't even get that from him.

16. Myself656

Myself656 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2008
    Well, this sounds quite a bit like what I'd yesterday about how 'there's probably some accurate facts from the sources but they've been buried under a mountain of spec that the sources probably added to the mix.'

If ANY part of the rumors are true its probably that there are guys (who are possibly the villains) who wear black and chrome outfits and Driver and Lupita have similar outfits. That's about it. That doesn't really tell us much of anything other than that we can probably throw organitech-themed villains like the Vong and plague-like Deathtroopers off the list of potential bad guys (and even then only if the black and chrome guys are villains and not Alliance Special Forces or something).

I might also buy that the sources (who don't have access to the script) might be calling the bad guys 'Jedi Hunters' based on something they saw (such as one of them fighting a 'jedi' in some scene that was filming) but that in no way means anything other than that they're fighting jedi for some reason (heck, they could even be reading it backwards and what was seen was a jedi-like villain fighting with Alliance Special Forces dressed in black and chrome and allied with the heroes).

17. hachijedi

Feb 22, 2012
    Even though I feel the Sith will return. I do think it would be cool for the Jedi to take on a whole new force and villain in the galaxy non-sith related that they didn't even know about before. Could change the whole dynamic of the franchise. So to that point I agree with Bobbyroberts.

18. Bobby Roberts

Mar 24, 2014
    Yeah, don't get me wrong - if it's Jedi vs. Sith I'm not going to be disappointed or anything. So long as the story is well conceived and executed, Jedi vs. Sith is a perfectly good conflict to hang a movie on. Just pointing out there's a decent opportunity to go another way.

If I got mad at a movie for going in a direction I didn't call, I'd be disappointed with a large number of some really, REALLY good movies :)

19. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Everything in red is legends and doesn'tapply to GL's universe. GL specifically said, in DVD commentary, that Luke could become what Anakin failed to because of his injuries. He said Luke had the same potential as Anakin. he further clarified in Rolling Stone that he has twiceth e potential of Palpatine and that Vader was limited to 80% of Palpatine.

SO, if nothing in the report is true, how about letting us know somethings that are true.

Darth PJ and Summers1913 like this.
  20. DarthAusteros

DarthAusteros Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 6, 2011
    I know this is off topic, but going off of T-R-'s last post. If Vader/Anakin lost literally half his body, his lungs were scared and he was in a 50 ton life support suit, yet even with all of that being the case he was still 80% as powerful as Palpatine.... Imagine how powerful Luke should be in this movie. Dude should be absolutely incredible.

T-R- likes this.
  21. hachijedi

Feb 22, 2012
    My biggest issue with the "Jedi Hunter" rumor is there aren't really many Jedi to hunt and I don't buy Luke with all his skills wouldn't be able to take them out in 30 years.

22. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Yes Vader's mass loss of body parts destroyed much of his potential. A hand is nothing. It is not really about the loss of limbs as much as it is cybernetic replacements . this is also why Vader could not do force lightning. Cybernetic replacements is why Lumiya was not what she could have been. yes Lumiya had power, but she should have been a Sith Lord. If i recall Lumiya herself said she was limited by such in FOTJ. Luke should be incredibly powerful but Disney will not do him justice.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

23. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I am quoting you for posterity.

24. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Where did you get idea that the Sith, and the Sith Title Darth, didn't mean anything until after ROTJ? The Sith being the Jedi's opposite, Dark vs. Light, was there from the beginning. The Sith, with their red lightsabers, have been the Jedi's Arch Rivals in all the movies of the Star Wars Saga. And I don't see that changing in the ST.

Immortiss likes this.
  25. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I would prefer Plagius over this grab bag of multiple thin shadows of what villain once chewed up the scene with pure diabolical competence except for that smaller thermal exhaust port, right below the main port, of the hubris to believe that not all who are powerful will sacrifice all to gain yet more power.

Bunch of wannabe Sith in kiddy halloween costumes, barf.

Give me the chthonic Cthulhu Melkor of the Sith world. And THEN we'll talk about how far Luke the hero, or his proteges, must step lively and stretch.

You don't make Lord of the Rings: Part IV: Revenge of The Least Three Nazgul's Stuntdoubles' Stablehands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.