main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh, we will be having that challenge come July. I don't joke about these things. I already have a title. And I want that non-PG version :p

And yeah, my distaste for FFN goes long back. I actually only made an account there because people were like harassing me for the full version of one of my fics after the truncation fiasco. In hindsight it was a bad idea.

Also, my brain is being a poo. Just as I was falling asleep, I had a BRILLIANT idea of how to finish the scene I'm currently on and for the life of me I can't remember the idea, and now I have no idea where to go in the fic. Uhhggg.

Gemma and ginchy like this.
  2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Can somebody send me a link to the chapter? I'm sorry if I haven't read or reviewed any of your wonderful stories lately. School finals are more stressful now than they every been...meaning forcing my son to study is taking it's toll on me. During the last week I had to make sure he didn't fail his Spanish class. Tomorrow I am off to a one week Scout Camp with the boys. I hope to think of a good beard story for the upcoming challenge while I am getting bitten by mosquitoes and annoyed by teenage boys.

ginchy likes this.
  3. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    Specter of the Past. ;) At the Cavrilhu pirates' base. Dine and dash, lol.

ginchy likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, please pass on the link or post here. [face_batting] Woot!

5. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    I'd love to do that... And I know ribines was mentioned in sQ

Which reminds me...what are they? Do to the similar name I've always seen them as the gffa version of ribs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I too think of them as ribs. Yum!

7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Wookieepedia's "Rib" page lists "karkan ribenes" as a rib, so I guess you're right. :p

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yeah, they sound familiar, I think they've been mentioned in a couple EU books, or maybe those were fanfics I'm recalling. You know your a fanfic writer when... you can't remember if you read something in a book or a fanfic :p

9. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    They were definitely mentioned in survivors quest. Now I'm hungry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revanfan1 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  10. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    So there's no way to PG down my beard challenge fic. That means that now I have to write a G or PG companion piece to go with it. How do I do this to myself?!

Personally, I blame Luke Skywalker. :p

Gemma and taramidala like this.
  11. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004

You mean this?

[​IMG]

Revanfan1 and ginchy like this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] SQUEE-ing already. [face_batting]

ginchy likes this.
  13. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    See, this is why I get into these pickles. [face_rofl] I have this hanging up in my office. [face_love]

JediMara77 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  14. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999

And yet you set a personal record! :D

ginchy likes this.
  15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
  16. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  17. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Yeah, she is good. There are a couple women at Deviant Art who do Mara Jade very well.

18. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    Much wow. So Mara. :eek:

I know a lot of fans despise Teh Catsuit, but she pulled it off very well (though I personally feel the extreme platform stiletto boots kind of detract, since the character wouldn't be caught dead in those). Kudos to anyone who has the willpower to cos-troop in vinyl. [face_relieved]What I love most is her hair; it's fantastic! Awesome job!

Gemma and Revanfan1 like this.
  19. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    All right, I'm going to derail this thread briefly (I hope), but I figured this would be the place to ask this...

I know this is a cringe-worthy topic, but bear with me: I've seen plenty of Luke-deals-with-dead-Mara fics out there on the interwebs (and no, I don't enjoy dead Mara, but I do appreciate well-written fics with tough subject matters), but are there any that deal with the reverse situation - Luke dying first and Mara being left behind? Granted, unless somebody takes the easy way out and just tweaks the ending of The Unifying Force, it's a bear trying to come up with a way of having Luke be killed when he's got, y'know...UNLIMITED POWAH. :p That aside, I've yet to see a fic tackle the issues that Mara would have to face in a future without Farmboy (with or without Ben; I know the latter would be far less depressing and give her more motivation to not go on an epic Dark Side bender of vengeance). If anyone knows of such fics, feel free to let me know.

If there aren't...the bunnies will call. Evil, evil bunnies.

*ducks flying shoes and tomatoes*

20. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    ThreadSketch, I don't know of any off the top of my head (other than one I read part of that was some sort of incesty Mara/Jacen mess - BLECH!), but ginchy sort of wrote about that in "Echoes of Always," and I know of at least one other regular L/M writer is planning to do some kind of Mara-without-Luke fic in the future, but it probably won't be NJO/EU related.

ginchy likes this.
  21. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    I did sort of write about that! Only in a fic by me will you get dead Luke, dead Mara, and still somehow have a romance happen and, of course, ginchy-shine. ahem. ;)

I am trying to think of any others and am blanking. I did write another one called 'A Thin Veil' in which Mara is an aged Master and Luke is dead. The story is about her last apprentice. I know there have to be others. I must just be forgetting!!

22. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    ECHOES OF ALWAYS RULES!!! ^:)^

Nyota's Heart and ginchy like this.
  23. ginchy

May 25, 2005

[:D]

I just remembered one that Mama Vader wrote where Mara was elderly and had to deal with crazy grandkids and Luke was dead. But I'm not sure of the title of it and I'm pretty sure it's lost in the truncated masses. I'll keep thinking.

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    There was one, I think it was a song fic or a challenge fic where the reader is lead to believe Mara is dead, but at the end you find out that Luke is the one that died in a speeder accident. I'm totally blanking on a title and an author, but I do think it was older, like before my time here.

25. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    O_O *mental bleach, mental bleach, MENTAL BLEACH!!!*

[face_plain]

I either need more sleep, more coffee, or more neurons, as I did read that fic some long while back and it just slipped my mind of late. UGH. My deepest apologies for completely blanking out on that. I skipped any "shine" portions, but otherwise it was an excellent work. Oy, this deserves a Picard and Riker double facepalm. [face_laugh]

Nothing ever needs to be NJO-related, lol. It's...meh. It can be useful, but...oh, I'll just keep my yap shut. Enough has been typed.

"A Thin Veil" sounds somewhat familiar too. I may just be suffering from a case of being unable to retain previously read fics. [face_blush] I've got more holes in my head than the Maw Cluster...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.