main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Temuera Morrison/Clones/Boba Fett be involved?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Captain_Typho, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I doubt it... I honestly think they'll be plenty of things connecting the films. They've already cast an actress who looks like Portman, have a market scene that looks a lot like TPM etc.etc.

2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i hadn't thought of that. she does look like portman.

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I hope we don't see Fett. As far as I'm concerned, his story ended in ROTJ and I'd rather they not try to shoehorn him in.

In regards to the clones, I can possibly see them making an appearance in a cameo, but certainly not in the military role they had in the PT. I would think the Empire (if they are still around) would have moved on from clones by now and would be using more and more recruits for their foot soldiers. At the very least, if they are still using clones, they would most likely have a new template and it would not be Temuera Morrison anyway.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  4. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    Hmmm... This is a tough one. There were hundreds of thousands of Fett clones made, so I have to think that with so many we will see something about them? Not so much as a link to the OT, but, as a way to explain what happened to all of them. I don't think that we will see them in a military role, I would think the Republic would want to move past cloning for military purposes. Also, assuming that the Empire was cloning right up til ROTJ, that would mean many of the last possible clones would be in their late 40's to early 50's, with the first batch from AOTC being in their 70's? Not sure if you want them in your military.

5. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I wouldn't have much of a problem seeing Fett if they decide to bring him back to life in the new post rotj eu.

6. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    I hope you're right and I really hope I'm wrong. The PT isn't perfect, but there's tons of good stuff in it and in TCW, and they would be foolish not to use it.

7. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Exactly... there's far more positive things in the PT than negative... and I'm sure JJ is fully aware of that. For example, I think it would be a mistake and a missed opportunity not to incorporate Coruscant into the ST. And overall, the effects will be far closer to those in the PT than those in the OT.

8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I would have liked to know that Boba had a wife and kid...a daughter hoping to fill her father's shoes would be cool. The latest Fett being a girl could be one of the big reveals in the last ST film, too. ;)

9. LordGarthNader

LordGarthNader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
  10. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Yes, I too was wondering about this:
    [​IMG]

11. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I sense that will be like Daisy Ridley. IMDB says she's playing Jaina, which she could but probably not, and even if she there's no way IMDB knows.

12. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    As much as I'm looking forward to a Boba Fett picture, I don't put a lot of stock in this one. Cannot just about anyone edit IMDb?

13. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    IMDb is similar to Wikipedia. Anyone can edit it. In the Marvel Community, lots of heads were turning when some dude from Walking Dead popped up on the Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. IMDb page and only turned out to be some dude messing around by adding him.

14. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    I hope Morrison is in!!

15. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    It all comes down to how hard it is for the Sarlacc to digest armor (and jetpacks) and how hard it is to come out of a Sarlacc`s stomach.

16. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
  17. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    I doubt it. Or: I HOPE NOT. Plus Boba Fett would be a senior citizen if he were still alive.

18. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    i kind of agree. i don't know. it depends on how it would be handled. i could go either way.

19. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    I realized im contradiciting my position already stated....im gonna let this play out...but if BF is in...well....i dont mind it..

20. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  21. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013

To me the spin offs are a way to keep a character alive that has already died.

Boba fett is so iconic, but he is dead. So a spinoff allows for sales of goods for that character to continue.

This may mean that a Solo spin off rumor may mean a Solo death scene in E7.

Han dies. Fans are shocked. A year later, Solo is back on the screen so that Disney doesnt have to lose an iconic character.

Yoda would also make sense here. Yoda is dead but they can continue to sell Yoda "gear" if they "bring him back" for a spin off

22. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    possibly. i agree about boba fett. i'd like the spin off to be sometime pre-ot.

23. mcgo

mcgo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 22, 2013
    No. Because Boba Fett is, was, and always will be overrated as a character....begun, the Flame Wars have!

24. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013

Dude has sick armor and a sicker ship though.

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    And that obviously makes him the most important character in SW.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.