main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia) in Episode VII (Sad News posted on Page 269)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Carrie's general sense of humour has certainly upped itself since ROTJ came out, I'm guessing / hoping in this movie they'll let her cut lose a bit cuz the gal is funny. She's has a few funny bits in ANH and ESB so more of that. (I actually just realized Leia doesn't really crack a joke in ROTJ, damn shame, that)

Yanksfan, Revanfan1 and jaqen like this.
  2. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I know next to nothing about the process of hair dying, at least to the extent of knowing the stripping process, but if she underwent some type of stripping in order to get her OT hair color back it would make sense considering that Carrie's hair hasn't been that shade in years, if not decades?

But answer me this people who are more familiar with this process, do people ever strip your hair and then wait days before finishing the coloring? Wouldn't something like that typically happen in one uninterrupted session?

3. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    They have her director's chair in the makeup room?

4. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    When you bleach hair it tends to damage it so sometimes it needs to be conditioned before the new color is put in. I don't know if this is what's going on with her but that's my gut feeling. I suppose she could have really light blonde hair in the movie but that seems rather odd.
    Yeah, dude, that's what they're for. Sitting around the set, including makeup.
    [​IMG]
    Does no one here watch Face Off?

markdeez likes this.
  5. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Back in May, People did an interesting series of photos splicing old pics of Star Wars actors with then-current pics. Here is Carrie's:

[​IMG]

6. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998

[​IMG]

markdeez and Mr. K like this.
  7. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001

Yeah, I thought that was a possibility too. If your hair has been dyed extensively over the years, as Carrie's has, they sometimes will wait between coloring sessions to help protect and condition the hair. It is possible she's just been on set for costume fittings and rehearsals (and hair dying) so far Her hair's been this color for over a week now though so if it is just a corrective color, they should be dying it again soon.

So the way I figure is that time will tell soon. If, 2-3 weeks from now, her hair is still this blondish/gray than that's probably Leia's new hair color. If in a week we get candids and her hair is more the brown people are expecting, then I would guess this blonde is just an in-between stage. So I imagine we'll be able to figure it out within a month or so.

Dewback likes this.
  8. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Just floating a question... what would your reaction be if Leia (not Luke or Han) died in Episode VII?

9. Darth_Zidious

Dec 3, 2001
    It would surprise me, but not shock me given that Kasdan was arguing for a death of a character in Rinzler's ROTJ book. But it's hard to judge without knowing the wider story. I could see it if they felt they needed Han and Luke for the other movies depending on the plot, while still wanting to emphasize the danger they're in.

10. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    I don't want any of them to die, but Leia is the one I really think should live through the whole thing. Like Carrie, she's a survivor.

11. Jemik_Prenn

Jemik_Prenn Jedi Padawan star 1

May 24, 2014
    If i had to guess i'd say Han will have almost completely grey-white hair maybe with some darker spots left. Leia will have a dark to light brown hair with some grey streaks in it, and Mark being a dirty blonde, will probably have that pale-blondish grey hair (and a sweet beard)

12. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    Hypothetically, say Leia's death is used as the "push" for a certain character to embrace their destiny as the new hope for the galaxy. Would that be an acceptable sacrifice for the character?

13. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Obviously the inner fanboy inside would be crushed.

But that's life. I'm prepared for all three of them to die before this trilogy is over. If even one survives that will be a nice gift. But just as all the major PT players were dead by the close of VI, it seems only fitting that we lose our OT heroes as well.

I wouldn't have any way of answering that at all without actually seeing how it unfolded onscreen.

The devil is in the details, not the concept.

VMeran likes this.
  14. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Big no to fridging Leia. That's junk has been done enough. If I never see another female character used like that again, it'll be too soon.

15. Darth_Zidious

Dec 3, 2001
    I like what Lucas said in the ROTJ Rinzler book:

16. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Didn't he kill off all the main characters from the prequel trilogy?

17. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Hypothetically? I would be crushed. Seriously. It would be worse than Han (which would also greatly upset me), but the way the rumor mill is going, I almost expect him to die at this point (but I so, so, *sooo* hope I'm wrong). Leia's death? That would blindside me. :(

18. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

Qui-Gon, Padme, yup.

19. Darth_Zidious

Dec 3, 2001
    Sure but Qui-Gon (voice only), Obi-Wan, Anakin and Yoda are all still existing! Lucas also said this:
    Of course Leia could theoretically survive as a Force ghost.

20. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    In the fall of 1976, when he was in discussions with Alan Dean Foster for Splinter of the Mind's Eye, he had no problem axing Leia.

21. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

Leia got smacked around quite a lot in that book.

Revanfan1 and Immortiss like this.
  22. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    The story conferences were published last Fall in two editions of the SW INSIDER. A very interesting read.

23. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Well, thank god that never came to pass. I might've never forgiven them. What a slap in the face that would've been to all the little girls out there who started to look up to her after ANH.

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Han, Leia and Luke aren't the main characters anymore, well, at least to carry the series to part 9. What happens to the elder characters often in Star Wars movies is that they die so the younger characters can strike out on their own. The twist is these are actual characters we've known since 1977 or even before a chunk of the viewing audience was even born, so it's gonna screw with our heads more when one of them bites it. But that's what old people do in Star Wars. They die so the hero can learn.

I don't think anyone out of the OT cast is particularly safe but I would actually put Leia at the least likely to bite it. She could be an older female character guiding the heroes, which we haven't really seen before so she'll be kept around. Also it seems kind of nasty to kill her off. Luke odds I think are good, even though Jedi Mentor characters have a bad survival track record, but they need SOMEONE to boss the young Jedi heroes around and tell them about the Force and stuff. Which makes Han the most expandable, and Ford having been let's say ambivalent about Han surviving, as the old character likely to die to motivate the younger heroes into action.

25. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Well for those who have never dyed their hair --- blonde color does wonders for hiding grey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.