main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Denver Comic Con June 13 –15, 2014

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by banzai, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    So sad it's over!

ladyblues likes this.
  2. ladyblues

ladyblues Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    Sad, relieved, ready to get cracking on next year! 10 months to CVII (for those who can go) and 12 months to DCC'15! <gulp>

darth_hair likes this.
  3. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Thank you and you are invited...

Thank you, everyone who helped make the Star Wars Experience a huge success this weekend! There are way too many people to list. We had nonstop traffic from the time the doors opened until close every day. The folks at CBC and DCC are extremely happy with the spectacle we put on and will be talking soon about 2015! Sam wanted me to extend his appreciation to you all for everyone’s hard work.

So on to some business:
    First I have some lost and found items. If you are missing anything that is not on my list please post it up and maybe someone else ended up with it.
    I have:
    1 black leather tabard (Vader?)
    2 pair of glasses

A 1” white webbing strap with a black snap (Snowtrooper?)
    A blue ribbon
    2 t shirts left at the Fett dinner (contact me with a description)

I would also like to extend an invitation to come over to my place for hot dogs and sodas for everyone who worked a shift and their families. Come on over Sunday the 29th around 1pm and hang out for a bit without all of the chaos of a con.
    Please let me know if you are interested so we can be sure to get enough dogs and buns. BYOB if you want to drink.

Thanks again!
    Jeff

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  4. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I want to thank Jeff for corralling all the cats and putting the Star Wars Experience together. It's awesome to see all the Star Wars groups working together and I know how much hard work was put into it.

I will gladly eat your hot dogs in appreciation!

5. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Note to self: Do not attempt to bring a 9-year old to 3 days of con even if she wants to. R2 heads will roll...literally.

ladyblues likes this.
  6. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    My free-food-radar just went off. RSVP for me, JT, and Latrese! Let us know if we should bring chips or something to share.

ladyblues likes this.
  7. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Beer...oh okay, to share, too.

8. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    So, I can't use the language here that I used on Faceborg, but the same applies, DH. You are AWESOMESAUCE! If my health permits, I would be happy to join you the 29th. :) Kim and I need to get our poodoo together for MALcon, too.

9. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009

Oh wieners, I love wieners!

10. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    We know. :cool:

FanForced and he-guy like this.
  11. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

And we know that you like to put as many of them in your mouth at one time as you can...

12. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    corran_r9 I had no idea you were such a wiener type of guy...

Good thing you work up in Alaska with all those other boys :)

13. ladyblues

ladyblues Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    This feels like an akward time to chime in that we're coming, but count us in. At least Geoff. I'll be tentative based on how I'm feeling that day.

And thanks for hosting, Jeff. We should all be the ones throwing the party for you guys.

QueenHighMistress and corran_r9 like this.
  14. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Hey everyone, I just wanted to thank you all for doing such a great job with the Star Wars Experience this year, and all the awesome panels you guys did. I heard nothing but great things about all of our Star Wars fan-run events, and it's just further proof about how awesome the Colorado Star Wars fan community is. You guys totally rocked it! (Now, if I could just get my RMFF shirt...)

I was only able to sneak upstairs to say hi a couple of times, but I was very impressed with what I saw and wished I could have been a part of it. Thanks for everything, and here's hoping next year will be even better!

corran_r9 likes this.
  15. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    Good to know Ben :) I'd like to say a huge thank you to Jeff for all the work he did! Also, to the heads of the other groups. Jen for the work on the auction, and the other helpers! Plus a big thanks to Kim. Really to Jeff and Kim, they both do so much for group(s). They let us invade their house constantly, feed us, make things for us, give us little things when something breaks, herd us around...on and on. Thanks for everything! I'll be there Sunday!

Oh and I just meant I like hotdogs. Pervs...

16. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    And "wieners" replaced with "hot dogs" makes it any less pervy with this group?

QueenHighMistress likes this.