main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Silver Swarms of Ships *RELOADED* [Dear Diary 2014] Diary Complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Goodwood, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Pilot log, entry fifty-seven, 3957.1.3 BBY

We lost.

After all the time I've spent in the cockpit, shooting and getting shot at, swirling about the stars amid swarms of enemy ships, I've learned that it's easy to get fixated on so many things: the target in your scope, the few enemy ships amidst your squadron, the smaller currents of a larger battle, or the single-minded purpose of a sole-unit action. It is such an easy thing, thus, to perceive victory when elsewhere in space, everything falls apart. CruRon 17 could do no wrong as we punched our way through the gateway system, vaping Sith interceptors before they could get too close, isolating and destroying or disabling those few capital ships that contested our push, finally pulverizing the supply depot and dockyard and then the third planet's garrison outpost on our way out.

That was our job, however, and once it was completed we were ordered back to the fighting at Foless, where we reverted at the edge of the system in order to try and ambush the enemy laying siege to that world. That fight was a bit more hairy, if only because many more enemy ships were involved; however, we did catch them by surprise and a number of Sith capitals were annihilated by the combined firepower still at our command. It was in the wake of that attack, the fulfilling of our secondary objective, that we (by which I mean the cruisers' captains and squadron commanding officers) learned the truth: the force that had followed us in and through to Yag'Dhul ran into a veritable ferrocrete wall of enemy reinforcements. We're still getting reports from trailing elements, so it will be a while until a full accounting of the battle is assembled. Tthe gist of it is this: for all intents and purposes, the 3rd Battle Group is a broken force.

Thank the Force I wasn't there to see it, because I know what would have come about as a result: I would have thrown myself and the 23rd Marines into the thick of the maelstrom and none of us would've come out of it alive. And we would have done so cheerfully, without remorse, because that was the kind of unit we were becoming. During the debrief I laid it all out for them, first praising them for their skill and courage during our part, but also delivering the news of the ongoing, but soon-to-be over fighting at Yag'Dhul in the blunt, no-holds-barred style I had fallen into. In the words of Rickard Whipstaff, "Clean thy sword upon its even retirement, for a weapon left bloody is useless in victory as in defeat."

After the dismissal, I called Lieutenant Thioro to my office to deliver a warning of things to come. He appeared, grim-faced as usual, and we exchanged salutes, whereupon I told him that it was more than likely he would get his own squadron in a matter of days. He started to protest, but I told him that there was no refusal, unless he would be willing to bust himself to ensign—and even then, he would be out of the 23rd. Taken aback, all he could ask was "Why?"

"Because there's no room for two COs in a single squadron," I said rather gentler than I had initially intended. "San, you are a terrific flyer and a natural leader, and after the events of the past two days, the Marines are damn sure going to need their best veteran pilots where they can do the most good. If there's something you want to get off your chest, do it now, because I can guarantee that wherever you're going, you won't have anyone but yourself to blame. A leader cares for his troops, but he cannot confide in them; you can be their friend, but ultimately, you're the one who's going to order them to their deaths."

Perhaps it was my warning, or perhaps it was the news of the defeat at Yag'Dhul so fresh in our minds that propelled him, but finally the Corellian came clean. It seems that he had fought during the second Battle of Althir, near the close of the Mandalorian Wars, and had been the only pilot in his unit to blanch at what he had perceived as an immoral order to strafe a concentration of enemy troops who had been rendered utterly defenseless by unclear means. As a result, he had been transferred out of the Mandalorian front and into the 27th, stationed on the other side of the galaxy. As it happened, the rest of his squadron had been part of the blocking force at Malachor V, one of the only Marine units involved, and had been utterly destroyed as a result. San blamed himself, both for balking at orders and getting his unit placed at the forefront of an apocalyptic battle while he was light years away.

I told him flat out that he had made the right call, and that there was no way he could have known that those he had served under would turn against the Republic he had sworn to defend. I also told him that the Republic doesn't want soldiers and pilots who blindly follow orders, as demonstrated by our leaders and flag officers when they continuously ask us for input on important matters, and pointing out that it was only the Sith who expected unquestioning obedience and loyalty even when such obedience would guarantee senseless death. Thankfully, San Thioro seemed to brighten up a fraction as he took such information in. "We sure gave them a pasting, despite what happened elsewhere," he surmised.

