main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFic Ask Me Anything ~*~ Version 3.0 Daily Questions (See list on pg 164 or 1)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    German, since I used to be somewhat conversational in it when I was a kid. I'd also like to learn Japanese so I can help with translations of stuff that either is localized terribly, or isn't localized at all.

Winter, as it's much, much, MUCH cooler. Though, spring and summer are not without their good points, as I can find more critters.

Schizophrenia is a complex mental illness that includes distortion in thinking and more well-known psychotic symptoms, such as auditory and visual hallucinations. Schizophrenia presents in various severity and the usual onset is young adult, though kids can display symptoms as well. The derivation from "split mind" is what confuses most. Schizophrenia can cause a negative or flat affect and delusions. A more common subtype, which has been changed in recent years was schizophrenia-paranoid type. This is also the subtype used in media.

Multiple personality disorder, or dissociative identity disorder, is a wholly separate condition. Symptoms include discontinuities in perception, mannerisms, dissociative states, feelings of possession, spotty memory due to dissociative states, and to close observers of the sufferer, they may present as "moody" or highly changeable. DID does not include the auditory or visual hallucinations, delusions, disorganized thinking (and/or speech), and affect that are present in schizophrenia.

I had written a very obnoxious reference list for the appropriate articles on Wookieepedia, along with a similarly-obnoxious ref list and BTS for another article, schizoid personality disorder.

To clear that one up now, schizoid personality disorder is as far removed from schizophrenia as cats are to iguanas. Those with schizoid personality disorder are often described as loners. They have no desire for interpersonal contact and may maintain a small circle of very close friends.

1. I always pictured a amalgam of Middle Eastern architecture and Chinese. Lots of temples.

2. Findsmen are often employed abroad as bounty hunters, security agents, bodyguards, scouts, navigators... They can fill a wide range of roles.

Supper. Gives me an excuse to order out.

Zuckuss, though I'm a skootch too tall.

Gamiel and Findswoman like this.
  2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014

If it's only by a skootch, then by all means go for it. :D

Have you met anyone from these boards in person, and where? I feel like I've seen a photo of you and Goodwood somewhere on one of the wiki pages; when did you and he meet in person?

3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I have a photo of Trak and me from Celebration VI, with a Wookiee towering over both of us. I'll hold off on posting it here until Trak gives the OK for it.

Trak: What was your favorite part of Celebration VI?

4. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Quite a few people from here, as I had gone to CVI and met people from Wookieepedia and TFN. Heck, the TFN booth was pretty much right behind us.

Post it, post it, post it! :D

Favorite part? All of it. I had never been to a Celebration before and it was just so much more vast and awesome. I was able to at least speak with Lucasfilm's art director, despite the review not panning out.

jcgoble3 and Findswoman like this.
  5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Might I ask exactly whom? Or at least a partial list? :D

6. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Here ya go:

[​IMG]

Gamiel and Findswoman like this.
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What do you think of the lovecraftian elements we have seen in SW?
    Any special part of the lovecraftian world that you would like to use?

8. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    What's your favorite question that's been asked by Gamiel so far? ;)

9. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    jSarek, Havac, Aardavenport, I might've met a few others here, but attaching usernames to faces isn't working. Jello did stop by, but I was either too dense or busy to notice. Souderwan had the room I was staying in.

Well, Abeloth was decent, but I think there should be more things that which cannot be described. As for the second question, I just covered that one in my comment on things that which cannot be described. Also, people going mad. You can never have enough of people going mad. Dream invasion is another good aspect of cosmic horror to have.

Architecture and cultural aspects.

10. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    How long have you has Mabel, and what other cats have you had before her?

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Would you ever want to go on a cruise, and to where?

12. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I've had Mabel for a little over a year. Before her were the strays at my grandma's, and the cats I had growing up. I had a lot of cats, particularly Blizzard, who lived to be 21.

Yes, and to Antarctica.

Can't say that I have.

Findswoman likes this.
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Most gands we see either have the spacer look or are dressed in findsmen robes, how do you image the everyday garbs of normal gands?

15. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    How long have you done costuming and cosplaying, and what have some of your notable costumes been thus far?

16. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Would you be willing to jump out of a perfectly good airplane (skydiving)?

17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Nehru jackets and loose-fitting pants. Otherwise, they'd wear what's required for a job (if the job has uniforms), and offworld Gands would most likely dress similarly to what locals wear.

Years. Years and years. My first serious attempt back when I was in elementary school was to make Stargate masks from construction paper. For my first anime convention, I cosplayed as Quickman. That costume was one of my first duct tape projects. My brother and I had also made our first xenomorph costume at that time, but it wasn't really good and it stayed at home. I cosplayed as Speedy Dave from Megaman Battle Network 2 for Otakon, as I had the right hair length at the time.

For Horrorfind Weekend, we resurrected the xenomorph and rebuilt it completely from scratch in about two weeks. I cosplayed at Horrorfind and spent an inordinate amount of time posing for photos. It took me five minutes to get through a door. I also won first place in the Novice Homemade category of the costume contest and was on-stage with Bruce Campbell. That costume is remembered the most by people at Horrorfind.

I have a number of partially-built costumes and costume pieces lying around currently, with plans to finally finish off an Imperial officer's uniform (I have the hat), and eventually I'd like to finish my Greedo costume (I have the mask and boots). I have an articulated werewolf mask I wore for a last-minute Halloween costume and I've since added gloves and a tail to it. And then there's my Hypno hoodie and gold leather goblin mask, which I plan to wear to this year's Horrorfind. I intend to finish that costume with a few extra pieces and go as a very stylized goblin Hypno.

I'd love to. It's on my bucket list.

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  18. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    First of all, I should say I'm really enjoying your interview so far, Trak. Fascinating answers!

What else, if I may ask, is on your bucket list?

19. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Would you rather have a lightsaber or a starfighter?

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Do you read/write in other fandoms, and which?

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do you listen to podcasts? If yes, have you listened to Edgar Allan Poecast, the Double Shadow and/or the H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast?
    When they dress up do they were something differently or do they dress in the same way, just finer quality?

22. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    If you could only have one Force power, what would it be?

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Swim with dolphins, visit various countries, see a tornado (not on TV, either. I want to actually see one.), partake in a paranormal investigation (not as part of a tour group like Gettysburg Paranormal does), swim with stingrays (already visited touch tanks, now I'd like to get in the water with them), and the rest are just career aspirations.

Starfighter, because it can take me places. A lightsaber is a weapon and a prop, and I can't use it for travel. Besides, everyone and their mother's cat has one.

I used to read and write in the Megaman fandom for a while, along with Starfox fics, and Pokemon fics. I dip back into other fandoms from time to time when my muse dies.

1. I occasionally listen to Darkness Radio.

2. Figured this one out for a vignette; for findsmen ceremonies and other such formal events, they'd wear elaborate silk robes and similar trappings to formal Hindi garb.

Haven't figured out what the layman Gand would wear. But, they do look good in tuxedos and longcoats.

Very strong telekinesis, as it's very versatile.

24. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Have you been to Europe?

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Have you read anything by Manly Wade Wellman?
    I can recommend all three of those podcasts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.