main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Wasn't aware they usually split it that way- one would have thought grouping AOS in with the other Marvel movie projects would be sufficient (and offset the limited footage available for several of the projects).

Then again, Marvel TV has the whole Daredevil/Defenders thing to talk about on top of AOS & AC so maybe splitting them off at this point would make sense.

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, time restrains is a consideration for splitting up the panels. Usually, the panels are 45-50 minutes long to allow time to set up for the next panel, which includes allowing time for audience to change over. (However, ComicCon does not clear out the rooms from one panel to the next and people sit in Hall H or Ballroom 20 all day long). So within that forty-five or so minutes you have introductions for creators and cast, then footage, then questions from the Moderator and then Q&A with the audience.

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    We had a local convention in my neck of the woods three years ago. Not big like NY and SD, but a fairly decent size and there were a few guests. But I went on the first day as it was opening up. I did that since the admission fee was cheaper on day one and it would allow me time to raid the back issue boxes before they were picked over. Even if I could afford the larger cities, I'm not sure I would go since it would be difficult to get my browsing on.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Ahhh! The guy who plays Triplet isn't listed in the comic con panel! I thought he was the new Ward! But Ward is there. No triplet joining the team! WE MUST PANIC!!!!

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

They also have the (terrible) animated shows: Ultimate Spider-Man, Hulk: Agents of S.M.A.S.H. and Avengers Assemble (aka not as good as EMH). When they did their panel at NYCC, it was all tv and SHIELD was grouped in there. This time, they have SHIELD, Agent Carter, Daredevil and the others and that's what we know of. Who knows what else they might have in the works by then. Definitely not enough time to do all that in Hall H and talk about Guardians, Avengers, Ant Man, Doctor Strange and whatever else they are planning.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ah, hopefully the Defenders projects, AS and AC will mean they won't have to waste that much time on the crappy animated shows.

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    She's playing a Cylon, duh. Ain't that mysterious.

9. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I wonder if she'll be the new bad guy. With Paxton blown to atoms, I think they'll need a new big bad. I could see her being Hydra.

10. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Madame Hydra?

11. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    She could. It's not like Wolverine's Viper is in Marvel's canon. And they could sidestep all the Viper stuff just by calling her Madame Hydra. And if the movies ever want to use the character, then they just off her and have another. She could be a great tie in to Strucker for Age of Ultron. I could see her being related to Skye's story too, but I think she'd be far more fascinating as main antagonist.

12. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Someone figure out if Disney owns Xena.

ukijedi and Juliet316 like this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_Pictures

Sam Raimi and Co. production company (basically, made up for bunch of loans from dentists) they started to make Evil Dead in 1980. They now own shows such as Cleopatra 2099 and Legend of the Seeker. Surely Disney wants to own that library!

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    UNLEASH THE KRAKEN!

Lucy Lawless is now confirmed to be playing SHIELD agent Isabelle Hardley. Nick Blood is playing Lance Hunter, who is a mercenary in this iteration. And Dollhouse alum Reed Diamond will play this season's big bad Daniel Whitehall.

[​IMG]

They also hinted at Mockingbird appearing as well.

[​IMG]

EDIT- or hear it from Agent Koening:

So, even though they keep playing it off as brothers, I think we can assume LMD is confirmed at this point, yeah?

BigAl6ft6 and Juliet316 like this.
  15. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm thinking less LMD and more clones, which would be kinda-LMD but no robot parts.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    If not clones or LMDs, then I imagine looking at human birth stats would indicate how many Koenings there possibly are- or at least give us a likely point where cloning and LMD have to be the possible answer.

18. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    And apparently Maria Hill will be coming back for an episode set before Age of Ultron. Wonder if that'll be a send off episode for the character given she's the most likely of the cast to get killed off in Avengers 2.

19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Dammit, not Hill. Kill Hawkeye before you kill Hill! They gotta make Avengers 4: Civil War so you need Hill for that.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I also don't see Marvel killing off a major cross-franchise female character this early either. Hill is in til at least Avengers 3, IMO.

21. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Well she fits the slot of 'secondary character most of the main characters like' Coulson had in Avengers. I mean it's her or Fury really. Can't see everyone living through the film.

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    ... unless they just keep killing off Coulson every Avengers film...

23. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    True but he's not in Age of Ultron...

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    He's supposed to be, actually.

25. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Really? I thought they confirmed he wasn't in it awhile ago?