main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Rats.

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Time to take my shell-shocked Hypno back through Victory Road's caves for his immersion therapy, and to catch a male Hydreigon.

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Just had a wonderful evening meeting up with an old grad school friend and her family for dinner, then watching fireworks at the park afterward. I don't know how long it's been since I've seen actual fireworks, so that was a real treat, though the best part was chatting and catching up. Tomorrow we're off on a little family weekend jaunt to the charming, artsy, historical town of Mineral Point.

Kahara and K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku like this.
  4. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Sounds like a lovely summer evening, Findswoman! Tomorrow my family is doing the usual backyard fireworks display with mortars and all sorts of cool stuff (my parents have a huge back yard). One of our little traditions is that, as twilight falls prior to the fireworks, we take the previous year's Christmas tree and set it on fire.

Kahara and K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku like this.
  5. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    We eat food, mostly. And watch fireworks that are miles away. :p

6. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'll end up watching the fireworks that are miles away. Otherwise, I have absolutely nothing planned.

Kahara likes this.
  7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Tomorrow evening I will be dry walling my bathroom with my uncle! Fun! (I am really grateful he's doing this all for me, but he's doing it between his other jobs, so it's taking much longer than expected, not that I mind, I still have a place to sleep at my mom's place, but living in my half-packed state is rather annoying).

Anyways, I got my own personal fireworks display on Tuesday - our neighbor was setting them off for Canada day and I was one of the few brave enough to put up with the pesky Mosquitoes for the show and now I'm paying for it. If you'll be outside, learn from my mistake: REMEMBER BUG SPRAY!

Kahara likes this.
  8. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Nah, bring on the bloodsuckers. :p

That and I don't have bug spray.

And my PTSD-suffering Hypno's immersion therapy through Victory Road is going swimmingly. He can shrug off Explosions now. Soon, he'll be less this and more this. Second image not mine.

9. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Prior to working in a burn unit I would have said that sounds like fun... now it just sounds somewhat horrifying. The things I've seen have made me very paranoid about bonfires and home fireworks (among a few other things). Please be careful!

I'm working all weekend, so nothing fun for me other than seeing the results of people drinking and playing with explosives.

And on that happy note... Happy 4th of July (to those it applies)!

Goodwood and Kahara like this.
  10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Happy 4th of July!

[​IMG]

Gemma, jcgoble3 and Kahara like this.
  11. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I am mesmerized by that gif... so pretty.

jcgoble3 and Revanfan1 like this.
  12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    My Hypno can shrug off Graveler explosions and deal with them in hordes. He's a bit overconfident with Dragon types, so when we were trying to catch some extra Dragon Pokemon for Wonder Trade, this usually happens to Hypno:

[​IMG]

Wi-Phi, Goodwood and Revanfan1 like this.
  13. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Well, we had our Fourth of July christmas tree burn and fireworks display. I successfully filmed the burn, as chaotic as it was, and wow what a sight to see. Now to find a spot to upload it...perhaps YouTube but maybe Vemio instead.

Thoughts?

14. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Revanfan1 Thanks for that beautiful picture of the fireworks. I didn't get out tonight to see any so that was nice to see. I heard a lot of the action but saw none of the results.

Kahara and Revanfan1 like this.
  15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    YouTube, because you can embed the video here.

16. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    That's the thing, I don't have a google account either.

Stupid google wanting more clicks and stats.

17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Then get one.

18. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
  19. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Then why did you present an option when you didn't want to use YouTube to begin with? Use Vimeo, then. If you don't have an account, you'll need to get one. If you already have an account, why did you bother to ask about YouTube? If you just wanted to complain about Google, then do so elsewhere and stop wasting our time with a pointless question.

I gave you my suggestion. You asked for a suggestion and I gave you mine. You mention not having an account, which you knew going in that you needed, so I said to get one. This is not the first time you've brought your unwillingness to get a damn Google account up. If you won't get one, then you can't use YouTube. If you can't use YouTube, then it's obviously not an option for your video upload. If it's obviously not an option, then don't pose a damn question claiming that it is when it's not!

I've spent a few days dealing with someone else shooting down every single suggestion and piece of advice I offered. I'm quite literally sick and freakin' tired of it and I am not about to deal with it here, too. Do what you want.

I'm going to go get my laundry from a broken dryer and hope it's dry. I had plans tonight and they were spoiled because of my brother's wife's insistence to be driven from York to Gettysburg so she can see her parents in the middle of the freakin' night, and my art project was interrupted because my brother needs a place to crash, and I had laundry I was doing and didn't have time to clean. Mabel was freaking out over fireworks, so I had to shut her in my bedroom while I worked in the living room. I'm going to play Pokemon and go to bed.

20. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    While I'm sorry you've had to put up with a lot of junk for the past few days (today especially), that's no reason to bite my head off. In any event, I've joined Dailymotion, and the forums allow one to embed files from there (as well as Vimeo, Facebook, Liveleak and Metacafe).

21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Mabel peed on my bed again, just after I had washed my sheets.

22. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I know this was last night, but just so it doesn't spill over into today:

Let's chill. Things have been getting a little more snippy in here and it's really not necessary. If someone is getting on your nerves, ignore them.

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I apologize for losing my temper and I make no excuses for such behavior. The next time I feel I'm on the verge of getting snippy, I'll step away from the forum for a while.

God I need a vacation.

24. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I wouldn't mind a vacation either. Been stuck in-home and in-town too long.

25. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Went to an air show today with the Blue Angels. They were good, but the Air Force F-22 Raptor Team impressed me the most. That Raptor jet went straight up in the air and then put just enough thrust to keep it from falling. That resulted in it hovering in place. It was so cool.

I brought my teenage sons. Of course we had to argue before going. My oldest wanted to wear T-shirt, shorts and Army boots to the beach. I told him to wear tennis shoes. He gives me that Napoleon Dynamite whine "Mom, gosh!'. :rolleyes: We had a good time though. He did wear the tennis shoes and ended up taking those off because it was too hot at the beach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.