main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars and 2014 SDCC-Will there be a major presence?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by jedijax, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    On the front page there's a link to a map and Lucasfilm has a HUGE area reserved (looks even bigger than Marvel or DC).

Will there be anything major? Title maybe? Anyone there like Kennedy or cast members?

What was the situation last year? I didn't really pay attention. There wasn't anything announced but did they have a presence there?

2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Knowing our luck.... We'll get nothing but maybe a brief mention that they are still filming but it's too early to reveal anything.

PrincessKenobi and Dewback like this.
  3. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    Might as well start the Star Wars and 2015 SDCC thread. Because yeah bet we don't get much.

Kraven Head and Dewback like this.
  4. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Character Names?

5. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    What I want: a livestream type of JJ and the cast in London like Spielberg did for Indy 4, something like that

What will probably show up: At best a small video-message of JJ like he did for Star Wars Weekends, the most stuff will be probably about SW Rebels and books news.

Yanksfan likes this.
  6. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    We'll probably learn more about the spin off films than E7. I don't think the other directors have mystery boxes.

7. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Hey a video message with a few of the cast members would be great.It would be neat to see JJ with, say, Daisy and John along with a couple of others including some old timers.

I'm really thinking we may get a title. I am not banking on it but think it's a decent possbility.

vinsanity likes this.
  8. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    It's likely that they'll announce the title through a short video message from JJ and at least 1 of the new characters in costume.

9. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    The word on the street is that there will not be an Episode VII panel. If there is going to be one it'll be a Hall H event we should know in two weeks at the latest. If the pattern holds (from past years) we will get the schedule for each day in Hall H two weeks before that corresponding day of the con. So that means,

on Thursday, July 10th, they will release the schedule for Thursday, July 24th
    on Friday, July 11th, they will release the schedule for Friday, July 25th
    on Saturday, July 12th, they will release the schedule for Saturday, July 26th
    on Sunday, July 13th, they will release the schedule for Sunday, July 27th

Last year, there was no Star Wars presence except for the giant Lucasfilm booth on the exhibit floor. Last year was a D23 year so there were no Disney films there but they did allow Marvel Studios to participate, which they didn't allow in 2011. It's not clear at this point whether Disney will have a presence and if they will showcase Lucasfilm if they do. If they do show up there are only a few options for scheduling. We already know that 20th Century Fox will be Friday afternoon with Sony, Warner Bros/DC, and Marvel Studios probably being on Saturday. Dr. Who is not going to be at con this year so Sunday will be more open.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  10. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    It's the 2015 SDCC that is going to be insane. I wanna go to that one soooo bad. I'd be wiling to give up my kidney for tickets. Or my first born. Or my kidney AND first born. ;)

mcgo, Dranem, Revanfan1 and 3 others like this.
  11. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    The Star Wars presence this year will probably be pushing Rebels.

Dak Oolron and thejeditraitor like this.
  12. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    I think there is going to be a Rebels panel. That may have been WonderCon.

Yanksfan, a kidney is about the going rate these days. They switched to a new system to sell badges this year that is more fair but it's still really hard to get one. If you are even only thinking about going you should sign up for a member ID at CCI.

Yanksfan likes this.
  13. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    Dewback --Yeah, actually I went through the process for this year's CC, so I realize all the hoops I have to jump through. Unfortunately, the friend who was supposed be my "partner in crime" forgot to do the same. So…*sigh*. But that said, if I can somehow get there next year, that would be even better. I sincerely have every intention of trying really hard to get tickets for next summer. *crosses fingers*

14. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    Also remember that Disney doesn't always allow its properties to participate in years that D23 happens, so it's possible there won't be a Star Wars presence at SDCC in 2015. In 2011 they didn't allow Marvel or Pixar to go and last year they allowed Marvel to go but not Pixar. With D23 and Celebration happening in 2015 I am worried Disney will sit out SDCC next summer.

15. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000

Oh, geez, really? That's good to know….hmph.

I'm still gonna try, but that might be my comforting thought if I fail.

That sucks though. :(

16. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    I'm hoping for a title reveal, though I'm sure I'll be disappointed to see more Rebels stuff. As great as SW Rebels will be, it just doesn't excite me nearly as much.

Ditolus and Dewback like this.
  17. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    It will be Rebels, Rebels and more Rebels. Hopefully there will be a brand new trailer or a sneak peek at part of the opening arc.

PrincessKenobi likes this.
  18. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

Yeah definitely the most likely.

19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Rebels stuff, new Marvel comics, hope more book stuff. Maybe another Bobesque thing. Hope to get some hints of who the characters will be.

20. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Well... good news / bad news situation. Imho if we get a big presence for VII it will likely be since Ford is still recovering so why not plus it distracts from Fords injury delaying production, however if we get near no presence its likely the reports of Harrison's injuries where greatly exagerated so filming is going strong again and JJ would rather just keep as much in the mystery box as possible.

So news but VII will likely be delays/Fords role reduced or no news but everything is back on track filming wise.

That said Rebels may actually get quite a bit of news since it only starts a month or so after and the first wave of kid books for it comes out within days of comic con and they'll be spoiler heavy anyways, so might as well market to the older audience at comiccon too rather than rely on them getting the watered down version via a kids books meant for kindergateners.

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Probably will get some Spin-off stuff as well.

22. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    There's also a HUGE SW celebration next April. You KNOW there will be Episode 7 stuff there.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  23. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    I'll take the child off your hands...

Yanksfan likes this.
  24. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001

This.

I have a feeling it's going to be all Rebels and not much else, especially with the show launching in the Fall. They'll want to push that to the fullest before focusing in on Episode VII. If we're lucky, we'll get a video from JJ saying everything is foreseeing as planned and maybe another small snippet from the set (similar to the Force for Change launch video). I'm not feeling too confident about a title reveal yet, but we'll see.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  25. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Yeah, that'd be cool if JJ released another video where he just talks about that "I miss my family BS" then in the very last seconds of the video he casually says, "And I'll see you December 2015 when Star Wars Episode VII: The Ancient Fear comes out. Bye"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.