main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Cheating on a significant other or spouse

Discussion in 'Community' started by blubeast1237, Jun 30, 2014.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Now hang on a sec, if love cannot blossom on a messageboard than that doubly goes for polyamory!

Juliet316, harpua, Lady Keira and 2 others like this.
  2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Maybe even triply or quadruply so.

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Invite first, seconds second. [face_love]

4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    So wrong. With their feminine wiles.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Now you've just reminded me how much I hate that damn word for being a mix of Greek and Latin roots, just quadrilateral is more common than tetragon for some annoying reason.

6. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003

edit: Ugh I don't want my dirt on the internet, mods can enjoy my edit.

Blubeast the jist is that that wasn't what I'm saying and you need to grow up or date someone at your level of intelligence. That's all.

Souderwan likes this.
  7. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    STFU ZAPADOS THIS IS WHY GIRLS SUCK THEYRE JUST OUT TO HURT YOU

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ender Sai, harpua and Zapdos like this.
  8. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    WHAT ARE YOU YELLING ABOUT, AUSTIN?

9. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    austin did that nice girl leave you?

10. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

cuz not gonna lie, im probably gonna holla if she did

11. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    It was the natural consequence of his attempt to challenge your primacy in posting dance pictures on the forums. Frankly, I have never forgiven him for it.

12. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Not at all, I don't claim this to be a secular or atheistic opinion and creating some caricature is not my goal.

I was told I should not demand others follow my moral beliefs and so I do not. I do not judge others by my own morals, I instead judge them by their own. If they believe cheating is wrong then I will say they are wrong if they cheat. If they do not think it's wrong then I will accept their view as valid for them.

I am not trolling or trying to create strawmen and this isn't some 'guess we do need Jesus' thing either. I was told having views on things that said how other people live or act based solely on my religious beliefs was wrong. I considered that and agreed that I should not impose a system of values or beliefs on others that are not their own. Thus when arguing social or political issues I take out the issue of my religious beliefs by not applying them to others.

This is my new genuine perspective. Live by what morals you see as valid, let others live by what morals they see as valid. Take issue only when actions break the law. Cheating, unless in breaking a contract, is not breaking the law and thus is moral or immoral depending on the person committing it.

13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Creating some caricature might not be your goal (Though I kind of doubt it considering you're assuming the removal of a divine command morality automatically necessitates this lame "Lulz so subjective" dancing) but it's certainly all you've accomplished.

harpua and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  14. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    GenAntilles, most people don't argue that you shouldn't use any moral framework to figure things out. They are saying that in public policy discussions, we should restrict ourselves to secular frameworks because they allow everyone to participate and potentially agree regardless of religion. You don't force religion on other people specifically because it is so sacred and personal. But if you want to force Keynesian (or, on the opposite end of the spectrum Austrian) economics on someone, go ahead. They may call you stupid, but it's a debate everyone can freely engage in without compromising anything essential about themselves.

harpua and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  15. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
  16. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I find this approach too lassiez faire and lacking a moral backbone.

There's a point at which we should conclude something has a boundary, and that boundary is inelastic.

Yes, humans are not naturally monogamous. If you cannot work at it and make it work, don't be a selfish ****; end one relationship before pursuing anything else.

None of this grey area BS. It is wrong.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  17. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Well yeah but your morals are invisible things in your head which are completely different than other people's morals sooooo it's not...always wrong. And there's always a grey area.

Juliet316 and harpua like this.
  18. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Grow up.... Hmm... You're taking the stance that my view is from immaturity, yes? Okay, well a couple things: To say that a view is immature is almost as bad as saying its crazy: You're being dismissive of a view that you disagree with,which, if you're okay with doing and purposely do, that's fine.

Second, I'm in a relationship now and don't cheat, so this whole thread was not me arguing that I really want to cheat so i need to justify it, its more to say that when I have cheated I didn't feel regret or sadness or anything at all and that it didn't affect how I felt about my girlfriend(I still loved her). If you take the view that Rogue_Ten takes(Idk why I think that he and Ender Sai are the same person when they post so I may have that mixed up) and think that that makes me a bad person, then that's fine, but I would just like to be called a bad person because of the correct reason and not because you're imagining something else. As far as dating someone at my level of intelligence, I don't know what you mean by that.

19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Notwithstanding that we are not saying there are scenarios where a person may cheat without nefarious intent, what precisely about cheating on someone do you consider ok, in order for the statement "it's not always wrong" to be true?

20. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Just want to point out that monogamy is not entirely a human construct....I don't know where you heard that from, but no...that's wrong.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    OK, so just to satisfy your pedantry, can we pop this semantic quibble with "most human" instead of "entirely"?

Seriously. FFS.

blubeast1237 likes this.
  22. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    i think empireforever called you a bad person because, by your own admission, you're incapable of feeling remorse for misleading a loved one

Juliet316 and Ender Sai like this.
  23. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

what if hitler's about to press the button to deploy a neutrino weapon that will sterilize all life on earth and the only way to stop him is to have sex with him but if you ever tell your boyfriend about it hitler will deploy the bomb anyways. then i daresay cheating might be... tragically noble?

24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    For the record, are you advocating a complete moral subjectivity here or just that cheating falls into that kind of classification?

Ender Sai likes this.
  25. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Please inform me of the secular system of morals then so I can know what is moral and immoral then. I've argued based on Christian morals and have been told it is wrong. So now I've tried being accepting of whatever values or morals someone might have, but now that is wrong as well.

For instance, I view cheating as wrong because the Bible says so. I don't have any other reason for believing it is immoral than that. That is the sole reason. So if I tell someone they are wrong for cheating I am doing it solely because what they are doing is against my religious beliefs. If I tell them not to cheat it is solely because of my religious beliefs.