main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    But it doesn't need to be profic for that to happen. ;) And there's a lot more...enticing stuff in BP that captured my imagination. [face_devil]

aleja2 likes this.
  2. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004

Yup. There's no surprise that came from an Allston book. :) He wrote a really good Luke and Mara, and good L/M interaction. I wish he'd had more of an opportunity to write them outside of the galaxy-spanning super-series.

As an aside, Nom Anor is one of my favorite Star Wars villains. I hated that guy so much, but he fascinated me. I was so excited to find his action figure at a convention last year. :)

mavjade and Revanfan1 like this.
  3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    My favorite part of that scene was that Tahiri and Danni were all blushing and looking away and Bhindi was all like "Yeah, whatever, let's get a move on." :p

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  4. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I've never read all of the NJO, either - I think I read all of Balance Point but only a few of the others, I wasn't a fan of the series overall.

Is anyone doing a re-read of the EU now that it is essentially "complete"? I recently re-read the ROTS novelisation and was thinking of reading from then on in order (pre prequels era never interested me). It will take a long time but would be a nice "goodbye" to the EU.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL If I reread anything, [face_dancing] probably would be Zahn's stuff.

aleja2 likes this.
  6. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Now that the EU is "Legends" does that mean it is sort of like "Infinities"? In Infinities anything an happen. I want a last "Legends" EU wrap up novel where someone like Zahn Mary Sue's the hell out of Legends. Luke steps through some mystical wormhole enchanted looking glass and he finds himself back as a fifteen year old boy on Tatooine but maintaining his vast knowledge of the Grand Master. He then gets Obi-Wan to help him and they systematically pull apart the Emperor's plans for galactic domination. Oh yeah...he finds Mara and woos her so hard she didn't know what hit her. Then have a ton of kids and live happily ever after. The end.

Then we can wait to see how good or bad EP7 is. There better not be gungan male strippers! lol! I don't know why that popped in my head. I just was thinking of a Gungan version of Magic Mike but the dancers are all tripping over their feet as they try to undress and yelling, "Howwza I remove these pants."

Gemma, Nyota's Heart and Revanfan1 like this.
  7. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I see it more like an alternate reality–sort of like Star Trek 2009 was a reboot, but technically the Original Series still exists, just in a parallel timeline. The only difference being, there is no given point of "this is where the timelines split." I guess you could say it is the end of ROTJ, as that'd make the most sense, but even so there are Legends stories that don't take place after ROTJ–any EU story before April 25th was called Legends, so that means the Old Republic and Clone Wars era EU are Legends, too. So in both the Legends and Canon timelines, I guess there are events that happen no matter what–those being the movies, TCW show, and the new Rebels show.

Oh good gracious that last line had me laughing so hard. [face_rofl]

I personally have a lot of faith in VII, even though it will probably demolish a lot of our expectations, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. I am seriously hopeful that Domhnall Gleeson is playing Luke's son, though. I mean, seriously. The guy screams "Ben Skywalker" to me. But hey, as long as it's a great movie that has fun, a good plot, and lightsaber duels, I'll be happy.

Gemma and aleja2 like this.
  8. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    I feel like some very accomplished (or brave) fanfic author needs to make an ultra-meta fic exploring all the crazy possibilities that the SW multiverse could get up to, and the even more nutty things that profic authors have pulled. Hijinks and mayhem ensue. All aboard the Waru Express! :p

9. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Honestly, if he's not, what a missed opportunity:

[​IMG][​IMG]

If these two aren't father and son, it'll be a real shame.

Gemma and Revanfan1 like this.
  10. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Yeah. I'm sorry, I try to avoid all the mindless speculation (there's nothing wrong with it, but you can speculate until the movie comes out and still probably not get a detail correct, I just rather go and - hopefully - be pleasantly surprised) but if Gleeson isn't playing Ben Skywalker or SOME incarnation of a Luke's offspring, I will be disappointed.

