main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Human heritage" (The ancient conflict between the dark side & the light side of the Force)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 6, 2013.

1. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    1. UGH no internet
    2. YAAYYY HAVE FUN!

“The holy birth cave collapsed.”

That sounds horrid.

“Those children mean the universe to Isabeau. For their safety, she would even face the Order of Light.”

:) She is great

My healing skills would drive out the poison of that newborn boy almost immediately. I cannot believe that they really want to trust machines.

Your presence would poison him further.
    It's like in Harry Potter, and Molly's reaction to Muggle treatments :p

The Force readings that I get from the serpent-spawn are alarming. Each of the three female babies carries the potential of a powerful Force witch, and the boys are collateral, even for their mother. Each one of them must die, their names never to be uttered again.

See, you are poison. *headdesk*

Suddenly something tugs at my soul. It is like an explosion of fire in the core of my being. The light that went out with Lisiére's death is ignited again.

I'm rolling my eyes. I'm surprised he could feel anything in his near-bezerker mode.

Gri irritates me. He's more than 20 years her senior, right? She was annoying as a baby too. Look at this, thinking she can change him

(I know, hush, she does bah)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    * is still up due to the extreme heat and listening to chants as if they are lullabies

Feel very whacked with my pillow. I had this idea long before Meyers came with her inprint thingy in the "twilight saga". Hum, thinking of it and having re-watched my "Dune" & "Children of Dune" DVDs recently, I can say I was inspired by Frank Herbert. He spoke about pre-born. This came back to me, when starting on the first lay-out of this story in the 1990ies.

Perhaps I also never should have read "The Mists of Avalon" when I was but 12 years of age. That also fuelled a lot in me, also in my personal and religious development. In that book and in more historical based stories & literature classics I read a lot about the age difference of married couples. So for me this is no reason to wonder. Jane Eyre is younger than Mister Rochester. And so is the mother of David Copperfield when taking her abusive husband Mister Murdstone into account.

DarthUncle likes this.
  3. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Yes, you definitely had this before imprinting became mmm…'popular.'

It's creepy as all hell IMO. I get squicked with older novels that do that. Even though it WAS popular.

AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  4. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Agathos is a grateful guy, though maybe a bit too easy with letting harm come to himself to help the ones he loves, but he clearly has a lot of mental strength and love to draw on. I glory he is right, would wish, against reason that Lucien would learn from that more and consider stopping over himself and appreciate his friends efforts for his wife and friend more. But maybe something stronger is needed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    SWpants if you really want something to make you run for the hills over there's a fan fic author on ff.net that has written a lot of Sailor Moon AU fics and let's just say that not only is there a good sized age gap between the Senshi and the Generals but in a few of them, because they were lovers or at least dating in their last life, they have romantic feelings for each other. There was even a joke that Venus would need a Chasity Belt and how the girls were going to drive the guys crazy.

Man, Lucien needs to take a vacation.

AzureAngel2 and DarthUncle like this.
  6. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    I'm not a SM person but ick

AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    What is he doing?

You are leaving us with a cliffie[face_devil]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Men often go for younger women.
    Another great update, Azure! Have fun on your getaway.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yay for the healing/saving powers of Isabeau and Grianan. :) It is wonderful to see Agathos and Narthex still tight as brothers, lending moral support. :*

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

My voyage back to Amnion is blurry like some old pergamentus text. I am uncertain how I made it home. All my feelings, all my thoughts focus on a grey pair of eyes. I wish that I could let them go.

When I stumble through the door, I almost fall over a small body. Éibhear lies in the entrance hall on a blanket. He is sound asleep and sucks his thumb.

“You silly, silly boy,” I scold him so softly that he does not wake up.

I pick him up and carry him back into the nursery where he belongs.

The twins' cat eyes gleam in the darkness when I enter. “Faites de beaux rêves,” I whisper tenderly. Sweet dreams.

I place Éibhear on my bed and gather the twins from their cribs.

Instead of cleansing my body as my grandfather taught me, I stay with my children the entire night. Their heartbeats have a calming effect on me, though I know that I am a man possessed by great evil.

All I ever read on witches, each word that I was taught is true.They can sway the minds of men to love or hatred. By some glamour, they can change rightful persons into beasts.

“Beware, witchling, beware!” I mutter into the darkness. “I will come for you and destroy you!”