"Indeed we did, and we will do it again eventually," I told him. "Think about what I said for a while, and reflect on what you've gone through since I took over. I think you'll find you may be more prepared for command than you may have thought possible."

It's not exactly the best way to ring in the new year; hell, if the rest of it proceeds like the first two days, we're in for some very hard times. However, there is some perspective to be gained here, I feel; though we ultimately failed to take the Givin homeworld away from the Sith, they didn't exactly come off easy. From what I understand based on what information has passed through my hands, the only reason they were able to hold was by sheer weight of numbers. Nobody on our side could have predicted that over a hundred Interdictor-class warships stood in defense of that planet, bolstered by reinforcements from nearby Fondor, but then nobody on their side could have predicted 3rd Battle Group's improvised tactic of driving a wedge right through the thickest enemy formation, forcing those attempting to close the gap into Yag'Dhul's notoriously-unstable and unpredictable magnetic field and destroying or disabling them. It was a brilliant tactical maneuver by all accounts, and it saved many thousands of lives and a large number of our ships.

Now we've just got to secure Foless, and prevent the Sith from taking over there.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Intense action and I hope they can keep Foless away from the Sith

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Well, fingers crossed that things will go better for them at Foless than at Yag'Dhul, but war is, of course, hell. It's interesting to finally find out about the mysterious San Thioro; kudos to Chak for being sympathetic and supportive to him. San definitely has it in him to turn his past trials into future triumphs.

4. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Pilot log, entry fifty-eight, 3957.1.12 BBY

With the arrival of the surviving elements of the 3rd Battle Group in the Foless system two days after its near-disastrous battle with the massed Sith armada at Yag'Dhul, it was a relatively simple matter for our forces there to eradicate the remaining enemy forces and secure the system. That notwithstanding, a not insignificant portion of Sith ground troops needed to be cleared out, but with the world effectively interdicted, it was a simple matter of identifying lingering pockets of resistance and raining turbolaser fire down on them from orbit. It wasn't worth losing more troops or starfighters cleaning them out the old fashioned way.

In the week-long lull since, a proper accounting of the campaign was made. Of the ninety-odd ships that participated in the overall operation, one of CruRon 17's Axehead-class cruisers was nearly lost and the Hammerhead-class vessel Polearm took light damage during the initial breaching run. At Yag'Dhul itself, nearly a third of the attacking force was destroyed or severely damaged, with the admiral in command having to abandon his flagship in a shuttle on the way out once most of the survivors were able to make the jump to hyperspace. Though the operation ultimately was a failure and the system we did take will soon have to be abandoned, we made the Sith pay for every ship and crew they took out. Our squadron of ships and fighters accounted for two enemy cruisers destroyed and another dead in space, with hundreds of starfighters destroyed (everyone in the 23rd got at least five kills) and the rest of the occupying space forces withdrawing in disarray. The main fleet action at Yag'Dhul saw an estimated fifteen enemy cruisers suffering varying degrees of damage, with another twenty-five plus being destroyed outright, either by massed turbolaser fire from the flying wedge the 3rd formed as it pierced the enemy vanguard, or chased into the treacherous conditions around the Givin homeworld. It is estimated that as many as a thousand interceptors were vaped, to the loss of around fifty Aureks.

Such was the picture as I was able to gleam from an "eyes only" report that was circulated among the squadron's commanders.

I don't know if the Republic will make another push on Yag'Dhul or not, and frankly I don't care; if we do and the 23rd is sent, then of course we'll go. I found myself in agreement with Admiral Bel Dorian when he said at the operational debrief that, for a second attempt to succeed, we first needed to either cut off the route to Fondor, homeworld to one of the largest shipyard complexes in the known galaxy, or somehow take that system outright. I suggested that if the latter were successful, we wouldn't even need to worry about the Sith around the Givin homeworld, as long as they remained cut off from resupply and reinforcement. He seemed happy that a junior fighter squadron commander was able to articulate such an opinion, even if he didn't say as much. I've come to understand that in the admiral's mind, every officer that can see the bigger picture beyond their own command is an asset to the military as a whole.