RE: One last Zahn book to recon the entire post-ROTJ "Legends" timeline: That would make my day. He did something a couple years ago on April Fools with the Luuuuuuuuukes clones and it would be brilliant to do something like that to end the EU timeline. Or just any Zahn book to put an "end cap" on the Legends timeline if the new EU ends up being vastly different. I know they said they may continue the Legends timeline, but I can't see them doing it, but it would really suck to have Crucible as 'the end of Legends' (though that might get me to finish FotJ and read Crucible).

Edit: I guess the Legacy comics would technically be the end of the Legends. I always forget about those. I guess that's not as bad as Crucible, but there would be a LOT of potential for good stories between Crucible and Legacy, and it would never be filled in, but it would be nice to get some sort of summary of what happened. I guess that's what fanfic is for!

11. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Did Cade ever get clean and sober in the Legacy comics? I don't know, having Luke end up as a ghostly Interventionist seems a pathetic ending for my Farmboy. You remember when Yoda told Obi-Wan that Qui-Gon learned how to come back as a Force ghost? (I think he said that...I only watched the PT movies one time). Well, I want some excited Jedi telling another Jedi, "Grand Master Skywalker learned how to knock boots on the other side!” Then we could go out knowing Luke and Mara are literally together with the Force. They will have an internity of ginchy shine!

12. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    I recall this did quite a hilariously disturbing and ingenious job of explaining the wackiness of Luke's characterization in most of the EU. [face_mischief]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    That's very sad...but oddly appropriate. [face_laugh]

14. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    I highly appreciate a well-done crack!fic. 8-}

Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh, you knew this was coming. Warning, possible spoilers for E7 (though not really a 'spoiler' since it is no big, breaking news that Mark Hamill has a beard currently).

SJRS August challenge: The 'Contractually Obligated Beard!'

For this challenge you must write a fic in which Luke has a beard. It can be in any universe (D-canon, Legacy, or any AU). You MUST include: Mara's reaction/opinion, a razor (or whatever GFFA equivalent), and the word "obligated" (or any tense of the word you want). BONUS POINTS if you include the phrase "I don't shave for _______ _________"

HAVE FUN!

JadeLotus and taramidala like this.
  16. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Shoot! I gotta get to work. :D

JadeLotus and Nyota's Heart like this.
  17. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Gemma and ginchy like this.
  18. jackyyy17

jackyyy17 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2006

Briannakin was this what you were talking about with the Luuke clones: An Apology. I had no idea he had done this (Basically I stopped reading about 3/4 of the way through NJO and sort of fell out of the fandom for a bit.)

19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes, that was the short story.

I've completed the challenge: Skybeard (and it isn't even august yet :p). I sorta want to do another one, because it was so much fun, with a NSFW part, but my muse has returned and I have 2 fics I can totally finish before school starts, so I don't think I'll get to it.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Does this have to be a stand alone story or can I just add a chapter in a current fic with those word prompts?

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Go right ahead. Just permalink (by clicking the number beside the like button) us to the chapter.

22. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    OH, THE LULZ. [face_rofl] (Disturbing lulz, though...)

I still think The Death of Luke Skywalker knocked it out of the park in comparison (even including Bearded!Luke), but this was hilarious too. Thanks for posting the link!

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    ThreadSketch just read "The Death of Luke Skywalker" [face_laugh] [face_laugh] and [face_dancing] Great AU - very! [face_mischief]

24. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    One of those rare cases where I think a fic did it better than Zahn. :p

25. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    I hadn't read that fic before - it's great! :D

Many, many years ago I posted an L/M fic called Chasing Dreams which has been lost due to the truncation issue. I have been able to recover about half of the chapters from ff.net and the WayBack Machine, but not all of the pages are available on that archive. I was wondering, and I know this is a longshot, if anyone had it saved or has a copy, as I would like to repost the whole thing to ff.net and a03.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.