main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Would Ahsoka have been made a Knight if she came back?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Vialco, Jun 26, 2014.

1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    the jedi were worth keeping and saving but the story line dictates the fall of the order so it has to happen. i don't think they were corrupt per say but the jedi order made mistakes. some of these mistakes led to their downfall. ahsoka's story shows us some of these mistakes. it also shows us that people can and do leave the order.

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Vorax:
    Nice way to dismiss those with other views - people do understand the characters and come to different conclusions. Don't be so dismissive, please...won't say anymore as it has been requested we not respond to such posts and stay on topic...

Ahsoka getting knighted: hmm, I could see under Filoni that happening, unless he decided to have the mean old Council decide maybe they were a bit premature in offering her knighthood so young. That would probably irritate the heck out of Anakin as he probably believed they were offering her knighthood and for them to go back on that would drive another wedge between them.

It is possible that the entire experience could be considered her trial of spirit, but considering she ran rather than facing the music/defending herself, personally, I think it falls short of being one of the knighthood trials.

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I would agree that they made some mistakes, but I'm not sure their mistakes were really the ultimate cause of their downfall. That seems to be mostly Palpatine contriving situations in which they were basically screwed no matter what they did.

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    She thought Anakin was rescuing her(and maybe had some pull with the Clones to look the other way) thats why initially as simply the key card was left on the other side of the ray shields. Ahsoka did suspect she was being set up for sure once Tarkin had that creepy cell chat with her with his fingers touching her lips and "curious about no audio" on the cell footage- , so there was good reason to believe the military were behind it the back of her mind as well. Anakin was not allowed to enter the prison to visit her, she was taken prisoner without trial and never even read of any of her rights . Am sure with her Jedi training she could've wiped them all out, she did not and allowed herself to remain a prisoner which was never taken into consideration by anyone including especially the Jedi. Her being arrested and denied even legal defense does not speak in defense of the Jedi or Republic law. The Jedi allowed her to be a military prisoner and did not offer much in aid to her except aid in having captured and would be turned over to the military again and it was not just Bletta she was accused of killing but all the hanger personnel in the Jedi hanger . She was expendable as they did not want to further damage their own relations between the Military, Republic and Civilians , she was PR expendable to the council is what it boils down to and they never bothered to care whether she was innocent, just have her back in military custody. They were hesitant to even allow Skywalker to help in capturing her because of doubt and fear that he was "'too emotionally attached" unless he first proved to them he was not - and Anakin figured something like this and had some capture battalion already in pursuit or alerted.

She was never formally charged to begin they just placed her under arrest, all they had was suspicion cause she was a Jedi and no evidence . They held captive and denied visitors, and what was she supposed to do anyway, if some prisoner next door was killed and not safe she was a sitting duck there waiting around. When she came across the wounded troopers in down the hall, and just a second after picking up her weapons Commander Fox opened the door and sounded the alarm. Sure she shoud've went back to remain in the cell and wait or got on her knees to surrender but alas the writers told her not . But in reality who is to say once the reinforcement troopers arrived that they would not of just shot her on spot as again there is no legal defense ever present and the Clone Troopers are not the good guys(the Shock Trooper are even of more villainous as they're Palpatine's personal troopers), they're programmed by Sith and evil military commanders like Tarkin are in charge of them. In fact soon as the Trooper saw the downed men, they already were blasting on kill first ask questions later. In fact she was being chase guided down one corridor which had the dead troopers and fox was already hot on her tail and firing lethal blasts at her. besides, whoever killed Bletta and orchestrated the staged prison break is still in the prison, she's not safe there obviously.

The Jedi and Republic forces were basically like a posse out for a lynching they didnt really care about the truth which was already too far doctored against her and top level conspiracy , she could only rely on her trusting and believing in herself and thus her own courage to finding the true culprits even if it meant defying the Jedi Order to do so - who were of basically no help and not friends. She was betrayed by her own Order that she was sworn to protect and they her. They failed her not her them which was the point of the toons and why she walked away.

Rex comes off strange as well:

Commander Fox:

"If you see the target, shoot to kill."

Captain Rex:

Belay that order, Commander Fox."

Commander Fox:

"She's killed troopers."

Captain Rex:

I know Commander Tano.
    She would never do something like this. "

Then Rex changes his tune a few moments later and alters what Skywalker just said:

General Skywalker:

"Keep searching until we find her.
    Rex, call security.
    Tell them we need to search the entire base.
    Now! "

Commander Rex:

General Skywalker has just issued an all-points bulletin on Commander Ahsoka Tano.

