main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

The Shadow Emperor and Life like this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  3. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh please, as if Musou has ever been concerned with that.

4. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    As if Nintendo have ever been concerned with that...

Well, they have, to be fair, but they've been pretty behind with online for a long time.

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's true (and ironic given how every Nintendo console has come with built-in online capability or online expansion ports), though in this case we're talking about local multiplayer which is an area they've always been very aggressive at with innovating.

6. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Using multiple gamepads for local is actually a pretty good idea, don't get me wrong. My objection is strictly that it's arch-heresy. Purge the false Musou!

Life likes this.
  7. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    It's definitely Cia. There's a lot of clothing similarities, like the blue jewels on their upper legs, but the biggest giveaway is the hair.

[​IMG]

It's the same style, only differently colored.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Where is Cia from? Skyward Sword?

I should clarify that HW is not supporting multiple GamePads but rather has the GP player use it's entire screen while Player 2 uses the entire TV screen, thus avoiding split screen.

9. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
  10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, that would explain why I couldn't guess it was her ;).

Life and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  11. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Of course, that means the question now is why the antagonist is on the cover like that- so far theories range from its before she went evil, she turns good again, a relative, she's faking being good (before it turns out Ganon is behind it all again, as usual), etc. But still makes for a really nice cover.

Funny having her as the spellcaster on the cover (with the spellbook), while Zelda has a sword (though its not technically the first time we've seen a Zelda with a sword), but the image works.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Of course I'm probably the only one pulling for a Zelda DLC skin that puts her into her animated series garb...

13. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The rumors that I heard is that Cia is good at heart and tasked with maintaining the balance of the Triforce. She becomes jealous when she sees Link and Zelda together and flips out. If I had to guess, I bet she may also be under the influence of Ganon and possibly brainwashed.

What I want to know is what the heck "maintaining the balance of the Triforce" means.
    Is it possible that Cia is a reincarnated form of Hylia who protected the Triforce before the events of in Skyward Sword?

14. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Um, I haven't finished Skyward Sword yet (got about 2/3, maybe 3/4 of the way through, but got stuck at that stupid stealth section, then lost interest and was distracted or busy with other stuff since), so I'm not entirely familiar with the story, but-

Isn't Zelda the reincarnation of the goddess Hylia? With the Links of the series being the reincarnation of the first Hero, as seen in that Skyward Sword prequel manga? Unless there's some other lategame plot twist, but I've been trying to avoid too many detailed spoilers until I finally finish that game.

Balance of the Triforce is kind of vague sounding, and most times we rarely see that many Triforce guardians, or at least effective guardians, at least post-Ganondorf since he and his Triforce of Power sure seem out of balance with everybody. Wisdom is typically with Zelda and Courage sometimes has plenty of safeguards (not to mention the Master Sword), but most timelines usually have Ganon with the Triforce.

I've read that that's possibly the backstory of the game, perhaps, but we'll see if Cia is just a victim or sub-boss to Ganon. Though Impa already represents Skyward Sword (probably being the most martial version of Impa yet, though not entirely sure).

Hm, as that girl was probably created for this crossover (think its called the Original Generation trope?) wonder if we'll have a male OG playable character too. Though that's already four girls confirmed for playable (Zelda, Midna, Impa and whoever that new girl is), compared to just Link confirmed I think? And probably Ganondorf too (probably not as a campaign, but probably still playable).

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Just randomly found this image answering one of OOT's biggest mysteries. [face_laugh]

[​IMG]

Life, Rew, Corellian_Outrider and 3 others like this.
  16. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Random semi off the current topic. Does anyone have the links for downloading the LoZ orchestra music? I remember it from about a year or so ago. You could buy the special edition set or just buy a digital copy of the music. I haven't been able to find it with a Google search.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Are you talking about the anniversary CD that came with SS/is performed in the Symphony of the Goddesses? Or the fan-funded Twilight Symphony?

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I have the cd that came with SS so the fan one I suppose.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I have the legal link in my email, since I paid full price way back when. PM me if you're still interested, Jedi_Dajuan.

21. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    For the Twlight Symphony, they did release it to the wild and the team moved on to other projects. They did a news post before they stopped updating their site saying that Zelda Universe has permission to host it.

EDIT: And here is their YT Channel, they are adding each track with video to accompany it.

22. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
  23. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    OMG Agitha!? That's certainly an inspired choice. The Power of Bugs, I guess. XD

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's a fun choice- now I can quote Nic Cage whenever I attack- "Bees!"

And the white witch/evil witch sisters thing may explain the cover art question as well.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So, it looks like we're starting to get character trailers in advance of the Japanese release.

Impa:

Zelda:

Also, this is the first I've heard about a collector's set/Treasure Box set. I want that Triforce clock.

TiniTinyTony likes this.