main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    That's true that Agents of Shield is really just a way for Disney to advertise their movies. Be interesting to see if they do the same thing with Star Wars in the coming years and put a non cartoon on abc.

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    This show will get a longer leash than most because it's all Disney branding and advertising and money in a giant pot that, in the end, all goes to the Mouse. I'd see it get moved to Friday nights at 10 for another full season than getting a kill order. If an ABC exec looks at the show funny, he'd probably get a stern talking to from Hulk, Iron Man and Mickey. Same deal would work with Star Wars, if/when that goes on ABC.

3. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Even though I consider myself a pretty big Star Wars fan I'm not sure I would even be interested in watching a Star Wars program that was completely revolved around normal folks. Let alone all the people who just consider Star Wars to be popcorn fun.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    darkchrono, have you ever read any of Brian Daley's Han Solo books? They completely revolved around (arguably) normal smugglers, criminals, and droids, and they told great stories with no Jedi or superpowered characters. It was a formula that worked better than 99% of the EU.

Alpha-Red and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    You do realize that almost the entire original trilogy revolved around normal folk? Even Luke was more or less a normal person for at least half of the trilogy (and the entirety of ANH). Outside of the ROTJ showdown with Vader and the Emperor, they were pretty much a powers-free event (as even Kenobi's powers were understated and neither he nor Vader used the Force in any visible manner during their duel).

The PT and TCW may have gone Force user crazy (for obvious reasons, given the events of that era) but the normal folks- pilots, smugglers, imperials, rebels, rogues, aliens & creatures were very much the vast majority of the backbone of SW.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Disney should just to a Troopers show, like the fan made film years ago. :p

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Despite the incorrect upload title, it's "Troops", no Troopers" ;).

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    A rose by any other name I suppose. "Troops" was a nice fanfilm that filled some of the void of not having a new Star Wars flick and a refreshing take on Stormtroopers.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Not to mention starting the modern fan film community/movement online and elevating TF.N's profile for hosting it in the pre-youtube era, which helped give rise to our merry little community here.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    What gets me is that ABC is not showing repeats of the first season during the summer. This is a great time to try and help people get caught up in the wake of TWS and the network is ignoring the potential.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  12. darkchrono

May 23, 2005

I wouldn't necessarily call one of the last remaining potential jedi and a princess within the Rebel Alliance normal folk.

13. darkchrono

May 23, 2005

To be honest they probably don't see an extreme need to do that for a series that was only getting 5 or 6 million viewers for the last half of the season. In anycase that is why they release the box sets just a few weeks prior to the start of the next season.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    By normal folk I mean those without powers or functioning as those without powers- they can still elite like Han, Wedge, Fury or Coulson. Leia never exhibited her powers in the films (outside of arguably her ESB call reception) and Luke was blasters and piloting for half the trilogy.

15. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    ABC does this with practically all their fall season dramas unfortunately. Yank them completely until fall and play reality crap, reruns of their comedies, and summer scripted shows that would likely never be able to make it past the first few weeks of the fall season (like Rookie Blue). It's a thing that ABC has always done.

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Oh, I know that, but if they want this show to last, they should give it a summer run. At least CBS airs their repeats.

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Getting things back on track.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=120401

[​IMG]

Marvel Entertainment has revealed their plans for the San Diego[​IMG] Comic-Con and they include panels for the second season of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." as well as the mid-season series "Marvel's Agent Carter." Read the full press release below to learn all the details!

Wondering what "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." have been up to all summer? To prepare for its fall return at the new time of 9:00 p.m. ET Tuesday nights, Comic-Con International will be hosting a panel with all your favorite agents to talk about "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." and "Marvel's Agent Carter"!

On Friday, July 25, prepare yourselves for the Marvel Television Presents panel, moderated by Jeph Loeb, Marvel’s Head of Television, which promises exciting[​IMG] news and fun surprises for fans! Join Jeph and “Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Executive Producers Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen and Jeffrey Bell, along with cast members Clark Gregg (Phil Coulson), Ming-Na Wen (Melinda May), Brett Dalton (Grant Ward), Chloe Bennet (Skye), Iain de Caestecker (Leo Fitz) and Elizabeth Henstridge (Jemma Simmons).

Plus, learn more about midseason series “Marvel’s Agent Carter” with Executive Producers Tara Butters, Michele Fazekas, Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely and Louis D’Esposito and series star Hayley Atwell (“Marvel’s Captain America: The First Avenger”), in this can’t miss Q&A panel that will take you behind the scenes and into the future of Marvel's live action[​IMG] television series.

Be in Ballroom 20 from 3:00-4:00 p.m. PT Friday, July 25, and check out an autograph session for “Marvel’s Agent Carter” preceding the panel from 1:00-2:00 p.m. PT at the Marvel Booth (#2329) on the Convention Floor. Plus, on Saturday, July 26, meet the “Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” cast and Executive Producers for an autograph session from 10:00-11:00am at the Marvel Booth (#2329).

And don't forget to check out Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. at its new time of 9:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday nights this fall to find out who you can trust, who you can't, and more on just what's going on with Coulson!

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    *whines* Why can't I be at Comic - Con!

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    [face_laugh] First world problems.

I'm sure there will be footage of the Q&A portions of the panels.

I'm looking forward to Agent Carter, first Director of SHIELD.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So are they actually splitting the Marvel stuff into TV and film panels? Or just advertising the AOS/AC stuff so far? Because obviously they're gonna have Guardians, Avengers and (presumably) Phase 3 announcements as well.

21. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

I was fortunate to be at NYCC when Clark Gregg dropped by and they announced he was starring in S.H.I.E.L.D. That said, I would probably never do another convention again. Lines to wait in lines and pushing against an endless mob of people. And SDCC is worse by all reports. Kind of sucks a lot of the fun out of it.

I hope they have something on Daredevil and the other Netflix shows.

Wonder if they'll have cast Doctor Strange by SDCC. Could be a good reveal.

22. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Its mainly because they don't want to waste their time in Hall H, from what I heard.

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yes, ComicCon has traditionally separated panels for films and TV shows, where film panels were held in Hall H and TV show panels were held in Ballroom 20. Two years ago was the first time that Hall H hosted panels for TV shows, which were The Big Bang Theory, Game of Thrones and some others that I can't remember.

Typically, the Marvel movie panel is on Saturday afternoon in Hall H and fans are expecting footage from Avengers 2: Age of Ultron, the cast of Ant-Man, Guardian of the Galaxy footage and casting for Dr. Strange. Interesting enough, I was watching Spider-Man 2 and there's a mention to Doc. Strange.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Probably because no other room would be able to hold BBT and GoT's fans.

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That is so true. I waited in line for three hours for the first Game of Thrones panel which was held in Ballroom 20 and barely got in and there were tons more still waiting in line that did not.