main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    A double helping of SW goodness in the post today - Insider #150 and the Summer 2014 issue of the UK SW Comic magazine. Beats bills any day.. :p

whostheBossk and KeithyT like this.
  2. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Vhoa, an acquaintance just brought me several boxes filled with roughly 60 blistered Hasbro 3 3/4" Star Wars figures from the 90s. He found them in the attic and didn't want them anymore. I haven't sighted them yet but Jabba's dancers and a dewback are among them ... I'm really, really ... shocked.

3. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Wow and to think this is my birthday week, wish I had an acquaintance like that! I did receive a small box full of vintage figures, all in very nice condition, some even smelling new (is that possible?) they were in plastic sleeves. I'm gonna keep a few of them and sell the rest with their original weapons once I get them.

KeithyT and Sgt Crowfield like this.
  4. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Lucky ducky Sgt Crowfield!

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  5. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Very lucky indeed :). I certainly didn't deserve this, because I'm a collector who unpacks her stuff (and plays with it, yes, I actually do). If a certain friend of mine (who's a 'real' collector of NOB Star Wars figures and other memorabilia) knew about this, he'd have an instant critical existence failure.

PadmeLeiaJaina and whostheBossk like this.
  6. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Nothing wrong with playing with your figs! That's what they're meant for! ;)

DarthJaceus and Sgt Crowfield like this.
  7. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Sure, but I'm like, 48. People may nod in approval if one of us silverbacks admits that s/he collects stuff, but they certainly don't expect us to play with our prizes ...

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    I think that is awesome. Most of us here are grownups, but will always be a child at heart and probably will live longer for it! I never thought those collectors who display their figures would have any fun doing so because they're meant to be played with, but setting them up and displaying them can be just as fun...especially for those. eh em.. adults.

On that note, I received a birthday gift to myself today in getting last 17 Barada in mint condition no weapon!! Also a few other skiff guards and Weequay and an MOC ESB Rebel Commander with a few bends and paper rips, but all in all not bad.

9. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Well, congrats on the loot! Happy Birthday :).

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Pfffttttt...what's the point if you don't do that? It helps to keep us young.

whostheBossk and Sgt Crowfield like this.
  11. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    Got my next one! Animated series Yellow Clone Trooper from All The Cool Stuff excellent independent toy store near me in the UK.

I'm officially obsessed again. 3 more to go...

12. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Bought my first vintage figures!

Bespin Fatigues Luke for 2.99 he had no accessories. Paint is decent on him though!

Palace Disguise Lando. He was complete, and in GREAT condition, along with his card back (no bubble) for 12.99!

KeithyT and whostheBossk like this.
  13. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Got a couple of Bantam books earlier. I got The Paradise Snare, Rebel Dawn, Showdown At Centerpoint, Shield of Lies and Tyrant's Test. That should make for quite a bit of reading. I just need Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, Specter of the Past, Tales From the Empire and Hard Merchandise and then I'll have all the Bantam books. Well there is the other tales books but I can get them on kindle so pretty happy.

14. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    So tempted to open some of my black series figures.

15. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Nice finds everyone! I am tempted to open a lot of figures, but it seems I can get by with two to six opened per year. Carded figures are so cheap and nice to display so it makes it difficult to open them. I just keep filling my display with cheap vintage figures (picked up a huge lot last week, including Royal guard, Rancor keeper, and 2 1B weapons) so it helps keep newer figures carded.

Picked up Jan Doddonna, carded Rebel Commando, weapons lot (including completing my vintage set with Luke X wing pistol and Greedo pistol), and B Wing in good shape but bottom gun broke off in shipping (glued back on).

Sgt Crowfield and KeithyT like this.
  16. Sithaldo

Sithaldo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 3, 2013
    I added to my collection last week. It's not complete yet as there's still more to be added to it. But Episode I was completed after 6 hours.

[​IMG]Star Wars Tattoo by Smithald0, on Flickr

Sgt Crowfield and whostheBossk like this.
  17. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Nice!

Just received Return of the Jedi Imperial Red Guard carded today. A few bends and creases, but overall a great addition.

KeithyT likes this.
  18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Made the pilgrimage to Forbidden Planet in London today. No Black Fetts but I did pick up a Boba Fett Ice Cube Tray (the cubes are freezing now at home) and the pb of SW: Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void. Also the postie brought the next load of Fact Files today.

whostheBossk likes this.
  19. Sithaldo

Sithaldo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 3, 2013
    Star Wars fact file arrived a few days ago. For the last 3 in a row there has been a note on the invoice about the free binder they were supposed to send out with the 5th delivery but still no sign of it arrived.

Also checked on my pre-order of the next wave of 6" BS figures. Hoping they arrive before I head off to Texas for a week on the 2nd August.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Post lady brought the August issue of the UK SW Comics Magazine today. I am so far behind on reading these. Waiting for a rainy afternoon to catch up..

whostheBossk likes this.
  21. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Snagged an elusive Mara Jade at my local Wal-mart today! Score!

22. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Got Specter of the Past. 3 Bantam books remain.

23. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    Still on my Vintage kick.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Gawd, I love those Comic Spain things. I got one in May and it's err...one of the two toys I have now.

[​IMG]

Also, enjoyed reading Sgt Crowfield posts on this page - from having such an incredible friend, to playing with toys at 48. :)

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002

Very nice Han and Chewie! Your Han's shirt is in better condition than mine, then again, mine's from when I was a kid - it saw a lot of playwear.

I have all of those small guys. I got 2 of those bright yellow 3POs at a flea market for pennies each eons ago - the other 3 I got at Disneyworld back in the early 90s.

Ewok Poet - I like that ewok, I haven't seen it before!

whostheBossk likes this.