main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Galen Marek Fanclub: The Starkiller Alliance.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Mister_Master, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    Tks Sey,

Since the FU2 is out and has been for a bit it would be a good time to talk about the Force Unleash, the Ultimate Sith Edition and of course FU2. Unfortunately I have only read the books as of the moment and seen hundreds of clips so here's a question I have for everyone...if Galen was to appear in the current Star Wars timeline how would you want him to be represented? Would he appear as a jedi to help Luke? As a new sith lord to carry on Vader's legacy? Perhaps something neither light or dark. Also where would he have been doing all this time and where has he been hiding and why?

Honestly I think the best thing would be for him to be dead but it would also be very nice to see him face off against Luke the hero of the rebellion vs the founder of the rebellion. Another thing mentioned earlier if Vader had a single secret apprentice why couldn't he have more after all Starkiller was only a pawn to his plans so I can see him having many more "apprentices". I could also see Palpatine trying to get rid of Vader by taking his own "secret apprentices" thus Vader would constantly be proving himself worthy of his position. Palpatine and Vader as equals unable to destroy the other and as such Vader unable to prove himself as the "Master".

After all we know that Palpatine wanted Luke to take Vader's place and has only ever encourage those strong in the force to claim their "rightful" place by killing the weaker apprentice and becoming his new apprentice. I also hate that all the dark side endings seem to be the "best" ending but the light side endings are always made cannon.

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    INCOMING TRANSMISSION FROM THE OFFICE OF THE CHANCELLOR

*A hologram slowly begins to form eventually coalescing into a
    humanoid shape. The cross T visor and beskar armor identify
    him as a Mandalorian mercenary. A jetii'kad trophy swings freely
    at his belt as he begins to speak.*

Greetings, gentlebeings, allow me to introduce myself. I am Bardan_Jusik Mandalorian warrior and currently under contract to the EU Senate as Director of Security. As per the EU Constitution, Lady Adalia-Durron has stepped down as Chancellor and dissolved the current government. The time has come for the Senators of all threads to come together and elect a new Chancellor, a strong Chancellor. If your thread has no sitting Senator, you may elect one and be represented in the Senate.

The candidates thus far are; Adalia-Durron, the incumbent, for Chancellor
    and her running mate for Vice-Chancellor, Albaholly. Opposing
    them are Evil_King_Wiggins for Chancellor and his running mate
    Sinrebirth for Vice-Chancellor. The vote is scheduled for 23
    January. If you have any other candidates you wish to nominate or wish to add to the discussion follow this link

http://boards.theforce.net/eu_community/b10194/31471142/p2/?31

We in the Senate look forward to your participation.

END TRANSMISSION

3. Jedi_Corin_Daan

Jedi_Corin_Daan Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 6, 2010
    I don't know if this thread is still going or not. It looks rather vacant. But Starkiller has become one of my favorite EU characters of all time. I read both novels and played the first game, and he is such a cool character. Many stories start with a good guy gone bad, or a good guy that is an underdog. But few have an extremely powerful bad guy who becomes the hero! And his character development was great! This guy is so cool!

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I am quite, deeply, intrigued in how Vader threw the fight in Force Unleashed II... and happy that he may very well have in TFU I. [face_skull]

5. Jedi_Corin_Daan

Nov 6, 2010
    I didn't get the sense that he threw it. Starkiller is just that good. And Vader can't take the heat (Sith lightening heat that is).

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The secret video heavily implies that had Vader been in any real danger, the Dark Apprentice (the perfect clone), would have intervened and slaughtered them all. As evidenced by the dark side ending of TFU II, also...

In short, Darth Vader allowed himself to be captured. On purpose.

:cool:

7. Jedi_Corin_Daan

Nov 6, 2010
    Ah. Well with video games with multiple possible endings, how do we know which one is canon? Is the novel canon? Darkside ending? Lightside ending?

8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The light side ending is canon, but the secret ending shows the Dark Apprentice exists in the background nonetheless, with specific instructions from Darth Vader to not intervene unless Vader is in danger of death.

9. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
  10. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    No wonder your icon is Starkiller himself! Heh-heh.

My brother has TFU, but not TFU 2 or The Ultimate Sith Edition. I really liked the charcacter, and after I played it the first time, I actually made up a story about his children! :p

11. Dreilide

Dreilide Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2014
    With Star Wars: Rebels coming out soon, I was wondering what fans who are familiar with The Force Unleashed video game series might believe it will do to the canon of the game. I am a huge fan of the first game; it had a great story and had the heart of the original series. Specifically the title character of Galen Marek portrayed an evolution of a character who makes the rare switch from sith to jedi. I suppose I do not want to read that because of "Rebels" the story of TFU never happened. Thoughts?

12. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013
    It's under the Legends banner, and even before that we were told that the formation of the Rebellion seen in Clone Wars took precedent over that in The Force Unleashed.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Problem is - it wasn't till much later that we were told that the Onderon Rebels, who fight the Separatists, are the people who first formed the Rebellion.

14. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Hi Dreilide, welcome to the boards - the Saga forum is, for the most part, a 'movies only' (Eps I-VI) discussion forum, and canon debates aren't permitted or relevant, so I'll move this over to the EU Community forum.

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Merged with our existing Galen Marek/TFU fanclub and unlocked.

16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Oh, this exists? Cool. Well I guess I'm a Galen Marek fan, too. :cool:

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It's been locked for some time, but Dreilide's post gave me reason to unlock it.

[​IMG]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  18. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    When is this?

19. Dreilide

Dreilide Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2014
    Oh okay! I really wasn't sure, thanks for letting me know!

20. Dreilide

Dreilide Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2014
    Yes, I was wondering the same thing?

21. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I think it was an online tweet about it possibly. Either way, it wasn't obvious from the episode itself.

22. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Dear God! A thread for liking this character actually exists.

I am amazed.

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Star Wars and the EU in particular is an amazing thing, with amazing places, characters and technology. Most importantly it has amazing fans who all find their own favorites in the galaxy far far away.

Remember to use the edit feature folks, to avoid double posting. ;)

[​IMG]

24. YodasGrandad

YodasGrandad Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2015
    How did Galen Marek manage to defeat Palpatine at the end of the game, isn't Palpatine meant to be uber powerful? Or is he not as good as he was in ROTS?

Or did they nerf Galen Marek up for the game?

25. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Palpatine was probably pulling the same stunt he did in ROTS and pretending to be "out of power".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.