Well, as it stands right now, we're on slow rotation over Foless, awaiting our next deployment orders. Once the 3rd Battle Group limps back to Coruscant or Corellia or wherever they're heading, I expect it won't be much longer afterward until my exec is kicked up to a command of his own. San led his flight well and vaped his share of the enemy, though it seems that he has developed a habit of letting his wingman take kills for him while he keeps an eye on the rest.

With things having settled down, I'm going to scribble a note to Teish'ala and update her on my status, as well as some of the insights into command that I have garnered. Hopefully it won't be long until she has her own unit...if the brass think she has the temperament for it.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Will he meet Teish'ala soon?

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Enjoyed the straightforward clearing-things-up talk between Chak and San. Brilliant contrast between the two battles, at Yag'Dul and Foless. [face_thinking] Chak is definitely taking things in stride and he and his squad are learning vital lessons with each encounter. =D=

7. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Pilot log, entry fifty-nine, 3957.1.18 BBY

As expected, San Thioro's promotion to lieutenant commander and the new assignment due such a rank came through yesterday; he's to take over the 16th Marine Starfighter squadron, badly mauled during the Yag'Dhul action. He leaves tomorrow via shuttle to rendezvous with his new command at Corulag, where they will undergo the same sort of retraining that I did with the 18th the previous year. Upon delivering the news I warned him about Captain Toronga, though softened the blow by informing him that though she can talk and act like a tyrant at times, her operation is a strict meritocracy. He thanked me for the heads-up and promised that he would do me proud, to which I responded, "The only person you have to do proud is yourself. Succeed in that, and everything else will fall into place."

He's a good stick, in my opinion, and it's about time he took the opportunity to fulfill his potential. The other pilots are already planning a farewell party, which shows just how much they regard him.

There's a small complication that comes with his departure, however, and that is picking a replacement XO. I'm tempted to elevate one of my flight leaders to the task, but that would still leave the problem of filling out the roster, which means I'd most likely be stuck with a noob fresh from flight school that we would then have to train up to the squadron level. Though the situation here at Foless is stabilized for the moment even with the bulk of the 3rd Battle Group deployed elsewhere, the possibility of having to conduct such a thing under combat conditions isn't appealing. When I first joined the fleet I was lucky; the war hadn't quite gotten into full swing and the 23rd was part of a "reserve force" at that moment and could afford to spend time on orientation flights (that, and I wasn't the only noob at the time). We've been extremely lucky thus far, in that since I took over we haven't had a fatality though several ships have been pretty well shot up. In the end, however, I suspect the choice will soon be made for me by some Sixth Wing staff puke.

On the upside, Teish'ala wrote back. She's actually been promoted as well, to senior lieutenant, and is now the XO of the 52nd Navy after their previous exec was tapped to take over the 41st, which also got hit hard in the previous campaign. She tells me that she is quite happy in her role, and is respected as a veteran pilot and skilled tactician both. She doesn't much care for the datawork that comes with the job, rather snarkily reminding me in that special way I love so much that I had missed out on the pleasure. I know she's got the capacity to lead, and this new billet will test those capabilities; I just hope she's ready. It's only in the last few days that the oft-lamented "loneliness of command" has started to sink in...more on that later, once I further manage to figure things out.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great for San and Teish'ala. Picking a new XO etc. especially in the midst of literal combat conditions that can escalate in a blink sounds daunting indeed. Aha! So Chak is discovering the downside of command. [face_thinking] "Lonely at the top" ... doesn't have to be however. ;)

9. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Congrats to both San and Teish'ala on their promotions—I shall watch their careers with great interest (just as I'm watching Chak's). :D Chak has an interesting challenge on his plate in having to choose a new XO under these conditions—I'm looking forward to seeing what he'll come up with, mainly because I'm curious to get to know some other names and faces in this unit. :)

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    the loneliness of command. Now both Chak and Teish'ala and San too are experiencing that and the challenges. I hope he will find a new XO

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  11. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Pilot log, entry sixty, 3957.2.7 BBY

One year, sixty entries, marked by death and destruction on a hitherto unimaginable scale and the meteoric rise of a Coruscanti swoop racer to command of a fighter squadron. It would be funny if it wasn't for all the suffering going on in this galaxy, "transporting us by its currents in smug senseless simplicity" as Whipstaff would say.