I should not have allowed this thing to live. This is no child of Agathos but a succubus in mortal form.

My lips find the right words before my brain is even aware of them.In the Holy Name of the Force, I break and dissolve any and all curses, hexes, spells, snares, traps, lies, obstacles, deceptions, diversions, spiritual influences, evil wishes, evil desires, hereditary seals, known and unknown, and every dysfunction and disease from any source including my mistakes and sins.”

A hard shudder shakes me, but I still feel the witchling, see her. My breath leaves me in a rush.

When I believe I have enough air again, I burst out in a loud whisper,“In the Name of the Force, I sever the transmission of any and all unholy vows, pacts, spiritual bonds, soul ties, and evil works.”

Instead of relief, a scorching warmth spreads over my skin. The bond is unbroken. I am doomed.

Sionnach is amused when she finds all three children in my bed the next morning. Stiffly, I sit up, explaining, “I am sorry that I overslept. It was late when I came home last night.”

“There is no need for excuses. It is just a pity that you missed Agathos' call.”

My throat becomes tight and I pick up Tāchys with shaky hands. “Did you answer it?”

She shakes her head, pressing Phrēn to her bosom. “No, Angina took it.”

“Did she say what he wanted from me?”

“Something about a fish recipe of yours.” In front of my eyes she opens her night gown and presses Tāchys against her naked chest. “But Angina believes he just wanted to talk.”

When I call Agathos back, Narthex answers. He is holding the witchling that is my eternal damnation. “Agathos is having dinner with his family right now,” the master valet informs me. “He found your fish recipe. They seem to love it.”

I leave that compliment uncommented, because a pair of hazy grey eyes snaps wide open. “Which of your grandchildren is that?” I ask with played gentleness.

His smile is almost idiotic. “This is Grianán.”

Winter sun. What an unusual name for a Tjiehenet.”

“It is a way for Arcānā to ease her conscience about the death of Adamah. She now tries to honour the Elfin culture.” I wish she would honour it by granting Ruahdan Ahearne amnesty instead.

The cry of another baby is heard in the background.

“Aconite!” exclaims Narthex and runs away from the screen.

Anxiously, I wait for his return.

Narthex comes back without the witchling. “If you would excuse me now, milord. My grandson is fully awake for the first time since the incident.”

“I am happy to hear that. Please give Agathos my regards. I'll call back another time.”

I switch off the holonet and sink into my office chair.

Sionnach pops her head in. “Are you okay?”

“I am just tired. I had better stay at home today.”

Once the door is closed, I get up to bolt it.

In the desk drawer, I find my most valued possession. It is wrapped in violet silk.

“It has been a long time, old friend,” I whisper while I free the whip. “Perhaps too long. I became sloppy, let my guard down when it mattered most.”

The first strokes that clash against my naked back feel like a homecoming. Peace at last.

DarthUncle likes this.
  11. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    At least he loves his family so not all is lost where he is concerned.

Nyota's Heart and AzureAngel2 like this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I agree with Misty and little does he know the unbreakable bond with Grianan will be the absolute, complete opposite of a curse. ;) [face_love] Winter Sun -- she strikes me more as a spring sun ... bringing life, love, renewal. LOL Your characters make me lyrical. [:D]

Lady_Misty and AzureAngel2 like this.
  13. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    I don't expect you to rewrite it :)
    Nope, it's YOUR story. I choose to read it [:D]

“Beware, witchling, beware!” I mutter into the darkness. “I will come for you and destroy you!”

*laughs* You wish
    She's a succubus for your soul.

“Winter sun. What an unusual name for a Tjiehenet.”

It's an unusual name, period. But it's a beautiful one.

“It has been a long time, old friend,” I whisper while I free the whip.

:( It almost makes me want to cry for him.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    poor Lucien, under the spell of witchcraft and more. At least he is gentle to the children

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    It's nice to see him with family :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @Lady_Misty, yes he loves his family more than anything in the universe.

@Nyota´s Heart, oui c´est l´amoure!!! [face_love]

Then I create at least some pity for his bad attitude here.

Gri does NOT really know what she did with the knowledge from her ancestors, earlybird-obi-wan.

