main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Cold Case Corellia, movie quote challenge (Kyp,Ben,Seha,Valin,Jysella,Corran and Sith) completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jul 3, 2014.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Cold Case Corellia
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: Beyond
    Characters: Kyp Durron, Kyle Katarn, Corran Horn, Valin, Jysella, Ben, Seha, OC’s
    Genre: adventure p.g.
    Summary: A prank played by Kyp leads to a mission for him and the young Jedi Valin, Jysella, Ben and Seha. A murder listed as suicide and a holocron on Corellia become important again for CorSec, Jedi and Sith.
    The quote is: Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want? – The Notebook (2004)
    Note: events in http://boards.theforce.net/threads/c-s-i-corellia-a-young-rostek-horn-story.50019664/]C.S.I[/url]. Corellia play a part but no knowledge of that story is needed to follow this one.

Prologue

Kyp Durron grinned. One hour ago he had been in a heated discussion with Valin Horn about being scooped up on Shedu Maad. The kid – for Kyp all young Jedi were kids – had been riling him about what Kyp was thinking about the latest prank played by Kyle Katarn with Corran of course as the main target. Obviously Valin was searching for revenge. He had been very wet and muddy, not to speak of his father and sister. Mirax had miraculously escaped.

Kyp had ended the discussion with “stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want?”
    And what had Valin done? Told him about the newest pranks, cautioned him to ‘not’ involve his dad and gone sparring with his sister Jysella and leaving Kyp with new ideas for pranks. The Errant venture prank done by some visiting pilots from Spider squadron was perfect.

NightWatcher91 and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] A mystery with Kyp in the mix?! Yum! Excellent use of the quote. And great advice. =D=

3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    lots of fun coming with the first chapter

Chapter 1

‘Not our old man!’ Kyp Durron remembered what Valin had told him when he saw Valin and his sister Jysella clad in now sweaty t-shirts that accented their forms sparring under the watchful eyes of Seha Dorvald and the slightly less watchful eyes of Ben Skywalker. Kyp knew why. Seha had sparred with Ben and was sporting a very wet and sweaty, and of course now almost translucent shirt.

Kyp remembered. Years back – after Abeloth happened but before Luke Skywalker had agreed to remove the Jedi from Coruscant – they had been on some nice trips with the usual fun and mayhem. Of course. Jedi were prone to attracting fun and mayhem with their Force powers. And there were of course the missions with the Wraiths; mayhem guaranteed.
    Shedu Maad had none of that fun and mayhem to offer or…

There was the ongoing rivalry between Corran Horn and Kyle Katarn or whenever Jaina and Jag visited the rivalry between Corran and Kyle and Jag.

Kyp smiled. Shedu Maad offered the means and possibilities for rivalry. Be it in chases or in the very small things.
    Only recently Kyp had discovered a new – actually something very old and from the days when he was at the head of his Shadow Saber squadron and meeting a young temple servant from Varanko – challenge for Kyle and Corran or Jag. Valin telling about the Errant venture Spider prank had him remembering the item.

That star-destroyer and those pilots had been the source of the item that would lead to the challenge. The young Varankonin Dylan Awakian had met a member of Rogue squadron and had come in the possession of the mayhem item and had been a source of fun until GAG and Caedus invaded the Jeditemple. Dylan had fled and was presumably safe somewhere. And a large source of the mayhem item was lost.
    But! Wes Janson – the original owner of the mayhem – had taken one in his X-wing when he fled to Shedu Maad. He had caused the wide spread use of the mayhem and had recently rediscovered it. Corran had been irked to the extreme by pilots using the item.

Combine chase and small mayhem and you had what Corran, Kyle or Jag would call a new irresistible challenge.
    ‘Not our old man!’ For the ‘old man’ – 69 years isn’t that old – the challenge would be just one more try to get even with Kyle.
    Kyp left the four young Jedi. He had some planning to do.

tbc

AzureAngel2
    Nyota's Heart

Falcon, Gemma, Kahara and 2 others like this.
  4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    That is a promising beginning!

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a very revealing chapter is following

Chapter 2

Corran Horn – 69 years old and still a prank playing male whenever possible – was unaware of Kyp’s devious plans. He was occupied – very occupied – with something that was very old. Rostek Horn had been very old when Corran – sent home after the debacle of Ithor during the Yuuzhan Vong invasion – met him for the last time and gave him an old report. Rostek had kept things in the former safe-place in Cormond until that station was disbanded. He had taken the things home and had given them to Corran when he saw him during a visit.

The report had been read and forgotten by Corran until recently. For fighting Yuuzhan Vong you didn’t need the powers of the holocron described in the report.