During the fighting to secure Foless from the Sith it never really sank in that this world in the Colonies isn't much different than my homeworld, the galactic capital. Save for a few bits of open natural preserves and most of its original oceans, the planet is plastered with an urbane facade of skyscrapers, spacescrapers, and starhooks—the local version of tethered sub-orbital habitats. In the weeks since Republic forces drove out the last of the enemy presence, the officers and enlisted personnel of CruRon 17 and Frigate Squadron Nine (FrigRon 9, also of the 3rd Battle Group), have been granted planetside liberty in rotating shifts while our vessels undergo repairs and maintenance. For the past ten days it's been the turn of the pilots of the 23rd, sans Lieutenant Thioro obviously, and we've still got four days to go. The usual suspects have been hitting the cantinas pretty hard, enjoying the local booze as much as on any other "civilized" planet. That first night, I decided to drop in on their festivities unannounced and simply relax; unfortunately I was spotted, and there was an undertone of anxiety among the patrons that wouldn't go away. Giving up mid-drink, I paid my meager bill as unobtrusively as possible and slithered away into the night.

The holodramas did warn me, but I suppose I had to see it for myself—I'll be damned before I let drafters of fiction dictate my life.

Well, tonight marks the first anniversary of this log, though I had technically been a full Marine and officer for a a couple of weeks or so prior. In my life so far I have seen just about everything one could want, and many things any sane individual wouldn't. But if there's one lesson to be learned from all that, it's that there is no end to what can crawl out of one's imagination—or the vast abyss between stars. I'm also coming to grips with the necessity of a combat leader remaining apart from his or her troops. They have to know that I have their back, that I'll be a fair and impartial leader as well as an example to follow, but because I may have to order any or all of them to their deaths, I cannot be their friend. When my pilots go on port call and hide away in some tapcaf or whatever, they know that they are among friends, and that for those small stretches of time, ranks don't matter. I, and they, needed that kind of release in order to stay sane, to data-dump as I had learned to do so that they can go back to their posts and do their jobs with clear heads.

But when their commanding officer shows up, it all goes down the Maw. They see me and automatically assume that I'm there to ruin their fun somehow, because why else would a soldier's commanding officer show up at such a time and place, even if they're in civilian attire? I should have understood that and stayed away, but I had wanted to try and get to know my people in a more familiar setting. Well, lesson learned. San won't make that mistake, I'm sure.

While it may be lonely at the top of a fighter squadron, it's not all bad. I've found that folks in my position are popular guests at social functions hosted by more senior officers, for example the Navy Day ball that Admiral Bel Dorian put on two nights ago. I had never previously attended a formal military function, and though it wasn't the kind of party I'm used to, it wasn't dull by any means. There was some shop talk, but it stayed confined to "good times and happy remembrances," the sort of humorous anecdotes that inevitably crop up in the service (the admiral told of a prank he once played on a fellow student at War College, involving some salvaged repulsorlift coils and a microtransmitter). I ended up sharing a dance with Horseshoe's executive officer; she and I were both a little embarrassed, each for our own reasons of course, but we had a good time. After the party, I sent letters to my folks and Teish'ala that I'd been working on.

Once our leave is over, the 23rd is supposed to get new orders, though of course their nature was not discussed. I was told this at the start of our leave and chose not to pass it on to the rest, since it would only distract them from the task of blowing off steam.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    An amazing entry - brimming with realism =D= =D= Looking forward to what the new orders entail. :)

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    it can be lonely at the top but you can meet interesting things too

14. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    I like the portrayal here of the more social, interpersonal challenges faced by Chak as CO of the 23rd. A born leader he is for sure, but even born leaders have moments of difficulty and awkwardness from time to time. Which is totally to be expected, and a smart fellow like Chak always learns from such situations.

I can't remember: is the Horseshoe XO someone we've met before? And the prank with the coils and the microtransmitter sounds intriguing indeed...

Looking forward to finding out about the forthcoming new orders... sounds like more challenges are on the way for Chak and his unit.

15. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Yes, though she hasn't been identified by name; she gives Chak his squadron orders when they're received from the brass, among her other duties.

16. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Pilot log, entry sixty-one, 3957.2.12 BBY

With the conclusion of our leave (a relaxing affair for everyone involved, I might add), the 23rd got its orders—which were definitely outside of what I was expecting. We are to be transported by Horseshoe to Ciutric IV, in the system of the same name situated not far outside the former Kanz Sector. The notes I was given, further elaborated upon by my own search through Republic archives, led me to brief the other pilots as to just what kind of posting to expect and what our likely mission would be: namely, to be on the lookout for any attempts by the Sith to intervene in the civil war that gripped the worlds of the renamed Argazdan Redoubt. Reports at the time of our departure were still sketchy, and to me it seems just as likely that the Myrialites, the instigators of the conflict, may themselves attempt to seek help from Darth Revan's forces. Whatever way it happened, it would definitely be a bad thing and yet another distraction that the Republic's military forces don't need and cannot afford.

I'm also told that my new exec will be waiting for us there, though how that came to be I've no idea. Perhaps we're relieving another squadron and one of their pilots stayed behind to fill that slot. In any case, we'll be billeted on the planet itself, most likely sending out patrol circuits much like we did when the 18th was stationed on Corulag. I can only surmise that this new posting is a result of having spent so many months on the front lines—which is fine for my people but not really my first choice of assignments. Our host vessel has already left CruRon 17 behind, and I'm told by her exec, Lieutenant Commander Mara Juliso (remind me to log names as soon as they are relevant, that one's been absent too long as it is), that the trip out will take another three weeks. It's a very remote sector, after all!

Speaking of Mara, ever since our dance at the Navy Day ball on Foless she's been making eyes at me, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. The signals aren't nearly as overt as Teish'ala's had been, and like the Twi'lek, I doubt she realized that I was able to spot her tells. When our respective business brings us together Mara maintains her professionalism well enough, which is somewhat of a relief for me if we're going to be spending another twenty or so days in hyperspace together. As narcissistic as this may sound, I hope she doesn't decide to try and pursue me, because apparently Horseshoe herself is to remain on-station at Ciutric as part of the planetary garrison force. While she's far from unattractive, things could get...awkward...if that were to happen.

I don't expect there will be a whole lot to write about until we arrive at our destination, but I'm not going to just sit around all day and neither will my pilots. We're going to continue to hit the sims, and I'm going to make it my personal mission to bone up on fleet tactics and starship operations.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
    Thumper09 windu4 Nyota's Heart earlybird-obi-wan TrakNar Findswoman Diary_Challenge_Sock

17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Looks like this new mission will indeed present challenges ahead for Chak on a variety of levels! The business with his new XO waiting for him at Ciutric IV seems a little mysterious (but maybe that kind of thing happens from time to time in the Republic—and/or real life—military?). And fingers crossed that he'll be able to keep his cool around Mara Juliso...

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a new love interest and a new exec Chak is sure in for some interesting times

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, and her name's Mara too LOL Nice!

20. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Pilot log, entry sixty-two, 3957.3.2 BBY

With less than a week to go on our long trip, Horseshoe ran afoul of a Sith interdictor cruiser on the final leg out from Ord Biniir. The officers and crew, along with myself and the other pilots were caught flat-footed, and probably the only thing that saved us was the fact that we weren't the enemy warship's initial victims. Yanked out of hyperspace almost directly behind another Republic cruiser, Commander Juliso had the watch, and had the presence of mind to scramble our fighters before opening fire on the Sith vessel and drawing their attention, and we were able to launch in near-record time. It was as the 23rd slammed into the trailing element of Sith interceptors after coming around the back end of the combat zone that I felt a familiar sensation in the back of my mind.

It was the work of half a moment to confirm that the identity of the second friendly cruiser was indeed Endar Spire, which put the truth behind the scuttlebutt going around that this was Bastilla Shan's own little "flagship." What it was doing out in the middle of nowhere we would never find out, as beyond a simple "well done, thanks for the assist" message after our combined efforts drove the enemy off, there was no communication between the two ships. After a few spot repairs and a brief update from Command reaffirming our mission, Horseshoe left the area unmolested. The next day Captain Svellyn called a meeting of the senior staff—apparently that includes me—to get a sense of what had transpired and how our relatively meager force was able to inflict a pounding out of all proportion to our relative strength. I ended up being the spotlight of the evening as I explained my prior experience with Battle Meditation, confirming my feelings about the action with the other officers.

