main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    If you had the opportunity to introduce an alien species of your design into the Star Wars canon, what would you make?

I remember you posted something about working out the biology of alien beings/creatures a while ago, and it's something I'm addicted to myself. Always interesting to see what other zoology-lovers invent. :)

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

3. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    What non-Jedi/Sith Force tradition do you like and why?

(Gand not included!)

Gamiel likes this.
  4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Trak, I'll say right now that your writing categorically does not suck. It is top-notch, and it was one of the main things that drew me to these forums to begin with. And I mean that in all seriousness.

On to my next question: how and when did you first get started writing fan fiction (and, for that matter, drawing fan art)? Were there any particular fan writers (or artists) who particularly inspired you?

Kahara and Nyota's Heart like this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Do you also do sketching or oil/water color painting? :cool:

6. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    If given the opportunity to wave a hand and it would appear, what would be your dream costume?

From any fandom.

7. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Not really sure. I prefer to just trace evolutionary paths.

1. I'd like to see some more Lovecraft elements, particularly the deities. Let's see some more obscure cultures that worship nigh-omnipotent beings from before time.

2. I don't really have much of a preference.

I don't have a preference. I misread the question and was about to mention Rodian theater, mainly because I grew up around theater. But, that's not a Force tradition. Most other Force traditions don't interest me.

For fan fiction? I've been writing since high school, and even dabbled in it in elementary, when everyone in my class was writing TMNT fanfics. For fan art? Elementary school. I drew a lot of TMNT and Sonic stuff.

For writing and drawing, I will learn from other writers and artists, but I don't have any who have particularly inspired me. I tend study professional artists and authors more closely.

Yep. Almost all of my stuff starts as a sketch. As for painting, I've worked in oils and watercolor, but I prefer acrylic and gouache.

Hoo boy... That's a tough one. I'll just say that if it involves animatronics, I'd love to have it as a costume. I'd like to one day get into building furry costumes, as they're neat and detailed and right up my alley. If I could make the materials and equipment to build such costumes appear, I would. I don't want it prebuilt, as I'm picky and prefer building it myself.

Gamiel and Kahara like this.
  8. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Okay then... ;)

If given an unlimited budget and access to all the goodies necessary (including animatronics), what dream costume would you want to build?

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What pokémondo you think Zuckuss should have?

10. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Have you ever shot a gun? If so, what kind, and would you want to pursue marksmanship as a hobby?

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I love your stories about Zuckus and your artwork.
    What do you do for work?

12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    No idea. I'd like to build a Mewtwo costume some day and had been planning one for years, so I guess that. Given the opportunity and materials, I'd love to just build creatures. Lots and lots of creatures.

Not a single clue. It would depend who he's battling, and his team would be suited for that.

Nope, but I'd like to learn. I'm looking into a shooting class, actually. Just need to find more people for the class so I can take advantage of the group rate.

Mostly freelance commissions when the opportunity arises. Otherwise, I'm unemployed and looking for local work.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Does your freelancing have a focus or is it broad-ranging?

14. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Since you gave such a fine explanation of what psychodrama is, I wonder if you could say a bit more about what sort of reaction good psychodrama should elicit from its readers? Are readers supposed to feel sympathy and/or pity with the character(s) undergoing the psychological torment, or find it amusing, or take sadistic pleasure in it? Does it depend on the story (and the writer)? In Breakfast in Bedlam, for example, I felt a lot of sympathy and pity for Zuckuss's plight, but my own personality and my own affection for the character had a lot to do with that; I don't know if that was what you were going for in that story or not.

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Disney suddenly call and want you to help design the culture/daily life of a gand colony that is going to appear in Rebels/Ep. VII. What would you put in it and what would you keep/throw away from the traditional gand culture/daily life?

So no core pokémons that are, more-or-less, always on his team?

16. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    D'you practice any martial arts? Any interest in weapons besides nunchucks?

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    How nearby do you live to your folks and any sibs? If far off, do you visit often?

18. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    What foreign languages do you know (speaking, reading, writing, etc.)?

19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Pretty much it depends on what you want drawn and how much you're willing to pay. Unfortunately, once pricing comes into play, people head for the hills.

I was going for pity for that story. I wanted to show the audience a victim of circumstance and of things he couldn't control. There is a lot of stigma attached to mental illness, which leads people to shun those afflicted by it, particularly if they have schizophrenia. In media, schizophrenia is often portrayed incorrectly, as many are under the impression that it pertains to multiple personalities, which it does not (Zuckuss is a dual-diagnosis, and I think it may have stemmed from the misconception, as I have seen sources that describe his schizophrenia incorrectly. He does show symptoms of both disorders, as he has heard voices in The Mandalorian Armor (not the author's original intention, as this was before the retcon, but it can be easily added to the retcon)).

Depending on how the story is written, a psychodrama can elicit pity for the "psycho" character. However, it doesn't excuse people of making a blatantly evil character into a Draco In Leather Pants. Very often in stories, clues will be dropped as to whether or not that character should be pitied.

1. More Findsman culture, as sources have depicted it as being an integral thing to Gand culture. Sources also depict Gands as being very learned in various fields, so I can easily see Gands in scientific fields at home and abroad. Their insular nature is also something I would play with, by presenting it as an obstacle for other characters.

2. Zuckuss would have some Psychic type Pokemon. Not sure exactly which ones, but he'd have at least a few of them.

I used to be in karate, but that was a long time ago. I have a katana that I'd like to learn to use properly, and I'd like to figure out the tricky three-section staff, but nunchucks are keeping me plenty busy.

Folks are split up, with one being in Florida and the other out near Chambersburg in McKnightstown. My brother lives in York, but he drops by often because his wife wants to visit her family in Gettysburg. My half-brother lives north in Mt. Holly Springs. My grandma is at a nursing home about a couple miles south of me. I see her every weekend.

None, none, and none. I can understand bits of German, French, and Spanish, and I can pick up some words here and there in Japanese. As for any fluency, I have none.

Gamiel and Findswoman like this.
  20. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Are you interested in learning one of those three languages, particularly German since you're Pennsylvania Dutch?

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Favorite season of the year, and why?

22. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    OK, so what is the difference between schizophrenia and multiple personality disorder? I think I've probably mixed them up in the past too ("schizophrenia" in Greek is literally "split mind," which is part of the confusion for me).

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    How do you envision gand architecture to looks like?
    Would the findsmen have the same roll in this new eviorment or would they stay more-or-less the same as on Gand?

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Favorite meal of the day: breakfast, lunch, or supper?

25. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Which Star Wars character would you want to cosplay as, given the materials etc. needed to construct a costume...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.