main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who would you like to see in a lightsaber face-off ?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sraw__rats, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    well we're gonna see Adam Driver kill Luke, so...

2. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    I'd at least like to see Leia draw a lightsaber. Though, thinking prudently, they may want to find creative ways to keep Leia and Luke away from the main villains for a while.

3. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I wouldn't mind seeing two lightsabre duels taking place simultaneously, say between Daisy and one baddie and John and another. For argument's sake say, on the bridge of a Star Destroyer, or in the Hangar Bay; gradually the two fights come together until we have a brief melee of four lightsabers clashing. They quickly separate and we find that Daisy and John are now fighting each other's baddies! Mad, but original...:p

Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Not bad. How about in the back and fort switching, Daisy and John end up accidentally fighting each other. Imagine their surprise when they realise it mid swing.
    - What? Why am I fightinh you?
    - I don't know. You still mad about that thing?
    - Of course not I...wait. Are THEY fighting each other?
    - Probably. Let's get 'em.

Revanfan1 and CairnsTony like this.
  5. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Seeing as you must have read the script, maybe you could share some more with us?

This is the "Spoilers Allowed" forum, after all. I'm sure we'd all love to know what happens next! :p

6. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013
    I dont think Luke will die in a lightsaber fight IMO

I would however LOVE to see a Luke moment similar to Indiana Jones - Sword gunfight in Raiders

Just too perfect.

7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    We've already seen a lightsaber - gunfight in AOTC between Obi-Wan and Jango, is that what you're thinking? ;)

8. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013

No im thinking more, a lightsaber swinging baddie just gets thrown to the side by Luke. Something like that. I want to see super powerful Luke.

Revanfan1 and Django Fett like this.
  9. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    I want to see Leia use a lightsaber. If non force users like Han and Padme get to use one on screen, its only fair Leia gets her moment to use one as well. :p

10. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    YES!!! i want to see what Daddy's little girl can do.

11. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    Luke vanishes of course. ;) Then says, "Run John. Run."

Revanfan1 and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  12. Primetime_Jedi

Apr 21, 2000
    When did Padme use one? (Please don't say in one of the cartoons)

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Luke against everyone.

14. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yep.

[​IMG]

If you count that as "using" a lightsaber (in the kind of way that Han Solo used the same saber years later, I guess).

I don't know if Carrie Fisher is keen on participating in a full-on lightsaber duel, but if we do get to see Leia with a lightsaber in the ST, I hope it's for a little more than something like this.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    Maybe as Luke is engaging in his final duel, knowing he is beaten, he should have a flashback to that final duel with Vader on Death Star II at the point where Vader is forced onto his knees. His attacker could say in a raspy voice something like At last the famous Luke Skywalker is no more! [face_devil][face_skull]
    Just a thought.

16. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Not a bad idea. But I hope he hallucinates the Emperor: And now, young Skywalker..you will die.

17. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Luke vs. whoever with 'Duel of Fates' playing.

18. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    He could do. But I personally think it would be more powerful for Luke to have that flashback to his younger self in victory just as he is in sure defeat. It would really herald a changing of the guard of the most powerful force users in the galaxy. Context is key I guess.

19. Primetime_Jedi

Apr 21, 2000
    So I just had a thought concerning Leia.............Generally I don't think she will be the "Warrior Jedi Knight" type. I think she will be more of a political leader/diplomat who uses the force for channeling her mind and thought powers.

But what if we had a scene in which Leia is walking along somewhere on Coruscant for example--and we've never seen her use a lightsaber yet-- and she gets suddenly attacked by bad guys, troopers, etc. Then she whips out a saber and spins and hacks all of them down like lightning, then calmly puts her saber back under her robes. The movie crowd would go nuts!

The idea is that she is capable and trained at using a saber but prefers not to. It's not her primary calling.

ForgottennJedi1986 and Sarge like this.
  20. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Gwendeline's Character and Some other villian versus Luke!

JunoSynth likes this.
  21. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    I'd like to see a rematch between Han and a tauntaun. But this time a live one. Jk. That would be cruel.

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  22. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Depends on who wins.

TK327 likes this.
  23. Primetime_Jedi

Apr 21, 2000
    Han dies and the tauntaun cuts him open with a saber and stuffs Luke inside. Wait, that's kinda gross.......

24. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    You obviously have not been the film Face off Travolta played FBI agent Sean Archer while Cage played Castor Troy when these two fought with guns knifes & harpoon gun it was gory I doubt a lightsaber duel would not be any different.

25. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    I doubt a female sith would much of a challenge I would like to have seen Mara Jade & him having a bad day with the responsibility of new republic & decide to have a duel to see who was better jedi in their marriage obviously with love Mara would win but hey I hope it happens in Episodes 8 & 9

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.