main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Who does Obi-Wan love more

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Forbidden Love and Death, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Forbidden Love and Death

Forbidden Love and Death Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2014
    In the episode The Lawless Obi-Wan was nearly in tears when Satine died. In the story Loss of a Friend he nearly turned to the dark side. Now he fought with both of them a lot but who do you think he loved more?

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Hard to say when it's a totally different kind of love like that.

Seerow likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Loss of a Friend?

4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah, this...I have like no idea what this guy's talking about. :confused:

5. Forbidden Love and Death

Jul 3, 2014
    First of all I am a girl not a guy. Second if you don't believe me read this

Loss of an old friend

Later Kenobi was reunited with Siri Tachi when they teamed up with Skywalker and Padmé Amidala to acquire a special codebreaker on the planetGenian. The Separatists were also after the important codebreaking mechanism invented by Talesan Fry, whom Tachi and Kenobi had met twenty years earlier in a mission to protect him from bounty hunters. Fry was now the founder of a very wealthy business on Genian, a world that remained neutral during the war. Reuniting with Fry brought back old memories to Kenobi and Tachi of the feelings that they once had for each other. After convincing Fry to give the device to the Republic, they were attacked by someone else from the past, the bounty hunter Magus, who had killed Fry's parents.[20]
    Fry accompanied the Jedi and Senator Amidala to Azure, where the Republic was fighting off more Separatists. While Kenobi, Skywalker, and Fry fought off the attack led by Magus (who was working for the Corporate Alliance), Tachi and Amidala took a starfighter of their own to go after Magus himself. Upon reaching Magus' starfighter, Tachi made a desperate leap and landed on it. She was able to break into his ship and fight him off, which resulted in the ship's crash landing, but in the process she was shot by Magus.[20]
    Kenobi found Tachi and tried to save her, but she stopped him knowing she was dying. Tachi handed him the blue warming crystal she had from that earlier mission together, telling Kenobi that she would always be with him, and then passed on. Her death devastated Kenobi, bringing him close to the dark side as he held his lightsaber blade to Magus' throat. However, he regained control, sparing the merciless bounty hunter. Skywalker thought this indicated that Kenobi did not truly love Tachi, because he couldn't imagine not avenging Amidala's death, had she died. Kenobi later realized he had learned to love with an open heart, a lesson Jinn had long tried to teach him. He could live with losing Tachi.[20]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    OK. The book is Secrets of the Jedi. I actually own the book, but I don't care for Jude Watson and I've only read it through once.

The answer to your question is "I don't know." Love is hard to quantify. The stories are very different.

I prefer Obi-Wan/Satine, although I didn't care for Satine in season 5.

7. Forbidden Love and Death

Jul 3, 2014

You just love making people feel bad. Thanks for your smart answer. It's already bad enough you made my sister feel like and idiot. [face_phbbbbt]

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm sorry being corrected about a title bothers you that much.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  9. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Forbidden Love and Death, I'm sorry, didn't know you were a girl. Didn't mean anything by that. As for what you're referring to, whether Obi-Wan loved Satine or Siri more, I'll have to agree with anakinfansince1983 in that love is hard to quantify–you can't say "I loved her more than her." It's not like that. You can love two different people with romantic feelings but have it be two different kinds of love. With Siri, I think Obi-Wan loved her fire, her passion, her drive for being a Jedi–while with Satine I think it was her idealism, her willingness to take a stand. You can't really say that he loved one more than the other. And I don't think she meant to insult you or make you feel bad at all. I'm not exactly sure how she made your sister feel like an idiot, but I'm sure she didn't intend it.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  10. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I prefer Siri. I never liked "I am a Pacifist" Satine.

Plus I feel like Satine is somewhat of a copy of Siri. I mean yes, they're careers and personalities are different. But they both have a history with Obi-Wan when they were younger. Also they both have blonde hair and blue eyes.

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    So here's how fried my brain apparently is. My post above was about Obi-Wan's response to losing Satine versus Anakin, which for some inexplicable reason is what I thought the OP was about. That was a Rick Perry moment. Oops!

cwustudent, Seerow, mes520 and 2 others like this.
  12. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Too funny. But that works too. After all, Obi-Wan did love Anakin and Satine in different ways. Very different. [face_laugh]

13. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

Sure he did ;)

cwustudent likes this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Well, there's fan fiction about that too. [face_whistling]

cwustudent likes this.
  15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Satine obviously

16. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    It was Dex of course. You can't deny that tight embrace in AOTC.

17. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Siri is not canon. Satine is. So clearly Siri never existed, therefore Obi-Wan has only loved Satine! :D

Toonimator and cwustudent like this.
  18. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    At most Obi-Wan Kenobi loved Asajj Ventress. He only didn't know about. ;) But she never told him nor did she ask Kenobi about leaving the Jedi Order. Just as didn't Satine. Thus Satine ended up torn apart from Kenobi and Savage put her on his giant shoulders to bring her to his brother. While Ventress was beaten up severily by the same Savage while she was able to save Kenobi from the Zabrak-brothers.

SateleNovelist11 and mes520 like this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Now we're talking. :D

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  20. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Now I suddenly would have liked a scene with Ventress and Satine meeting and having some dialogue about their relationship with Obi-Wan; that would have been interesting.

21. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    And I would like a scene Anakin or better Ahsoka handing back the two lightsabers to Ventress after they had been stolen by insidious Bariss Offee (uff - never liked that cloaked witch even before I saw the crucial TCW-episode about her treason) . And I would like to see a deeper encounter between Dooku and Maul, just like from apprentice to apprentice in "Son of Dathomir". That would be interesting to watch how the almost eternal Prince Charles of the Sith is discussing some issues with vibrant uprising Maul instead of just interrogating him while throwing some force-lightening upon him while Maul was in Sidious' custody.

Whow! Love with an open heart! Thus there was still enough place there for Ventress I guess.[face_laugh]

22. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Bah! Gah! Urk! *coughspithack* Enough of that talk! [face_sick] Stop kneeling before Zod Disney!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  23. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I prefer Satine anyway so I'm happy to consider Siri non-canon, though I'm not going to frown upon those who still want to consider her canon and who Obi-Wan loves more, just as long as those people accept that I prefer Satine :)

Iron_lord and Darth Valkyrus like this.
  24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Satine doesn't have the same charm as Siri but I would like to see Ventress and Satine meet.

25. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    Siri is cannon! She's on my Ipad!