main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Ah, I didn't know whether they were specific to this site. Thank you! :)
    *is clueless noob*

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    No problem! :)

3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    The boards are "freezing up" again. I did not get a chance to copy and paste the error message, but an error message did appear (very short) while the boards completely slowed down in similarity to the boards issues we've been having as of late. I had to exit out of the boards and reenter the boards for the system to work again. It still showed some uneasiness in taking over two minutes to post simple a two sentence Private Message. Just FYI. :)

4. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I believe there's also a Complete Color Listing under the Rules of the JC tab, as well. Hope this helps!

Bail B. Baobab likes this.
  5. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Is there a way we could have a popular posts page? Like a page which automatically lists and ranks the most liked posts in the last day/week/month/all time kind of thing. It might be fun.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  6. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Boards were down for me for about a half-hour. No error message, just a refusal to load. Not sure if it happened to anyone else.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I think the Search function is down.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, there are a ton of error messages in the server log - I've emailed Grahame about it.

9. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Good morning. I was not around for the last move, so are these glitches on a par with the last move's problems? Better? Worse?

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Most of the recent issues have had to do with space. We are on a hosted server since our move from IGN and we basically run out of either disk space or storage space. Not sure which this is yet as I can't tell from the messages. I'm pretty sure it's space-related though.

We didn't have the space problems with the temp boards as they were nowhere near the size of the perm boards.

Edit - Grahame has stopped and restarted Elasticsearch. So far so good..

pronker likes this.
  11. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    I have slow internet so this has popped up once or twice in the past, but now it will not go away. The forums has been looking like this for two days now. Is this like so kind of lite-mode for people with slow internet? Cause if it is can one of the admins tell me how to disable it?

[​IMG]

12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    No, it looks like you're having some issues loading our site. Have you tried clearing out your cookies and cache?

13. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    Fixed it. Thanks a million Ramza.

14. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    If the rank of Force Ghost is 200 points, then why am I not one. I have 391 points.

15. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Custom titles override user rank titles.

16. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    For me, it's a fringe benefit of being a game host.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  17. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Just noticed this. This is an interesting idea, and it could be fun. I don't know if this is feasible though. Just by going through my memory of posts I've come across in the past with a ton of "likes", I think this is the Top 5 leaderboard:
    1. http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...p-worrying-and-love-the-speculation.50014770/ Thread OP
    2. http://boards.theforce.net/threads/here-we-go-again.50004814/ Thread OP
    3. http://boards.theforce.net/threads/star-wars-episode-vii-cast-announced.50019922/ Thread OP
    4. http://boards.theforce.net/threads/make-me-a-movie-poster.50020080/page-3#post-51513708
    5. http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...episode-vii-includes-bob-discussion.50020413/ Thread OP
    These are all from the Ep VII boards of course, so I don't know if there are other posts in other boards like the JCC or Lit, perhaps that have at least 30 "likes". If there's a way to find out, that would be pretty neat.

I second this. :p

DarthTunick , pronker and V-2 like this.
  18. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Thanks, Ramza. I thought the boards didn't like me.

[face_laugh]

19. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Hey there technology people. For some reason lately, I haven't been able to edit my posts, so I've been forced to double post :/
    When I press the edit button, my post shows up for a split-second, then it's replaced by an entirely white screen
    I took a screenshot for ya http://snag.gy/Sn3v5.jpg

Any idea what's going on or how I can fix this? It's only recently that I've had this problem

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Seagoat - you using Firefox v 23 or higher? If so please see this thread here in Comms. There is a work-around in the thread.

21. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    In a nutshell, either click "More Options" in that popup, or just directly open the edit link in a new tab.

22. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Sometimes, when I try to post, it's very slow. I try hitting post again and then there's a double (or more) post of the original post.

To that end, is it possible to allow users to delete their own double posts if something like that happens?

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You can't delete them, but you can use the 'Report' function to let us know and we'll take care of it. All the mods can see the Reported Items queue.

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    The inbox is not working. You click on it, it loads to the web address, then there is a blank screen. Just FYI. :)

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I had no problems yesterday. Try clearing your internet temp files. If that doesn't help, let us know your browser, version, and operating system.