main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST So what will the intro sequence with the logos look like?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jonipoon, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    This has been a hot debate for a long time so I think it deserves its own thread.

A lot of people have been making videos on YouTube about how they "think" the intro sequences with the logos could like. With the absence of 20th Century Fox, alot of fans have been whining about how the intro of Episode VII just wouldn't feel enough Star Wars without that classic fanfare. Some going as far as saying that the mere sight of the Disney castle in the beginning would make them vomit.

Here is one of the most famous fanmade examples, and actually most of them look similar to this:

What do you think it will look like?

Personally, I don't think Disney will show the castle sequence in the beginning. I think they will try to make something new and original that could make up for the absent 20th century fox fanfare. IF they are going to include the castle sequence in some way, my bet is that they'll show it in the end after the credits.

Just like Disney did with the Marvel movies, I think they will try to keep the Disney brand away from the screen as much as possible in the beginning. The Lucasfilm logos will definitely be there though, and another question being raised is the possibily of JJ Abrams own Bad Robot being included aswell.

2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    where's bad robot?

Death_Jar_Jar likes this.
  3. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    That video kinda has it back to front, because the Fox logo always came first followed by the LFL logo. Personally, I think they might actually come up with an alternate version of the castle/disney title, playing more on the use of stars in the background and space with a lightly altered musical cue, then fade to the LFL logo then.... boom.

People think not having the fox logo will make it feel weird. But once you get to that 'a long time ago' title card and the few seconds of silence that accompany it, with the anticipation of the brassy fanfare, you'll be right back in that galaxy.

4. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    That sounds really cheesy, like a kid's movie. While we're still at it, why not make the Disney castle look a bit like Jabba's palace on Tatooine?

SgtTimBob likes this.
  5. SgtTimBob

Jun 5, 2014
    Haha. Not quite what I was thinking of. I guess I was thinking about the way they changed the WB logo for the Harry Potter films.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  6. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    Yes, I know, but when they did the Harry Potter movies it was the first time they did Harry Potter movies. Episode VII is not going to be the first Star Wars film ever made. :)

Still, I kind of like the idea of a Disney/Jabba castle more and more. Here's my idea:

[​IMG]

RobShanti, thejeditraitor and Seeher like this.
  7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Princess Jabba.

8. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    There will be no Disney logo just as there isn't on Marvel movies.

It'll be the Lucasfilm logo then Bad Robot with some music overtop either new from John Williams or some Star Wars theme like the Force theme then the usual open.

Apophis_, Dent, Artoo-Dion and 2 others like this.
  9. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    Why is everyone so sure that Bad Robot will be in the opening? If Disney isn't in the opening, I doubt Bad Robot will.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The Disney Logo should be over a castle in space, and all of its denizens will proceed to float out, scream, and suffocate.

Skellybobs likes this.
  11. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

It is not out of the realm of possibilities...

[​IMG]

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  12. SgtTimBob

Jun 5, 2014
    The bad robot logo would be weird. Because as far as we know JJ is only working on Ep VII. That means there'd be one film with the BR logo attached.

Ditolus likes this.
  13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That was such a weird character.

14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    You mean Flamboyant the Hutt? He sounded like Cartman.

TheManFromMortis and EHT like this.
  15. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Whatever they do before the LFL logo, they should end with the LFL logo fading to black before the blue "A long time ago" card. They should try to keep all 9 films as consistent as possible

Apophis_, Digladio and Dewback like this.
  16. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    IMO, it'll just be Bad Robot then LFL.

Apophis_, Death_Jar_Jar and Dewback like this.
  17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    It'll be ALL OF THE LOGOS.

18. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Really don't think we will see the Disney castle at all. They don't use it for Marvel, and I don't see it being used here. We might get a Bad Robot, possibly with Artoo replacing their usual red robot, but that will come after the end credits, not at the beginning.

19. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Where's the THX sequence???? (jk)
    I don't think we will see the castle or any kind of Disney logo. There might be a Bad Robot logo but it's more likely it will just be Lucasfilm (possibly a new version).

20. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Actually I could see them using a version of the Disney castle that was made to be reminiscent of what we saw of Alderaan in RoTS.

21. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    I think they should just have the Lucasfilm logo beforehand and leave the Disney and Bad Robot logos for after the credits.

On another note, I'm kinda hoping the Bad Robot mascot is an easter egg in this movie. Perhaps in a junkyard or something.

22. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Well Disney isn't in the open of Marvel movies so why would it be in the front of Star Wars?

Bad Robot will be just as they are in front of the Star Trek movies. It's JJ's company that is making the film for Lucasfilm in essence whereas before Lucasfilm was independant for the PT. The Fox logo was put first more for symetry than anything else.

23. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    I really hope we don't see any Star Wars variation of the Disney castle. It's gimmicky and the opening titles should be as simple and classy as possible.

24. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    this video sucks. first of all the 20th century fox studio logo/music came first, then you get the lucasfilm logo. secondly the marvel films do not start with the disney logo and when you wish upon a star music.

25. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Marvel was its own studio that had distribution help from Paramount. Disney has chosen to not include their logo because of that. But I'm very certain we'll see the Disney logo and then the LucasFilm logo. As to Bad Robot logo, it is possible that it would be seen, but it could be regulated to the end of the end credits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.