main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode 7 and SWTOR

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheBBP, Jun 23, 2014.

1. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I was listening to a podcast for info on guild ships and this info popped up. I am honestly surprised that this is the first that I have heard of it...

http://ootinicast.com/ Episode 147

At the 00:39:15 mark they start a very short conversation that someone had at one of the SWTOR community cantina events with a developer. Supposedly they are working on a secret project where something will be placed in game that will be referenced in Episode 7. Nobody is sure if this is an item, an NPC or a story arc, but there will be something that will tie into Episode 7. If this is anywhere near true, could it allude to an "Ancient Fear"? ((not saying that is the title))

It was interesting to hear.

2. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    It could be a planet.

3. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    I actually remember reading that something relating to the main villain was going to be planted in the game as well as a planet....I really wish I could find the article but it was a couple of weeks ago now...

4. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Are sure it will be some lore stuff? Not a Vader armor that you can buy from the cartell market but actual lore-frendly canon stuff? That would be cool.

5. robo_obi

Mar 15, 2002
    I can't remember the exact wording but in the article that I can't find I'm pretty sure it said they were working with the story group to get everything consistent....

But again I can't find the article...so take everything I'm saying with a lump of salt....

The article was posted on n4g.com during e3 week I think....I'll continue to look for it...

Edit: ah here it is...

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2014/06/rumor-on-the-future-of-swtor.html

Here's the bit in question: (seems I imagined the story group mention...lol)

Wookieepedia article for Lord Vitiate: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Emperor

Kinda fits the 'ancient fear' business...

Darkslayer and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  6. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    I can believe it

7. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    Sounds good. So what would be the certain planet? Tatooine, Hoth, Coruscant, Alderaan..all part of SWTOR. So what wil be added? Yavin IV?

8. robo_obi

Mar 15, 2002
    moraband (korriban) would make the most sense I think, given the whole ancient sith thing...

perhaps this Vitiate guy is who max von sydow is playing? he would presumably be in some sort of spirit form, so it would likely be more of a voice role...plagueis never seemed ancient enough...but this guy was born 5000 years before the OT...thats fairly ancient...

he also has a history of possessing people...so perhaps (pure speculation) he possesses one of the younger cast (Driver would be my pick) at the end of 7....

9. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    So an easter egg in the game but to clarify its not something from SWTOR going into VII? I believe it. I mean why not? Many die hard movie fans might come back [to that substandard KotOR, and ok mmo (but not for me, tried it but dispised every facet of it unlike kotor I&II which I worshipped)] just hoping to find any clue possible. Plus who knows it could be something really trivial like the falcon's dice, lol. Its a good way to hype bigger fans and keep them distracted finding that easter egg then focusing on real news too...

I already know several who suspect the shadow storm trooper (from Crimson Empire) will be in VII since its going to be an exclusive comicon doll and is in two app games atm too (force collection and tiny death star). Plus since them we got those rumors of 'imperials' in black and chrome, not to mention the gwendoline is a trooper rumor...

10. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

No, I mean the way I understand it, an Ep VII planet will be added to SWTOR.

11. robo_obi

Mar 15, 2002
    Oh yeah, cos Korriban is already in the Old Republic...

So going off this list: http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Planets

I would say yavin IV is a possibility....but we also have to consider that it could be an entirely new planet as well...

I've always wanted to see corellia on screen...but I don't think it would fit as a significant planet in 7...

12. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Well Corellia is ALSO in SWTOR :D

13. robo_obi

Mar 15, 2002
    Oh yeah....lol...I should read my own links better...

14. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

No prob. :D Truth to be told SWTOR has a very good planet list. Hopefully JJ took some cues.

15. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    But TOR isn't canon. It's like canon cross-contamination to add EP 7 stuff. Korriban was already turned into Moraband.

my kind of scum and El_Machete12 like this.
  16. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    Don't know if this is true....but it would be really cool and marketing brilliance to stick something from the real EpVII into a video game in advance of the movie. The game would make like a trillion dollars. [face_dancing]

17. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Well I think the really problematic stuff is the post ROTJ canon. I'd think a 3000 year old story is harmless. And of course when Korriban was turned into Moraband it was stated that "Moraband" changed names a lot over history.

18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Sounds like a load of wishful thinking from a SWTOR fan. The rest of the rumor is full of outlandish speculation, such as the player's Sith Inquisitor claiming the title of Sith Emperor.

19. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Well, reading the Wookieepedia link I would think Nathema might be a possibility.

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  20. Dent

Dent Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2014
    SWTOR has been deemed non-canon. A SWTO dev confirmed that at one of the "Cantina Tours". It'll still be around for awhile though, so I wouldn't count out some sort of allusion to Episode VII or some minuscule tie-in.

21. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    These storys are have so much going on in them, i have a hard time thinking they are going to waste film time trying to explain who these ancient sith lords are especially as the emperor or vader never knew about them for all appearances.

Whoever the new villian is, whether he be sith or not, I think an ancient sith lord would be difficult for people - especially casual filmgoers - to understand. These guys have basically their own trilogies to just describe how "sithy" they are in comparison to the last sith. The jedi held the peace for thousands of years, the remergence of the sith was a small but powerful incident that scarred the galaxy and especially painful for the family of the skywalker name and the responsibility that came with it. Having a sith hanging out this whole time watching the past events is just bantha fodder....imo.

22. Dent

Dent Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2014

The only plausible "ancient" Sith lords in my opinion would be Darth Bane or Darth Plagueis. Both of them have been introduced somewhat in the canon. And even with one of those is the main baddie, I doubt we'd even see them until the end of Episode VII. You have to establish backstory and lore first just to get them credible to casual filmgoers.

23. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Well, maybe saying: Every EU stuff is non-canon but SWTOR would spoil a few things. There is literally no reason to throw out SWTOR and the two Kotors out of canon.

24. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    Wouldn't surprise me if "elevating" the game to canon simply meant changing the name of Korriban to Moriband, and "linking" the game to episode 7 will be as small as someone saying "Moriband" in the movie; but buy those cartel packs!!!!!!

25. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    There is one really good reason for Disney to throw out TOR along with the rest of the EU: So they can retell the stories in their own canon without preconceived notions and make all of that money again.

The Old Republic is Legends continuity along with the rest of the existing EU. (Trust me, I understand wanting some of it to remain canon, but it's a lost cause.)