Here is more of his family, Hazel:

Chapter 13: The blessing

Soon, I have a new daily routine. I rise in the grey hours of dawn and check on the children in the nursery. After that, I tiptoe downstairs to prepare breakfast. Angina usually joins me and we compare our time tables for the day.

When the food is ready, I bring up tea tray for Sionnach. She also requires some help getting down the stairs, due to the difficult labour.

Once in the kitchen, Sionnach feeds the hungriest twin first, while Éibhear gets his porridge either from Angina or from me. When the children are fed we adults eat together. Then I go to the Embassy for about five or six hours.

I try to keep work and home strictly separated. Even our famous parties are now held in the Embassy.

What I truly love is accompanying Eibhear to the play group at noon while Sionnach and Angina take the twins to the baby centre. Once there, I like to take my veil off. The little ones are so easily scared and prefer to look at my bare face and have me smile at them. I don't feel guilty, for according to the Holy Scriptures, I am allowed to unveil myself in a private setting and amongst children.

Éibhear and I learn the local songs, such as ´Head and shoulders, knees and toes´ and ´Itsy, bitsy spider´. We play with building blocks, do some physical exercises, and draw with crayons or water colours.

Amnionians are very social people. Education is extremely important to them. It is evident in the teachers' behaviours and in the spectrum of future opportunities.

Once a week, I bring Sionnach and the children to the pool that belongs to the play group. It is obligatory for the citizens of Polysýndeton to learn how to swim and dive. But no matter the day, the Embassy has my attention for most of the afternoon. I have staff to take care of emergencies and visitors in my absence.

When the sun is low on the horizon, I to walk home. After simple dinner, the children are tucked into bed and I turn into a story teller. Every few nights, Éibhear asks me to sing.

Only when our offspring is asleep do Sionnach and I tell each other about our day. She wants to wait to begin practicing as a Force healer until the twins are old enough to enter pre-school. That might already be in two years time, with the Amnionian push for early education.

When my mother ordered the in-vitro fertilization, she also meddled around with the twins' genetics. They are not true Elves any more. Their growth is that of normal Lidérc children. I hope that Éibhear will not be frustrated by that. At some point they will surpass him and he will not look the older brother any longer. He is cunning and clever, but his body is that of a three year old boy. Long life and prosperity has a price.

Around their first birthday, the twins begin a new phase of exploring. The toys and stuffed animals fly through the nursery; loud noises tell me that the furniture also develops a penchant for levitation. As long as they do not hurt each other, I let the twins test themselves.

So far, neither Tāchys nor Phren shows a weakness for the dark side. They are bright children, blessed with light, love and empathy. I am so glad that they will grow up without my heartless mother. I do not want them broken.

Tāchys is a wild girl with a rough tenderness whereas Phren is a real prankster, though his jokes are usually sweet and playful. Both adore Éibhear, even if they do sometimes try his patience. All in all my children are inseparable. That makes me proud and glad that the twins can grow up in an environment that is free from bloody competition and death threats.

There is an unexpected force in my life though, influencing all my family members. My older half-brother becomes a regular guest in our house. He isalways incognito, letting one of his servants be his decoy while he is away. Usually, he comes bearing gifts for the children and plants for Sionnach.

“I like this kitchen very much,” Parhelion tells us during one of his surprise visits. “It is so homely.”

The twins and Éibhear lie on an Elfin tartan rug, cuddling with one another in their sleep. Angina sits close to the hearth fire and spins wool. I am busy with the dinner preparations while Sionnach sets the table for us.

“Why are you here today?” I ask sharply.

“I would like to discuss the religious education of the twins with you,” he confesses.

“As their godfather you have the right to ask, but I will not make any concessions to your cult, Parhelion. It is unnatural.”

A shadow flickers over his face. “What do you want the twins to believe in then? In two moon goddesses of a world that they both will never set foot on? Or even worse, do you want them to make blood sacrifices to the Great Mother Snake of Draconis?”

My fingers cramp around the cooking spoon. “I want my children to grow into upright individuals, being able to tell right from wrong. And, most of all, I want them to behave responsibly with their Force powers.”

Parhelion makes a dry, guttural sound at the back of his throat.

“I know that I am far from perfect, my brother.” I take the cookery pot off the hotplate and close my eyes. “Defending the weak and bringing peace and order to the universe always comes with a high price. My children will never pay such a price. They will have a rich and fulfilling life.”

