main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher's Daughter & Maisie Richardson-Sellers in EP VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Dent, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The publisist mentioned them all together and didn't mention Lupita or Gwendoline which makes me think all four actresses are probably filming together. Obviously Daisy is Leia's daughter, Billie is most likely just a cameo with her mother and I'd bet Maisie has a small role as an assistant or handmaiden or something along those lines. Which is why she wasn't a part of an official announcement because her role doesn't require it.

2. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

It could still turn out that Maisie is an undercover spy/assasin.

3. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    No SW movie has ever been made with just a dozen actors. We've already got our main cast but there will be plenty of supporting roles.:)

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Maisie an assassin? JJ wouldn't go that far with the mystery box, would he? :p

5. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Well, he is JJ :D Or maybe she will remain hidden till Ep VIII

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  6. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Yes, because all the other Star Wars films featured such small casts. They were practically Tennessee Williams plays.

Revanfan1 and D'an like this.
  7. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    [​IMG]

Revanfan1, DARTH_MUPPET and jaqen like this.
  8. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Too late for that if she was supposed to be kept a secret. Then again why should her presence be a big deal anyway unless she had a substantial role?

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  9. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Most likely they are cameos or at very best supporting roles

10. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Maybe the problem is every time someone is announced fans tend to want to speculate that those people have sizable roles.

Look it is unlikely that anyone announced so far is playing some throw-away role like those Imperial officers who were force-choked by Vader. I mean could you imagine, if the social media was the same in 1979, 20th Century Fox making big announcements regarding the casting of General Veers or Lando's Aide? I can't . Which makes me think the people announced for VII all have something meaty to do even if their roles are small. And that means that the real small roles, the modern day versions of Veers and Lando's Aide, are being cast without any fanfare. Which means, yes, this looks to be a larger cast than normal for a SW film.

mcgo likes this.
  11. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    Not sure about Maisie honestly. She's been rumored for awhile.

12. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    If true, the cast count is now.............17

Good Lourde (I mean Lord) that's a LOT!!!

13. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah but if she was playing an important *or at least major supporting* then she would have gotten her own press release rather than just brushed aside and only confirmed via tweet that not many big websites even covered.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  14. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    True. I just find it strange that somebody was hanging out at the studio for the best couple of months. For whatever reason. Plus they never did say they were done announcing cast members

15. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    There are a lot of assumptions in that approach and perhaps a lack of understanding about how film works.

There are dozens of roles in a film of this magnitude, ranging widely in scope, and Star Wars is still the kind of property that actors of note are willing to take minor roles in. We're talking that Samuel L. Jackson was once so hungry to be in a SW film that he'd have been willing to take a "General Veers" type of role.

Go take a look at the cast list for The Phantom Menace. Now count how many roles in that film involved more than a "Lando's Aide" level of involvement but less than "Anakin Skywalker". Line that up with the known cast list we have for VII and tell me that VII has a "larger cast than normal for a SW film".

16. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Yes. Yes it should.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.