As a student Rostek had described a mission undertaken by him, his mentor officer Steve Magaron and his chief lieutenant Jono Bel Hana. Students at CorSec were required to do that to get their grades. Rostek had earned a grade and became a CorSec officer because of the report and the daring action to try to capture the suspects and helping to save his mentor by transporting him from Centerpoint Station to Corellia and to the Coronet city university hospital. He read ‘Lieutenant Bel Hana and officer Magaron discussed the strange powers coming from Centerpoint Station after we exited our CF-1A100 corvette.’

“Never knew you – force-blind as a bat – had a mentor and lieutenant with some Force powers,” Corran chuckled softly when he read more about the investigation of the Hollowtown apartment and the strange fight that got the mentor injured. “And you had to find that holocron and forgot about it when the Dorsetti case was listed as suicide. You only retrieved it when you had to do your laundry.” He read more, first the attached Correllian news of the day and scowled. “Suicide! The devious aide of Naboo Senator Vidar Kim was on Corellia. Palpatine’s hideous machinations of course; his Force-lightning torture led to her death.”

He came to an addendum attached to the report and gave a soft sigh. “You told Bel Hana that you lost it. You decided to hide it after experiencing the strange reactions from Steve Magaron, Jono Bel Hana and Nejaa Halcyon.” The holocron – probably of the dark side variety – had been stored by Rostek with more stuff of his student days in a cabin in the woods near Firwood. He muttered “I hope it isn’t in the destroyed green-house near Firwood” when a scent wafted up to his nose and a ‘huh’ followed. The ‘huh’ and sweaty scent was coming from his daughter.

“What’s up dad?” Jysella – sweaty shirt accenting her form – bowed down to see what was in his hands.

“Something about a double pyramid shaped holocron that can lead us to the whereabouts of Mortis,” Corran said fully expecting a reaction.

“And you are planning to search for the holocron? Can I go with you?”

“I sure want to go and you and your brother,” Corran turned to see his son – equally sweaty and smelly – appearing beside his sister and continued “can come too.”

“And Ben and Seha,” Valin said. “They will like to see where grand-dad Rostek Horn spent his leisure time. And Seha has just the right type of transport for a mission like this and would like to get more spare parts to tinker and get the YT-1300 even more becoming a challenge for the Millennium Falcon.”

“Han will be quite jealous when he sees the Azure Angel,” Corran laughed. “Now he isn’t the only one with a fast freighter. You know where we are going?”

“Sure dad,” Valin pointed to the report. “That’s from Rostek Horn. He lived on Corellia. There was a green-house in Firwood build on the terrain where once a Jedi-outdoor training facility had been.”

“I will,” Corran began when a soft vibrating feeling had him reaching for his comlink and reading the message. “But first this” and he spurted away.

tbc
    AzureAngel2
    Nyota's Heart

Falcon, AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great update -- :D Nicole has a ship named after her [face_laugh] [face_love]

7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Actually, I named myself AFTER that ship, @Nyota´s Heart!

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_love]

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More about Azure Angel in the next chapter and a cliffie for the weekend

Chapter 3

“What about the Azure Angel?”

Valin was reading the report with Jysella and looked up to see Ben and Seha coming towards them.

Jysella saw the frown on Ben’s face. She knew. Ben had been the one to give the old YT-freighter to Seha and had helped her to make it into a fast and safe ship. And he had been the one to give the name. His dad had told him everything about Anakin Skywalker’s first modified Delta-7, named after his secret love. Ben had been the one to paint the name on the ship and reveal the plaque at the controls. She gave him the report and answered “we need her to go on a trip to get things.”

“Things as in,” Ben got a deeper frown on his face and continued “a holocron from the Ones. Krif the Sith will be after it too. Look at that report. Darth Sidious wanted the holocron and tortured the poor unknowing owner to death. He hired some low life thugs and they must have sent a fake because the real one was secured by Rostek. He saw the reactions of your real great grandfather Nejaa Halcyon and two CorSec officers and decided to hide the holocron.”

Seha asked “Rostek was friends with more Corellian Jedi?”

“The report doesn’t reveal that but maybe we can find out more when we find his things,” Valin said. “Dad told me that Rostek had a house in Coronet city, a greenhouse in Firwood and a secret facility in Cormond. And that…” he began to smile mischievously “was or is situated in the Cormond Ale Company. We are going to visit an ale factory. I love to get my hands on a crate of the famous blue Corellian ale.”

“That’s perfect to help dad when he is again pitted against Katarn or Fell,” Jysella grinned. “Feed those two drunk and dad will have a chance and…”

“Dad’s in trouble,” Valin shouted and spurted away with his sister and Ben and Seha following him.

- - -

The ropes were ready. The giant stuffed Ewok-dolls were topside. The dolls were a left over from a prank played on Appa Doo – one of the young Jedi pilots of his Shadow Saber squadron – and him. The two had found them stuffed in the cockpit of their Stealth X-wings. Kyp only had to wait before Corran and Kyle discovered the messages. And yes there they were.