Parhelion fails to understand what ails me. “Can you at least enlist them at a private elite school?”

I turn around as slowly as possible, which gives me enough time to calm my face. “All three will visit a public pre-school. They will interact with the children from the neighbourhood. Sionnach and I have enough to deal with within the high society of this city already.”

(To be continued!)

DarthUncle likes this.
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I love the care Lucien is giving to his children. No darkness at all there in him

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet family moments. It seems a good idea to have the kids in regular school. They are endearing and you can tell Lucien truly cares for them. :) :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Soon, I have a new daily routine.

Children do that.

I don't feel guilty, for according to the Holy Scriptures, I am allowed to unveil myself in a private setting and amongst children.

Why is that, by the way? Is it because children don't have the hardness of adults, or they're innocent, or what?

They are not true Elves any more. Their growth is that of normal Lidérc children. I hope that Éibhear will not be frustrated by that. At some point they will surpass him and he will not look the older brother any longer. He is cunning and clever, but his body is that of a three year old boy. Long life and prosperity has a price.

It's sad that they were meddled with in that way.
    I forget how Eibhear took to it. Probably because I forgot about this part.

All in all my children are inseparable. That makes me proud and glad that the twins can grow up in an environment that is free from bloody competition and death threats.

It is definitely a good thing :D
    And being a father from the start like this really changes him - along with Gri, of course.She's a big catalyst, but having a woman truly bear his children was the beginning.

I understand Parhelion's desire for the children to be in private school, but I also understand Lucien's (and Sionnach's) plan to send them to public school.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. Tyranus230

Tyranus230 Jedi Master star 7

Feb 16, 2005
    A very nice family scene. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was really sweet! :)

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @earlybird-obi-wan: There is darkness lurking in each of us. It is always the question how we deal with it.

@Nyota´s Heart: There is also light in our lives, always. It is in the people that are around us.

@SWpants: Around small kiddos people and laws become softer!

@Tyranus230: There is more where this came from, he, he.

@Hazel: You are my guest.

Okay, here my next up-date.

When the third birthday of the twins nears, I take Éibhear to the market place. The boy wants to buy his own presents for the twins using his weekly allowance. His bravery and growing independence make me proud. He is everything a father can wish for.

The local folk know us and we are met by friendly greetings. The Human League keeps away from the neighbourhood. Their ideas about pure-bred humans and anti-alien rallies are not welcome here.

Éibhear picks out a beautiful satin hair ribbon for Tāchys and a little bag of plant seeds for Phren. Happily, he presents me his choices. I give him an approving nod.

While he pays the two merchants, who have stalls opposite one another, a familiar face catches my eye. Aurora Kyrene, the niece of Narthex, passes by with her foster son Aconite. Just a small number knows that he is not her own, but is a prince of the Tjiehenet line, unwanted by his birth mother.

“Mistress Kyrene,” I call out and wave to her.

Her head looks around and she spots me immediately. With a height of almost two metres I am not easy to miss.

“Vicomte! What a nice surprise!”

A radiant smile spreads over her olive coloured face, reaching her exotic lavender eyes. With little Aconite on her arm, she rushes towards me. For a moment I am worried that she tries to hug me, but she stops breathlessly in front of me. She is a small and slender woman. Her face could be that of an angelic statue in the city temple. Like the majority of the Amnionians she has black curls.

Éibhear, who has finished with his purchases, joins us. “Hi!”

“Little lord Ankou, I have not seen you for a while.” Aurora Kyrene kneels down to come to the level of his eyes. This does not please Aconite. He does not like sharing his mother's attention with anybody. Sourly, he glares at Éibhear.

“I bought birthday presents for the twins.”

“Really? What did you buy?” Aurora Kyrene asks warmly.

While Éibhear chats away, I take Aconite in. He is like a cold spot, sending shivers through my body. Arcānā had meaninglessly burned out all his skills and cut him off from the Living Force, but the dark side seems to linger in him.

As far as I understand, it was his twin sister Grianán who saved his life. That act of necromancy might have been committed in absolute innocence, but I swore to myself to keep track of the activities of the little princess. The Tjiehenet line produces a mighty Force witch every once in a while. I cannot sanction that.

