main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dyous87

dyous87 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2006
    Did I miss something? What Sith Lord is who trying to resurrect?

2. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I think Darth Corvus is referring to the MSW rumour with the Jedi Hunters trying to both kill the Jedi and restore the Sith, i think ;)

CairnsTony and dyous87 like this.
  3. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Bingo

Django Fett and dyous87 like this.
  4. dyous87

dyous87 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2006
    Got it I understand. I legitimately thought there was some big news I had missed or something...thanks :)

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Though we already pretty much knew that, we just didn't think he was around during TPM.

It's strongly implied in Palpatine's "opera house" speech in ROTS that he was the apprentice in the story, and Rick McCallum indicated as much on the DVD commentary.

6. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    What about the Imperial Royal Guards? Maybe some of them survived the Death Star II?

[​IMG]

7. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    This Jedi Hunter's rumor better not be true. It is among the worst ideas out there right now. Or they better be working for a smaller adversary of the Jedi, such as the Imperial Remnant. I cannot imagine why there is no New Republic in this idea either. It just sounds completely pointless.

8. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
  9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I don't agree that the Royal Guards should be the villains, but I love that picture.

10. Obill-Wan Cuppobi

Obill-Wan Cuppobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 2, 2014
    How about taking a page out of KOTOR II's book? Have three Sith lords. (Lupita, Driver, Gwendoline) Each represents something about the Sith. They all seem united at first, but then their natural sithyness takes over, and they start plotting to bump each other off. Then, potentially, you could have one of them turn good. Or you could have the last one standing as the be-all, end-all Sith lord.

I'm thinking that Gwendoline could be the raw-power, lightsaber based Sith, Lupita could be like a witch-sith, and Driver could be the charasmatic, Palpatine-like sith. The public face, if you will, of the Sith. Gwendoline is the fist, and Lupita is the brains.

You could even start Von Sydow as their master who holds them all in check, and they bump him off in the first movie at the end, during a space battle, akin to ROTJ. The ensuing confusion allows the good guys to win, but also unleashes a dark evil on the galaxy.

I haven't worked out all the nuts and bolts, but I think that sounds pretty cool. Still the Sith, but a little different than what we've seen of them in the movies.

Dak Oolron and darklordoftech like this.
  11. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Looks like I missed the "Jedi Hunters" rumor discussion.

The circle is now complete. When I last left this thread, people were discussing dark side apprentices. Now we are once again discussing the Master.

As well it should be. The ST's "Big Bad" needs to be a dark side-wielding villain on par with Palpatine and Vader, not a bunch of lesser dark sider types; although we can certainly have some of those.

13. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Let's face it... the only possible 3 ways he can know that the story is "100% false" is if either the original source admitted it, or... that 'he' himself (Geller) is the source, or... that Lucasfilm themselves have, behind the scenes, confirmed that it was them leaking disinformation.

14. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

What did Visas say again? "There is more to the Sith than death and destruction. There are different types of hate, but all come from the dark side." Something like that. Kotor 2 had a very interesting take on the sith, the force, the jedi and morality. Given enough time to complete it, it would have been far superior to Kotor 1, or any star wars stroy for that matter.

So Gewn would be Sion, Lupita Nihilus and Driver Traya? Sounds good? BUt what would that make Sydow? Vitiate maybe?
    Who is gonna be Revan?

15. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    the force unleashed has saber wielding guards. white armor, black and other colors. if they were going to have any jedi fighting warriors beside main characters i would love a red guard variant.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

16. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

For Geller to mention the rumors, which would be major spoilers if true, in the headline requires alot of confidence the information is false.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I agree... which comes back to the options I mentioned. Either the source has admitted it's false or it's been debunked (unofficially) by someone within Lucasfilm. I know from experience that most rumour/speculation is deemed good for profile/business, and is welcomed... except that which is based on information that has been obtained illegally and which could 'spoil' the official PR machine's plans...

Dra--- likes this.
  18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Please....don't copy anything from TFU games. Ugh....just....don't.

Granek and Dak Oolron like this.
  19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    It really doesn't matter if they're called Jedi Killers or whatever...the end result will be the same, anyway.

20. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    quote]

What did Visas say again? "There is more to the Sith than death and destruction. There are different types of hate, but all come from the dark side." Something like that. Kotor 2 had a very interesting take on the sith, the force, the jedi and morality. Given enough time to complete it, it would have been far superior to Kotor 1, or any star wars stroy for that matter.
    [/quote]

kotor 2 is already superior to kotor 1 and always will be. Though i hear there is a restoration mod out. I could not figure out how to install it though

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't have any desire to see Vitiate or Revan. Those characters are meant for video games, not for movies.

22. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Latino Review says they usually refer to this group of Sith-like baddies as mercenaries in their correspondence. Not Jedi hunters (which was never an official name, right?).

I can see an Imperial Remnant hiring mercs to harass Alliance or Jedi interests.

Darth PJ:
    You echo my thoughts on this very well. How can Geller be so sure unless he or his source(s) have read or know what's in the SP? Supposedly very few have read it ... so why would an LFL employee debunk something that wasn't true? You'd think they wouldn't care if we speculated about false rumors. Which makes me think there's some truth to the rumor, or the LFL person is just a SW humanitarian. Since Eric Geller hasn't (presumably) read the SP, he must just trust his source. But I'm not sure why we should.

Immortiss and Darth PJ like this.
  23. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Gahh, so I wasn't clear enough apparently: I didn't mean it literarily. It was an analogy like how the three evil force users sound a lot like the Sith triumvirate.

24. Obill-Wan Cuppobi

Obill-Wan Cuppobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 2, 2014
    Yes. I don't want a total rip-off from the videogames, but the concept of a triumvirate would be cool. That's what I was getting at.

Here's more on that idea: the main cast could know Von Sydow, they could even be looking for him in the beginning of the movie, but the other three are unknown. Sydow had gone to the edges of the galaxy to hide out, and the good guys are coming for him. Sydow has been training the triumvirate in the Sith ways, but going back to the teachings of *insert ancient Sith lord here.* He's been doing it in secret, though, and keeping the three young Sith in check. Sydow dies at the end of the movie, thus the one thing holding the triumvirate back, is gone. They plan to create chaos across the galaxy.

EP VIII: The plan begins. This is the dark one. At least one of the old good guys dies off, and one of the new guys gets captured, a la Han in EP V.

There's a billion holes, I'm sure, but that's a rough outline that I could roll with.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  25. Palpy daugther

Palpy daugther Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2014
    I think the Emperor could also be a child (no one says the opposite, right?) (Adam Driver).... Maybe he will be the main villain SW7?
    And he will have a love / hate Daisy (most likely - so fashionable now)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.