main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC A Tide of Discussion: the d20 ToF OOC thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Saintheart, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000

JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE RUNNING THE PLACE GIVES YOU NO EXCUSE TO NOT POST

:p :p :p

2. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Mtth, you might want to take a look at Domain Spontaneity from the PHBII. It lets you replace your normal spontaneous casting of cure spells with the ability to spontaneously cast spells from a domain. In your case, spontaneously casting from the Healing domain means that you don't get to spontaneously cast mass cure moderate wounds, but instead get to spontaneously cast heal, which is great for fixing problems.

Anyways, since I don't want to waste any of this money, investing in some scrolls, potions and other magic items might be a good idea. Buying some belts of battle from the MIC is a good idea for the casters and any of the people who don't charge (even then, it's not a bad idea). More actions in one span of time is the key to blowing things up. Also improving AC and saves via enhancements is not a bad idea either.

3. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    *scratches head* Soooooo....

Basically I can spontaneously cast any of the Healing Domain spells instead of just Cure or Inflict. Doing so, I lose the ability to spontaneously cast other spells that are not in the Healing Domain. I'll still able to cast Cure and Inflict in addition to things like Heal and Regenerate. Right?

As for MIC stuff, I had looked into a few items that might be useful. Let me find those items again and list them for everyone to pick through. How much gold do we have after I use up my share to get the angel suit?

EDIT: I HAVE ACCESS TO A SPELL THAT WILL SAVE THE DAY!!! MUAHAHAHAHA!

4. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ariel: Angel suit?!!?!?? **hopes**

OOOH... REALLY!?!? :D

5. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    Right. As-is, you can spontaneously convert any spell you have prepared to a Cure spell of that level (or lower, I suppose). You can still prepare whatever you can normally prepare. Domain Spontaneity: Healing lets you spontaneously convert any spell you have to a spell of the same level from the Healing domain. This means that you from converting your spells of a particular level to cure spells:
    Spontaneous Cure:
    1: CLW
    2: CMW
    3: CSW
    4: CCW
    5: MCLW
    6: MCMW
    7: MCSW
    8: MCCW
    9: Nada

To converting your spells of a particular level to Healing spells
    Spontaneous Healing:
    1: CLW
    2: CMW
    3: CSW
    4: CCW
    5: MCLW
    6: Heal
    7: Regenerate
    8: MCCW
    9: Mass Heal

So whereas normally you can sacrifice a 6th level spell to spontaneously cast Mass Cure Moderate Wounds, now you can sacrifice a 6th level spell to spontaneously cast Heal.

6. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    As for buying stuff, just put up the requests and we'll worry about the numbers later. :)

7. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Sooooooo...anyone?

8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I haven't got anything for the metagame. I am attempting to post, life keeps getting in the way. [face_beatup]

Saintheart likes this.
  9. cassie5squared

cassie5squared Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 8, 2010
    Sorry, Saint - I do keep trying to get a spell list together, but my mind blanks every time I look at it. :(

Saintheart likes this.
  10. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    What spells will Skadi take?

11. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Well, assuming Light doesn't have any modifications, I'd go with something similar to those she was sporting in the battle--

(8/7/7/6/4/3)
    0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Mending Read Magic, Resistance
    1: Entropic Shield, Ebon Eyes (2), Lesser Vigor, Protection From Evil, Resurgence (2), Shield of Faith*
    2: Bull's Strength (2), Close Wounds (2), Divine Protection, Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon*
    3: Blindsight, Dispel Magic (2), Girallon's Blessing, Magic Vestment*, Mass Conviction, Mass Resist Energy
    4: Air Walk (2), Death Ward, Divine Power*, Freedom of Movement, Mass Shield of Faith,
    5: Flame Strike*, Righteous Might, Surge of Fortune (CC), True Seeing
    6: Blade Barrier*, Greater Dispel Magic, Banishment

12. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    Greater Dispel Magic is a complete waste of a spell slot, since you're paying 3 spell levels for a +1 to a check. It's a great spell, just not at CL 11. Anyways, I'd recommend that between Zanaek and Skadi they load up on enough Mass Resist Energy that between them and APs they can cover the party in four or five resistances. I think Heroes' Feast would be good to cast before we leave, possibly via scroll. Superior Resistance and maybe Spiritual Guardian might be interesting.

13. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    So: anybody else?

14. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Check the PM thread, guys...

15. guitar_hero

guitar_hero Jedi Knight star 1

May 3, 2008
    I've been keeping up with the thread on and off since leaving the game, and I just wanted to say that it's incredible that you guys are keeping going after all this time, and even more incredible that the quality of the RPing and DMing has remained so high the whole time. Kudos to Saint, Mitth, Livi and Ktala especially, who've stuck with it from the beginning when so many of the rest of us have fallen by the wayside.

Poor old Alessandro.

16. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Hey, guitar, good to see you back man! :D Don't worry, Alessandro's just a little bit out of his mind right now. :p

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    So was a consensus ever reached on how to proceed? It seemed like there was a reasonable majority in favor of fighting in the PM, or so I thought.

18. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    I think Light was off to do some number crunching; he's likely as busy as the rest of us, and it's no small thing to have to head out on a shopping spree with 100,000+ gold in your pocket and eight people to buy for at level 11. If you guys are okay we might leave it one more week and then I'll start moving forward...?

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Works for me. I'm just getting all antsy and playing a bunch of Infinity Engine games during summer break is not helping. :p

20. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Baldur's Gate'll do that to ya :p

21. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    We're back.

Spells can be considered memorised as proposed (Skadi subbing out Greater Dispel Magic for something I'll come up with in a minute). If you want to buff up you can either consider all your good stuff cast prior to William's teleport or you can start casting here - up to you at this point.

22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    YAY!!!

23. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    As it turns out, spending 15k apiece is annoying, so I just settled for upgrading gear and trying to fill out armor slots. People who already had healing belts counted as slotless since you can always put on the healing belt after battle when you need it to heal up.

Corrath: Armor and Vest of Resistance at +3 each, Belt of Battle
    Ariel: Cloak and armor at +2 each, Dex gloves at +6
    Skadi: Armor to +4, Shield to +3, Cloak to +3, Armbands of Might
    Zanaek: Already covered by Mtth
    Evelios: Belt of Battle, Boots of Levitation, Crimson Dragonhide Bracers
    Ragnar: Upgrade Boots of Striding and Springing to Sandals of the Light Step and add Steadfast Boots effect, Ring of Entropic Deflection, Armor and Cloak to +3
    Maz: Armor and Vest to +3, Crimson Dragonhide Bracers
    William: Belt of Battle, Boots of Big Stepping, Cloak to +3

24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    If you don't do as I wish, I'll become angry and use my magic.
    [​IMG]

Saintheart likes this.
  25. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    Yeah, I'm still thinking about that one. Basically, his feet slot is open and he needs some sort of "get out of dodge" button, though maybe those teleportation boots that Corrath has might also work.