With the start of Kalo Keri, the most popular time of year at Polysýndeton for boat tours and fishing trips,I get a holonet call from Agathos.

“You can start preparing tea for me,” he beams. “We arrived yesterday. The press does not know yet, but there is no way that I can prevent them spotting any of us.”

“Whom are you talking to?” I hear Arcānā say somewhere in the background. There is also the sound of running and laughing children.

“A dear old friend who lives in the neighbourhood,” her husband replies.

“Perhaps you should go to see him after tea time. Kairos might be offended otherwise,” she considers.

“Can I fetch you from work?” Agathos asks me.

I nod.

“Perfect. I will be at your office at six.” A little head comes into view. I see a mass of blond locks. There is a sweet voice asking something that I do not catch. “Of course we can go on the veranda now and watch the ocean, Grianán. I just want to finish the call.”

Grianán. The witchling.

Electric currents run through my body. I try my best to keep my face neutral.

“I have a lot to tell you,” Agathos continues. “But now is not the right time, I...”

A waving arm comes into view.

“Daná, please wait a moment.”

“No!” a determined child's voice states and the holoscreen goes blank.

Exhausted, I lean back in my office chair.

They are here. They are all here.

Calothrix Aletheia, the young wife of Kairos, has given birth to her baby boy at the beginning of last week. The royal family must have come for the baptism.

Let me come, too,” Tāchys offers, barring the front door with her small, yet determined body. She is three now, a wild and proud half-blood with fearful premonitions at times. When I turned from the holo screen earlier, she was behind me, staring into space. And when I had asked what was wrong, she told me that I was going to meet someone important; a meeting that my soul dreaded though my mind wasn't aware of it.

I must find ways to better shield myself from my daughter.

“No,” I repeat, not willing to shout at her or remove her by force. She just wants to help,and while I value her eagerness, nobody can help me in this case. I need to face my greatest failure alone.

“Please, daddy!” my daughter whines.

To my greatest distress, the first tears roll over her chubby cheeks. “Don't,” I say. It comes out as a soft whisper, more like a prayer than an order.

“Please,” Tāchys repeats agitated.

“I am deeply sorry, but I cannot take you with me this morning.” My heart hurts while I look at her wet face, and hurts more as I remove her fingers from the door handle. I grip her carefully by her neck and kiss her brow. She is paralysed in an instant. “You will stay here, because I say so.”

Under her frozen, shocked eyes I clean her face with my handkerchief and remove all visible signs of crying. Then I set her down on the floor, stabilizing her position with the Force.

While I lock the door behind me, I cannot help but think that this is the witchling's fault. She spoiled my morning. She made my daughter cry. She is the weapon that cuts us apart.

“Demons do not operate save through trickery,” I mumble into my veil. My mind is solemnly fixed on quotes from the 'Witch Hammer' that my grandfather made me learn by heart.The deeds of witches are such that they cannot be done without the help of demons.”

Grimly, I hurry through the city, which is almost empty in the grey hours before dawn.

(To be continued!)

DarthUncle likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Aurora Kyrene sounds stunning! Sweet gifts for the twins and yay on a visit from Agathos. :) Grianan! I love getting this early on glimpse of her. ;) [:D]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    demons, yes, he might want to look at tricking his kid into submission; no doubt well meant, but hum.

good though to see him with the kids, there seems to be quite a dark cloud hanging somewhere, he should be spending time with loved ones.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    I've actually watched people NOT become softer around children.
    If I hadn't read anything else from this, I'd expect Lucien to be the same.
    But he has a heart for them. It's a redeeming quality for him.

When the third birthday of the twins nears, I take Éibhear to the market place. The boy wants to buy his own presents for the twins using his weekly allowance

HE'S SO CUTE AND SUCH A GOOD BROTHER.

As far as I understand, it was his twin sister Grianán who saved his life. That act of necromancy might have been committed in absolute innocence, but I swore to myself to keep track of the activities of the little princess.

It's just really surprising that he hasn't gone all RAWWWRRRR TEH NECROMANCY AND WITCH AND HATREEEDDDDD on her.

They are here. They are all here.

You deserve the disconcertment, jerk.

“Demons do not operate save through trickery,”

That, at least, is true.

“The deeds of witches are such that they cannot be done without the help of demons.”

That, however, is not.
    Jerk

AzureAngel2 likes this.