Beyond that little hiccough, the trip out to Ciutric IV passed fairly smoothly, with my pilots enjoying the sim exercises I'd worked up; thankfully, I've been able to keep things cordial between myself and Mara. I'm starting to get a bit more comfortable with how warships work, though the knowledge I am accumulating is by no means any kind of substitute for an Academy course. On the trip in-system yesterday, Mara asked me if I'd care to take the helm, which I accepted with a shrugged "Why not, just as long as you don't ask me to fly through an asteroid field."

Though a little different than a starfighter's cockpit in some respects, the pilot's station aboard a Hammerhead-class cruiser isn't all that complicated. After a brief orientation covering the various controls and what they did (going over stuff that I had already looked up, by the way), I was able to neatly guide our vessel into orbit of our destination. We made contact with the Republic garrison, and soon after the 23rd Marines were flying down to their new station. My exec, apparently, still had a couple days of leave, and I decided not to recall him or her early. Better to get things going on the right foot, rather than interrupting the officer's rare leisure time and risking undue friction.

Though remote, the planet itself is well-populated with a variety of species, and our billet is as comfortable as any Marine officer could expect to enjoy when on deployment. Now that we're settled in, I'm going to send a little update to Teish'ala.

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Meeting a Jedi great. Will he meet Revan?

22. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Well, he didn't actually meet any Jedi (not this time, at any rate; the only one he's met thus far is Laera Reyolé). And no he won't meet Revan, I can guarantee that.

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Glad the cruisers were able to work together and the new assignment seems relatively comfortable. :)

24. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Pilot log, entry sixty-three, 3957.3.6 BBY

Well, I met my new exec yesterday, and hers is certainly an interesting case file to be certain. A former swooper from Denon, Lieutenant Senna Almo joined the Corps as an enlistee a year prior to the Mandalorian Wars but was recruited by Republic Intelligence soon after graduating from advanced training—apparently she speaks Mando'a, Huttese, and a variety of other languages and even has an understanding of the lekku-twitching aspect of Rylothean in addition to the spoken words (note to self: mum's the word about Teish). After that war's conclusion she tested for pilot school, was accepted, and was deployed with Commander Piccolé's 11th Marines not long before their heroic action at Foerost that started this particular kerfuffle. I wasn't sure how I felt about having a former spook in my outfit going into our first meeting, but she seems more than capable and is quite open about herself and her ideas and opinions, which was a bit unexpected to be honest. The only thing that remains to be seen is how she flies, a question that will be answered very soon.

Apparently she volunteered to stay behind on Ciutric because of her concern about the ongoing civil war in the former Kanz sector, giving up on a possible command of her own so that she could help to keep an eye on the situation. We held quite a thorough (not to mention long) bull session in which she filled me in on the full history of it, and put forth a few possible mission packages for the squadron to go along with our patrol duties. I'm not entirely certain if we're even allowed to enter the Redoubt, much less interfere in the way Lieutenant Almo is proposing, so I'll talk to Captain Svellyn and Commander Juliso and see what they think before sending anything up the chain of command. In the meantime, I've asked the Wroonian (she's actually six years my senior, if you can believe it!) to get with my flight leaders and work up a few sims based on her knowledge of the forces the Myrialites possess, as well as to work out our patrol routes. The latter should be a no-brainer, and I wouldn't be surprised if she recommended that the 23rd continue following in the footsteps of her former unit.

In the meantime, I've been invited along with Horseshoe's captain and exec to a meeting with the local military forces' command staff, to coordinate our operations to ensure that we get the most out of what's available, both for routine duties and general emergencies. As a relative newcomer with combat experience across the galaxy, I've been asked to come up with a worst-case scenario for a Sith-Myrialite campaign. With three days to prepare it, I hope I don't end up overloading them with all the things that could go horribly wrong should both parties decide to join forces and take Ciutric away from us.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Interesting exec and like to see more of her