main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST JediNews: Filming To Be Significantly Delayed By Ford Injury

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by rezpen, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    [​IMG]

'I'm retired. It's not my problem.'

2. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Well to be honest, there's no way the crew can possibly know when they can resume filming Harrison's scenes. They can't come right out and say they'll be ready in 6 weeks or 6 months or 6 years. No doctor can know for sure how long it will take before he can move around normally. 6 months is being safe from a medical standpoint. Ford may disagree but he has no idea what his leg will do the minute he films a scene-even if it means barely walking around.

Dak Oolron and Darth PJ like this.
  3. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005

Good point. It seems to me that he needs to heal to the point where he is not limping, unless this is written into the story. Mark's injury had to be written into empire, but we're talking about something different here. Ford certainly does not want to exacerbate the problem.

Dak Oolron, hlc88 and DarthSpaced like this.
  4. DarthSpaced

DarthSpaced Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 27, 2012
    Right on Darthgator, you nailed the solution. It would be perfectly explainable that a 70ish Han Solo has a limp. Greedo came back from the dead and finally got off the first shot, still a bad shot but...:p That would work, no problem and all it would take is to add a line to Han's descriptin on script:

Han Solo, eerily looks like Harrison Ford, but with a limp, Action!:D

5. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Having both Han and Chewie limp around the Falcon would be the most depressing Christmas ever.

Dak Oolron and Darth PJ like this.
  6. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Smells like jedinews is making a call on what is likely inevitable and calling it a "scoop". I mean, how easy would it be to say "Our sources say that they may have to delay filming the guy who just broke his leg." and call it a scoop?

Jedinews is lame lol.

7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    And a claim will already be filed ;)

DARTH_MUPPET likes this.
  8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yes, I was thinking that. Chances are, such a meeting was always going to take place. It was common knowledge to anyone with half a brain. Or at least should have been. I don't think anyone thought, taking Ford's injury into account, it would be plain sailing.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  9. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Wait JediSQL(Jedi News susposely rumor guy) is back? I thought he went into hiding after his Solo rumor failed him? [face_laugh]

Claire1976 and DARTH_MUPPET like this.
  10. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    As much as I was a cheerleader for "that particular actress" to get a role in the film, I'm now glad it didn't happen... and it was likely something that SQL pulled out of his...

Seriously though, did any of his "scoops" pan out? I can't think of a single one that did.

Claire1976, Momotaros and Mange like this.
  11. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014

Presumably they'll be able to shift the post schedule to work best around the delays in shooting no? They'll already be at work on a fair bit of the digital work and anything that's in the can won't they?

I think SQL knew some Pinewood stuff and may have heard a few things. Things not panning out is kind of hard to judge, because there may be some truth to various rumours even if certain avenues never came to fruition, if that makes sense? But I don't think he's hugely accurate.

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    [​IMG]

Immortiss, TK327 and Krueger like this.
  13. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

"Our sources are deep enough into the upper production circle that we can tell you that from word coming out of private meetings that there will be a delay. However, we are still unable to ascertain as to what characters that Boyega, Gleeson, Isaac and Ridley are playing in this movie."

jaqen and DARTH_MUPPET like this.
  14. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    And on that note....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.