main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I think it would be mareve, most likely.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    There is a grammar section on Travis' sight ;)

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I have problem getting in right now

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    According to the grammar section for a noun like Marev you would add an -e at the end. So: Mareve or Marev'e

The -e is pronounced as ay. Either way. SO there you go. . .I think :D

5. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    What I like about English speakers making up foreing pronunciation is that they usually end up with the way Germans would say it. I have it easy. :p

Correct on mareve, too. If the noun ends on a vowel as 'se'.
    I might do translationsif asked. [face_thinking]
    (Depending on length and difficulty of the text.)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Gracias

Revanfan1 likes this.
  7. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I'm reading the "Clone Wars Volume 1" Omnibus and in Defense of Kamino, Lama Su mentions that the ARC Troopers were trained by Jango. Does anyone remember if that's Traviss canon?

8. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Yes, the 100 Alpha-class ARC Troopers were all trained by Jango directly.

9. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    OK. It didn't sound 100% familiar to me, and I like it when the comics align with the novels.
    Thank you!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  10. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    You're welcome. :)

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A Hard contact question: Do anybody know how long Etain have been on Qiilura in and how long she been on the run before meating Darman?​

12. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    hmmm. Not sure. It's been awhile since I have read it. Going to have to rectify that I suppose.

[​IMG]

13. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Zey refers to it as 'some'weeks. The briefing is set 3 months ABG and the scene where Etain hides is set between Dar losing his squad and Niner meeting Fi, so possibly right after Geonosis, give or take a few days.
    So I'd say anything between 4-12 weeks Etain has been hiding, no knowing how long she and Fulier had been there before. I'd assume weeks, maybe months. Hard to say with Fulier's impatience, but you need some time to aquire somthing like those plans.

TOo bad the novel doesn't have that neat xyz Days ABG dating yet. :(

Revanfan1, Gamiel and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Thanks, and now for follow up questions: Why was she and her master on Qiilura why they were scouting out the buildings? How did she not know about the whole Cole war and jedi officers thing? How long was she on Birhan's farm?

15. Mando-Man

Mando-Man Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2008
    I'd wager she and Master Fulier were on Qiilura before Geonosis and that's why she didn't know about anything. That's how I interpreted the book anyway.

16. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Yep, that's how I read it as well. Not sure why Jedi were alredy on and about spying, but the 'peace' wasn't a quite one. So maybe some information gathering ebfore the Sith hit the fan.
    They certainly were on a 'mission' as Etain wants to fulfil it to keep Fulier's sacrifice meaning something. And the way she talks about it, it does sound as if tehy had been specifically after those floor plans.
    Sounds like asking them on purpose to me...

Revanfan1 likes this.
  17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    That's more-or-less how I read it also but then I have to ask the question of why Qiilura of all places? What did that unimportant planet have that justified the presence of a jedi?

18. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    What did a planet as unimportant as Ansion have that justified Anakin, Obi-Wan, Barriss, and Luminara's presence? Just a border dispute, right? Surely if Etain and Fulier were there for floor plans for a separatist base it's more important than a border dispute. I don't think that mission itself was important, otherwise it would've been explained.

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I have not read the adventure with Ansion but the wook' make it sound like it was border dispute that could turn in to a large conflict. Qiilura had no conflict and is rather open with its injustice, what was there that needed a jedi?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Who knows? It is a little annoying that we don't know, but like I said, if it were important to the story it would've been explained, I'm sure.

Gamiel likes this.
  21. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Why Qiilura?
    Because that was where the Separatists held Uthan. Ask them 'why Qiilura?'. :p
    In the mission briefing Zey explicitly says Uthan is the man target and finding the Jedi is an extra. So I'd guess she was the reason Fulier was sent to get some intel as well.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If Fulier and Etain arrived on Qiilura before the First Battle of Geonosis, Uthan was not there when they arrived, the nanovirus was not even on the drawing table back then.

23. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    So?
    Spying out suspicious Seperatist action on a remote planet would be enough reason to send Jedi anywhere. *coughs*

Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What do you mean with the coughs?

25. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    That SW reasoning isn't always as sound as common sense would like. ^.^'