main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Fate of the Clones

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by themetresgained, May 18, 2014.

1. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    You are right Trebor Sabreon we should be getting this kind of info from Filoni himself. The frustration is that those who get to interview him either skip over these sorts of questions or are told not to ask them due to the focus on Rebels. In fact, for the WonderCon Rebels panel, they let folks submit questions in the comments section of a Starwars.com blog post. I looked at all of them and about 75% were asking about Clone Wars untold stories. Not a single one was asked, all the questions that were picked were related to Rebels, so they are controlling the message. Dave is always cool about answering stuff and engaging the fans, but it looks like Lucasfilm is putting up embargos. I think it would be good to keep pushing these through when possible, it wouldn't be in their best interest to ignore it if there is enough interest there.

Oh, and to your other question, it wasn't announced yet officially that there will be a SDCC panel for Star Wars, but it's widely believed that Rebels will have a presence there. Filoni has come out for that often when it came to Clone Wars, and since he made it out for Celebration and WonderCon, it's likely he'll be there. But they may control all discussion to be Rebels related.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    You make a good point there.

With that in mind, maybe a question could be framed as Rebels-related, then?

"Hey Dave, if any clones appeared in Rebels, would they now be in their sixties, or does the age acceleration thing stop at adulthood?"

Maybe something like that could get through? [face_dunno]

3. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yup, I like your creativity there, if there is a Q&A opportunity that would be a good one. I would even be as bold to mention specific clones like Rex, Wolffe, and Fox.

With your talk of Rebels you reminded me of how Pablo H talked a bit about clones in the Rebels show in his NYCC panel last year. He said almost all were volunteers now, but that some old clones could show up as hardened commanders or something. But then he was quick to say that this was just background for their premise that they got from GL's concepts and it wouldn't actually be explored in the show. So we will probably only get generic no name troops without personality. Makes the show sound very superficial.

4. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I won't be there in attendance, but who knows? Maybe someone reading this who will be there and who is curious enough about it could give it a shot? :)

Well, that's disappointing. I remember when we first heard about the "clones training the new recruits" thing, I was hopeful that it was something which would be explored on the series, at least to some degree. I think it's fertile ground.

Especially if it were someone the likes of Rex, Cody or Wolffe. They'd be perfect.

Oh, and if any of them were to appear in Rebels (and I really hope Rex, at least, will, in one form or another), we'd indirectly get an answer to our question about growth acceleration, too, wouldn't we? ;)

Revanfan1, Watto and Sgt Crowfield like this.
  5. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013
    I like to think that Rex was this guy

6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Not the most interesting thing they could do but I honestly wouldn't be opposed to it. He was still a clone after all, not to troll the clone fans.

7. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    No Jaig eyes, I'm not buying it :p

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I used to kinda approve of Rex being the clone trooper sitting in the chair in the Jedi Council Room with his helmet off head in his hand (wish I could find that artwork) but not so much now.

9. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I'm not sure I remember which picture you're referring to, See'.

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

I'm managed to find it.

[​IMG]

11. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
    Rex or not, that picture is heartbreaking.

12. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Seerow

Thanks!

I'd never seen that one before. I hope the original artist doesn't mind, but I was inspired to try to "Rex" it up a bit:

[​IMG]

It was a quick work, but as you can see, I tried to give our mystery member of the 501st a blonde hair-do and I re-worked the helmet, giving it more of a T-visor, and Jaig eyes to boot. It's a little dark to make out, but I added a rangefinder, as well.

So, maybe this could be Rex's fate?

13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Where is that picture from originally?

14. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    There's a credit in the bottom-left of the picture.

15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Oh. Didn't see that. That's cool. Thanks.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  16. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Oof. Right in the feels.

gracesonnet and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  17. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Yeah, put any old member of the 501st in the picture and it's certainly interesting. It stirs something, no question.

But make it Rex and it kind of grabs you right "there," doesn't it? Tugs at the ol' heartstrings. =((

gracesonnet likes this.
  18. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    He could just be exhausted from killing Jedi and just end of battle tired. The Clones were like robots, whatever bits of humanity and individuality in them wouldve been erased via their biochip activation.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    They were like robots but could bleed and feel things. do we know for a fact that is what the case is or if they just revert back to there old selfs just knowing they killed jedi.

20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Your guess is as good as mine. I would say they did not care as they're soldiers obeying orders, programmed to a brainwash trance-like state to obey , and likely fed propaganda and false formation framing the Jedi thus justifying their actions. I did like the Battlefront dialogue with Temuera Morrison's voice over explaining the prelude and aftermath of Order 66, not to keen on them erasing the near entire EU the way they did but its not my show.

21. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    After giving it some thought I can picture any of the following fates for Rex:

1. He takes what Fives told him in the Order 66 arc to heart and tries to get his inhibitor chip removed. Afterwards he deserts the Republic and decides to live on another system like Cut did. Maybe he lives alone or maybe he finds someone to live with. Either way would be fine with me.

2. He delves deeper into the whole Order 66 thing, Sidious finds out about it, and has him assassinated for it.

3. He heroically sacrifices himself during a Separatist onslaught.

4. He initially remains loyal to the 501st and the Republic/Empire but after some time he begins to doubt the Empire's rule and then later witnesses an event horrible enough to convince him that Empire is not good. So he either deflects, joins a Rebel cell, or helps the Rebels but is killed in the process.

22. XJapanRoX

XJapanRoX Official Star Wars Artist star 2 VIP

Dec 5, 2004
    I know it's totally unofficial, but some of you know that I and a large team of artists are creating a (free, of course) web comic wrapping up all of the Clone Wars storylines. It is 100% just our own take on what we think would/should happen with these characters. The 22(!) vignette scripts are about to be handed off to the team of 15 artists this weekend, and we'll have it done as soon as possible. Anyway, our take on Rex will be one of the highlights of the anthology. For anyone interested, we'll be creating a blog specifically to keep people up to speed on the project's progress, as well as give sneak peaks at some of the artwork.

Sorry to promote it here, but I noticed a lot of people bummed about the whole thing. I like to think a big fan collaboration project is better than nothing! :D I'm really excited about it, and I hope you guys will be too.

[​IMG]

Seerow, credar, Sgt Crowfield and 5 others like this.
  23. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    XJapanRoX

Nice! Are you guys basing your scripts off of what we know was originally planned (Boba/Bane, Bad Batch, Return to Mon Cala, etc.), or are the stories all original? Either way, I'm definitely excited. :D

XJapanRoX likes this.
  24. XJapanRoX

XJapanRoX Official Star Wars Artist star 2 VIP

Dec 5, 2004
    Thanks! Some of them, we definitely wanted to include. We took all the concept art into consideration when deciding who we wanted to focus on. Two of them we based entire vignettes on, and one of them we incorporated into a minor vignette. A big reason we're only finishing the scripts now is because we wanted to hold off on stuff that might have been contradicted by the Lost Missions and Son of Dathomir, but we're finally feeling confident that enough of the content has been released that our work won't contradict anything (at least now...hopefully Rebels doesn't steamroll any of it! hahaha). Sorry to be so vague, but we worked really hard to make these stories work, so I'd hate to ruin the surprises.

I will tease one concrete thing, though: Echo from the concept art will be a big part of Rex's story. :)

25. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I look forward to XJapanRoX and the team's work.

But it looks as though, if they are doing Ventress, at least, they will soon have some competition (in the form of a 2015 canon novel sourced from the planned TCW Ventress/Qunilan Vos arc).

Now, the reason I mention this here is that Filoni and co. have hinted that these canon tales may well not stop at Ventress, but eventually explore other characters, as well:

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-clone-wars-season-7-ventress-novel/

Finishing one character’s story is a nice dose of fan service, but Filoni went on to explain that potential novels wrapping up the arcs of even more cast members could be even more faithfully executed than one might think:
    “We had so many stories planned with George [Lucas] on Clone Wars… and I don’t think this is too much of a giveaway: if we do decide to make a book based on those characters, oftentimes the kernel of the idea will come from scripts that George and I wrote with the writing team. We have production art, environments, backgrounds, spaceships, character details.
    “In some cases… this is a bit of a giveaway… but, in some cases we shot a bunch of stuff that never got animated. But it was all shot proxy, so I can sit someone down and they can actually watch it on some rudimentary level.”
    It’s worth pointing out that Filoni was speaking in hypothetical terms, but with the company already investing in a single novel based on a Clone Wars character, it’s not strange to think that more could follow.

So, I mean, I've long said that I want more Rex. Plain and simple.

And although, yes, I'd absolutely prefer he show up in Rebels or in some other on-screen vehicle, the bottom line is just that: As a fan, I want more Rex.

If a novel/series of novels (maybe even based upon unfinished TCW scripts) is the only way to get it (and especially if a Rex novel shows us what ultimately becomes of Rex during Order 66/into the Empire years)? Yeah, sign me up.

So, what do you guys and gals think about potentially seeing ol' CT-7567 back in action again, but this time, in book-form?

1. No thank you. It's on-screen or nothing!
    2. Very intriguing. Rex could be even better on the printed page.
    3. I'd have preferred TV/film, but I'll take him any way I can get him.

Sgt Crowfield and XJapanRoX like this.