main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Huge Plot Rumors On MakingStarwars.net

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by QuiJohn, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFoot

TheFoot Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2011
    People really are hung up on Sith, eh? Is it THAT hard to imagine something that could rival a Sith in the Star Wars universe? This is a VAST galaxy full of worlds/aliens/creatures and the force which in and of itself is a separate thing from the Jedi/Sith and their religions.

But maybe I'm giving Disney too much credit and they won't be that creative at all....and instead just do UBER MEGA POWERFUL SITH who can use the force to explode a planet instead of having to use the DEATH STAR. Even though Vader claims this ability is nothing to the Force? Yeah RIGHT man!

So yeah....Sith are great, but the REAL villain of the old films was the Death Star. Start blowing up planets and people will try to take you down! Can Plagius blow up a planet? If not then I'm tired of hearing about him...

2. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

And a band of Rebels blew up the Death Star TWICE. Jedi/Sith are the superheroes/villians of the Star Wars universe. Non-force-sensitive beings who could best Jedi in one-on-one combat were rare on their own. There is nothing super scary about an army of droids who can overpower Jedi with sheer numbers. We already had that for the last 5+ years with the Clone Wars. An ultra-powerful Sith is a great enemy to the Jedi and the galaxy.

3. zegota

zegota Jedi Master star 1

May 19, 2005
    I don't know if Sith will make an appearance or not, but I guarantee you there will be some sort of Force wielding villain for the simple fact that there is no way they'd make a new Star Wars trilogy without lightsaber battles.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, there is no way in hell this movie is going to not have a blue and/or green lightsaber guy fight the red lightsaber guy.

5. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    or gal ;)

6. DarthAusteros

DarthAusteros Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 6, 2011
    SHARKY_CHOMPCHOMP and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I have to disagree on this. Giving a character lots of raw power is a cheap way to create a big threat. Also, the whole point of Vader's warning to Motti about the power of The Force was that raw power isn't everything. To give The Force a lot of raw power undermines that point.

Hernalt, Bob Octa and Abadacus like this.
  8. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I had to applaud the use of this image. I use that exact phrase a minimum of at least once per week (usually way more).

"Tell em Steve Dave."

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    "A young Jedi named Darth Vader."

Also, in the first draft of ANH ("The Star Wars"), the character with the name "Darth Vader" isn't a Sith.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  10. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I like the whole Jedi Hunter thing. It ties in with what we heard about Rebels and it does sound very interesting throughout the Sequels.

11. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    You can have people with red lightsabers fighting people with blue lightsabers and have NEITHER actually be Jedi or Sith.

It's really, really likely that there WILL be Jedi and Sith, of course. But here's just a few examples of lightsaber fights that don't line up with the traditional concept of a lightsaber duel as laid out above:

Empire Strikes Back & Return of the Jedi: Luke isn't a Jedi in either movie, and up until Jedi, nobody thought a saber could be any color but blue :)
    Attack of the Clones: Mace Windu has a purple lightsaber
    Revenge of the Sith: General Grievous is a non-jedi who fights with multiple lightsabers. Anakin is a sith with a blue lightsaber
    The Clone Wars: Asajj Ventress, Darth Maul, and Savage Opress all have red lightsabers but are not Sith OR Jedi. Obi-Wan Kenobi is a jedi Master who uses a red lightsaber momentarily.

You can absolutely have lightsaber fights in which the people fighting are not jedi OR sith. Lack of members in either religion won't stop the movie from having a saber fight :)

But it likely doesn't matter because odds are Abrams is going to stick to the Jedi/Sith thing, as opposed to spreading it out to just light side/dark side.

12. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    "The report on MakingStarWars.net about the villains of Episode VII is completely wrong. Nothing in the report is accurate."

That's pretty much what I said right after I read it. (I didn't say 'I told you so' - I paraphrased it)

Momotaros likes this.
  13. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    And what is this rebuttal based on? (Yes, I know the story is on the site but I am asking for its basis).

14. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

The First Draft means nothing; only what's in the movies. Darth Vader was considered Dark Lord of the Sith during the OT.

Immortiss likes this.
  15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    [quote="Baron_Papanerd, post: 51615642, member: 1382933"Darth Vader was considered Dark Lord of the Sith during the OT.[/quote]

"A young Jedi named Darth Vader," is in the movies. "Dark Lord of the Sith" =title, "Darth" = name.

16. Jair Crawford

Jair Crawford Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    Just read the article.

No new republic? At all?

Not sure I like that...

17. Eric Geller

Eric Geller TFN Staff Emeritus star 1 VIP

Mar 2, 2005
    I cannot provide that, which is why I said that I totally understand if people don't believe me.

My hope is that, when my debunking turns out to be accurate on December 18, 2015, people will look back at this and understand that I wanted to set the record straight, even if I couldn't elaborate.

18. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    Dark Lord of the SIth literally didn't MEAN anything when Star Wars was shot and released. It was a title that didn't have any real basis in anything other than sounding cool. Same with his name - which was his full name before it was decided that Darth was a title later on. That decision wasn't made before the movie was shot.

In fact, it's completely possible that "Darth" didn't really become a title instead of a first name until Jedi, or even after that film was released, or that "The Sith" became the religion we all know and understand in that same period.

What a Sith is has become codified by now, yeah, but back in the late 70s/early 80s, it wasnt anywhere near as solidified. It was still pretty nebulous.

Bob Octa, Satipo and Artoo-Dion like this.
  19. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    But Ben was twisting the truth & speaking in metaphors. If he'd said "a young Jedi who was given the title Darth Vader" then Luke might have asked "who was he before that?" which then would have required more lies.

Darth PJ and Immortiss like this.
  20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    "Ben" isn't Ben's real name, but "Ben" clearly isn't a title, so why should we think any differently of "Darth"?

21. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    I'm sure this story will be proven or disproven long before that. Do you have any knowledge of the actual plot if this rumor isn't true?

22. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    When watching ANH back in '77 we wouldn't. I'm just saying the fact that Darth is a title fits in with what Ben was saying & there isn't a contradiction or inconsistency, bcs it's a scene where he's misleading Luke. It made sense for him to deceitfully imply that DV was the guy's name, since he's pretending that DV is a different person to Anakin.

Darth Raiden and Darth PJ like this.
  23. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Emphasis on the young. [face_whistling]

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I was talking about what we thought before the prequels were released . That "Darth"' is a title rather than an alias wasn't suggested anywhere before TPM was released. I was debating somebody who claimed that "Darth" was a title in 1977.
    why?

25. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    We can only hope of that,but I'm sure thier be some that will still be upset. Not at you per say,but at the film,because they went in there beliving certain rumors and it didn't turn out like they heard. It's why you should take every rumor with a grain of salt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.