"She's killed three clones and should be considered armed and dangerous."

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I love how Rex tells Fox, technically his superior, to belay that order. The dude is just that awesome. :cool:

gracesonnet likes this.
  6. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah, what else to do with the Jedi who is wiser than Master Yoda and more powerful than Master Windu? ;)

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Remember people, the topic is whether or not Ahsoka would have been knighted if she decided to stay with the Jedi. Thread title couldn't be clearer. Let's try to avoid going off in tangents.

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    You could have just used the knob.

11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I thought Anakin said that? I'll have to see it again. I've only watched it once after the original airdate (when I viewed the blu ray when it first came out).

Either way, yeah Rex has some big... uh, has a big heart.

Dark Lord Tarkas and Revanfan1 like this.
  12. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Well, the Jedi Order was virtually wiped out a few months later, so I don't think it matters.

13. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    It kinda matters because of the idea that in leaving the order when she did, Ahsoka dodged a big ole bullet with "Order 66" written on it.

If she'd come back and been knighted, she'd have still been in when that came down the pike. If she was away somewhere separate from Anakin she'd likely have been a goner, gunned down by her own men like most of the Jedi were. If she'd been with Anakin who knows what would happen. She might end up being attacked and killed by Anakin / Vader. She might end up turning to the Dark Side with him. Palpatine might fail in turning Anakin on her account. Hell, there's a countless number of unforseeable, unknowable things that might have played out differently... Like a butterfly in Asia, flapping its wings and setting in motion a building chain of events that results in a hurricane slamming the US gulf coast.

Vader'sGoodHand and Iron_lord like this.
  14. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    When she left, Ahsoka was at the rank of Jedi Knight

15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Strictly, she was still a Padawan - but she'd started going on her first unsupervised missions - like chaperoning the Jedi younglings for their trip to Ilum and back.

16. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    If TCW S5 Ahsoka faced TPM Obi-Wan in a duel to the death who do you think would win?

If S5 Ahsoka replaced Obi-Wan in TPM, could she achieve everything that Obi-Wan did? How would Qui-Gon and Ahsoka vs Darth Maul have ended? When Obi-Wan saw Qui-Gon die, and got amped up with anger, and exploded out of that corridor and took on Maul in a frenzied battle, chopping his saberstaff in half and seriously looking threatening (before Maul force-shoved him into the pit, only to end up losing through arrogance). Could Ahsoka have matched that?

Maybe she could, but I find it kinda hard to imagine. And Obi-Wan was still quite clearly a Padawan at that point.

IMHO Ahsoka still had a way to go before she was truly Knight-level. Another 2 - 3 years at least.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, thanks TCW, I was turned off from watching that arc for awhile. I did end up liking it better than I expected but that premise was a turnoff.

Remember when sending a Padawan on his first unsupervised mission was a big deal? Like, oh, I dunno, in AOTC?

Mzukiller likes this.
  18. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Anakin and Ahsoka's first alone-type missions were sort of the same. They were just watching over the people they were with.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Anakin was knighted though. That was my point.

20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Anakin was knighted a few months after that mission in AOTC.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The mission with Padme? Yes, that was a solo mission as a Padawan, and Obi-Wan and Yoda had a big discussion about it.

Whereas Ahsoka is sent on solo missions as a Padawan, younger than Anakin was, and nobody cares, it's no different from sending a knight on a solo mission.

22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    ah, forget it. Delete post.

23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    It is widely noted that, during the Clone Wars, the Jedi threw all protocols and centuries of rules/procedures out the window; the Council's "end justifies the means" approach meant Padwan's were expected to take on a lot more responsibilities. If there was no extraordinary events taking place, Ahsoka would've been prohibited from leaving the Jedi Temple without Anakin.

Iron_lord likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I can believe that, but you know what would have really been helpful? If we at least occasionally saw a Padawan other than Ahsoka in the show. I've thought about this after Tarkas posted about her being the only student surrounded by teachers: why was she? Barriss Offee in season 2 was really the only time we saw another Padawan, and it seemed that Ahsoka got the leadership role in that arc although Barriss was supposedly older and had been a Padawan longer.

25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Oh I totally agree.
    Bizarrely, any other padawan or newly knighted Jedi was instantly killed off.