main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Kotor 2, I'd stick to the ones with full gameplay. It would be so confusing jumping between cutscenes, and with full gameplay at least you can skip ahead if it's taking too long.

I've considered recording a SWTOR run but my laptop doesn't have the power to play and record that game, it starts to lag. So I screenshot everything :p My screenshot folder is painfully large.

Also, a little celebration:
    [​IMG]
    First 55, at last! I finally went to Makeb with my first toon and levelled way fast. Too bad my gear still sucks, but that's the case for all my 50+ characters.

Sent from my X-wing via R2-J6

2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    It is somewhat surprising that neither KOTOR or KOTOR II were novelized. There is merit in a novelization, especially for those who did not have an Xbox or PCs that can play the games. I suppose someone could painstakingly play the game and write down every piece of dialogue. You could even create different versions of the same book: KOTOR Prodigal Jedi, KOTOR Dark Lord, and KOTOR Smuggler. You could even make it that depending on what you choose, you skip to certain chapters and even have alternative chapters. Yes it sounds exhausting, but think of it.. a book where you choose what is the fate of your favorite characters!

3. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    Skidding in for a late start to the greatest thread ever to grace the pages of the JC.

Kato Sai likes this.
  4. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Welcome Thuro, KOTOR is indeed one of the greatest pieces of Star Wars Legends (EU).

Thuro likes this.
  5. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    I'm a bit bigger fan of KOTORII but agreed, best two games/EU fiction ever made.

*Toasts the creators*

Kato Sai likes this.
  6. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    I can't even find something like that for Kotor 2 :/

Rogue Five thanks! Checking that link out as we speak

7. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I just stuck in "kotor 2 walkthrough" in YouTube and found a bunch [face_dunno]

8. Orman Tagge

Apr 10, 2014
    Oh.

I actually never used the word walkthrough. It was always movie or storyline or something...

Rebecca_Daniels likes this.
  9. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Often they're framed as walkthroughs or let's plays when on youtube, though let's plays often have commentary so it's hit and miss. Cinematics usually just gets, well, cinematics, but sometimes works out.

10. Rogue Five

Rogue Five Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 11, 2014
    Congrats on the 55! [face_dancing] My commando is my main, I run assault spec with her. I've got 9 55s, although I haven't played in a while. I plan on leveling my guardian over double xp week though.
    Oh, and I dunno if you know this or not, but if you want to get your post 50s some decent gear, the Oricon storyline gives out a nice set. It's a nice little story, too, especially the imp version.

11. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Thanks, only took a year and a half (with me neglecting her for the last year) :p Haven't tried Oricon yet, I think I will after Makeb, especially if it means gear. I'm currently healing spec but I've been messing around with different tree configurations and I might go back to assault, depends on how the rest of Makeb goes, really. Not sure who I'll level during double xp, got a few on the go, but probably an imp, since I only have one storyline finished (that being Warrior) with only the Knight left to finish for the pub.

12. Rogue Five

Rogue Five Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 11, 2014
    I'd strongly recommend agent for an imp class. Best storyline in the game, hands down. It was the last class I leveled, and it was a ton of fun (I went sniper.) And that's a story where I wouldn't go full light or dark, but just kinda pick what seems right to you. I did that on all my toons (I've never hit light or dark V in two years of playing) and it really works well for the agent. It'll be even better over double xp week since you can level mostly just with class stories and the occasional flashpoint or war zone.
    Also, what server do you play on? I might be able to craft you some implants/earpieces for your 55s if you're on the Harbinger.

Also, Orman Tagge, there are some good Kotor 2 play throughs on a YouTube channel called Kotor HDTV channel if you're still looking for one.

13. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I've got a bunch of midlings on the go, two agents right now amongst them, but I'm running both mostly light side for now. Whenever I try being more grey I just end up picking light side in the end except for my dedicated dark side characters, though there are some decisions I just can't make according the the alignment. Mostly it depends on the character and the feel I have for them. I do find it easier to take a grey route on a second playthrough since I know the consequences, like for my other Trooper I should level a bit.
    I'm mostly on Begeren Colony with some on Jedi Covenant. Everyone I talk to lately seems to be on Harbinger, went to the Cantina tour and didn't meet a single person who shared a server with me because they were all on Harbinger, I swear :p

Rogue Five likes this.
  14. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    IMO it is also surprising that KOTOR wasn't given an encyclopedia--like, it seems KOTOR is here and there in SW literature but it would be nice to have it in one comprehensive book. TOR has an encyclopedia which is quite useful esp. for those who don't actually play it, so KOTOR totally deserves one.

Kato Sai likes this.
  15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    An encyclopedia would be nice. They should have done a EU/Legends Encyclopedia before Disney decided to gut the entire Expanded Universe.

Thuro likes this.
  16. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for Orman Tagge, but this guy's recap of playing through KOTOR II is thorough and entertaining. It's a lot of reading, though, so you'd need some time to get all the way through it.

Oh, TOR. So easy to sink my life into you. And I haven't even done a DS story yet.

17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I liked that recap a lot.

18. Orman Tagge

Apr 10, 2014
    Does anybody know when/in what book or comic or whatever the whole Vitiate and Sith Empire plotline is resolved? When does the Empire even fall? Is it a part of the game?

19. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    It's not yet resolved in the game afaik. Otherwise the game would be over, basically :p

20. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Orman Tagge, While I defer to Rebecca_Daniels wisdom on the matter, I think there will be no comics to conclude KOTOR/TOR matters because Dark Horse Comics is no more. :(

21. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Marvel could still, potentially, do comics to finish off the story. Of course, that presumes they do finish off the story naturally.

One must remember we don't know the status of the entire KOTOR mythos yet.

22. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    We do, actually. SWTOR has officially been branded Legends, and therefore all the associated KOTOR pieces would have to be as well. But SWTOR continues, so once the game has reached the end of its life, maybe they'll do a comic series to wrap up the storylines. [face_dunno] Likely will depend on the interest in wrapping up Legends storylines in general.

Kato Sai likes this.
  23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    You may find my "lack of faith disturbing," but I sincerely doubt that Marvel or any other comic company with wrap up the KOTOR Legacy. The most I think we can hope for is a book by a fan of KOTOR/TOR.

24. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I'm betting on it getting wrapped up either in-game or generally by Bioware/EA. They've already hinted in-game at one point (in what I've played and I haven't come close to playing all storylines) that the Empire is in decline, so they might as well finish it off themselves when the time comes. I'd prefer that to a novel or comics, honestly.

25. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I'll just leave this here.

No idea how legit it is...but this is a legit website sooo...one can hope I guess? Licensing issues lead me to believe it isn't...but...

I WANT TO BELIEVE. :p