“Did you send the message?”

“Did you?”

“No.”

“No but there it is; a giant representation of an ongoing prank.”

“Shall we race to the top to get the Ewok?”

“Sure Kyle. And I bet there are some of those annoying straws in that satchel hanging over the shoulder of the Ewok.”

“And the message mentioned a water-bottle.”

Kyp grinned when the two ropes were pulled taut. Sitting on his perch far above the challenge set up by him he could see all.

Corran was the first to get a firm hold on the rope and was coming near the half-way point and slightly ahead of Kyle when the latter began with taunting remarks.

“Didn’t Mirax get you new ones? Or were they frayed after your last loving care? Hey I can see your underwear. I can get a pic from your old green bottoms.”

“Make a selfie of yourself. That way Jan can admire your old frame and its impossibility to follow me.”

“A selfie! I am not that old. You are just slow.”

“Slow. Watch this.”

Kyp saw disaster happening.

Kyle was ‘not’ reaching for his comlink for the intended ‘selfie’ or not and climbing up as fast as he could. Taunting didn’t work. He had to show muscle.

Corran – showing his muscle – eager to stay ahead was reaching too far with his left hand. He lost grip on the rope and tumbled down, landing hard on his left leg that buckled. The foot was at an impossible angle. “Oww.” His cry pierced the sky.

Challenge instantly forgotten Kyle slithered down as fast as he could.

Kyp jumped down from his perch, caught a rope with the Force and rappelled down, landing lightly beside Kyle.

“You,” Kyle scowled.

“You,” Corran grumbled and lost consciousness.

tbc[face_skull]:eek:

AzureAngel2
    Nyota's Heart

10. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Poor Corran that sounds like a nasty break and injury. I think pranks are funny, but not when people get hurt.

Interesting beginning about the holocron mission. Tag me in, please.

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Giant Ewok dolls,... [face_rofl]

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Enjoyed the tie-in to the cold case from before and agree with Gemma. They could say it's because "you're getting too old for this", but inattention can lead to accidents no matter your age or level of fitness. Plus they were acting more like adolescents anyway :p

Glad Valin and Jysella sensed something quickly.

13. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Ch 1-2:

I see that Corran and Kyp haven’t grown up, just older – surprise, surprise. And Kyle as well. Now the next generation is getting into the silliness. I’m curious about the mischief item that they plan on using for pranks. That old holocron may bring an entirely different kind of mischief. Interesting that Rostek didn’t tell the others about it at the time, but apparently did tell Corran later. It’s almost like the thing wanted to be forgotten…

Ch 3:

Nice background on the Azure Angel; I like that the name was a legacy from Ben’s grandparents.

The giant stuffed Ewok-dolls were topside. The dolls were a left over from a prank played on Appa Doo – one of the young Jedi pilots of his Shadow Saber squadron – and him. The two had found them stuffed in the cockpit of their Stealth X-wings.

Ah. Now I see! Lieutenant Kettch is on the job.

Kyp jumped down from his perch, caught a rope with the Force and rappelled down, landing lightly beside Kyle.

“You,” Kyle scowled.

“You,” Corran grumbled and lost consciousness.

Ouch, Corran! I liked their banter. Someone needs to keep an eye on those three – their poor friends and apprentices, no doubt.

14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Ouch! Poor Corran! This made me grin because...well, my loyal readers know. ;)

“That’s perfect to help dad when he is again pitted against Katarn or Fell,” Jysella grinned.

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Tags coming and the holocrons will play a big part
    Some fun before the serious mission
    Men[face_thinking] And the young Jedi will be on the mission again
    Those men never grow up;)
    Yes and the young Jedi have a mission again.
    But first an introduction of the characters they will meet on Corellia

Chapter 4
    Firwood was still as it had been in the days of the republic. It was a small village situated on the shores of the beautiful Firwood Lake. From one of the red-brick and red-tiled houses laughter could be heard.
    The laughter was coming from Jono Bel Hana and his five year old son Jeb.

Jono was a Dunai and had given up his life on his home planet Moniron to bring the murderers of his parents to justice. He had joined the Slojuk gang after finding out that his father Jeb had come to Moniron from Corellia as a youth, piloting the corvette to a difficult landing on Moniron and wrecking it. Jeb had to pay Slojuk and was a few terms behind when Slojuk murdered him and his wife. Jono had been raised by foster-parents and had gotten the belongings from his father three months before leaving Moniron. He was the grand-son of well known Captain Jono Bel Hana, a CorSec investigator and member of the forensics team. Guiding the corvette into the pre-programmed jump had him coming into contact with the Corellian authorities and a greeting in the old Corellian language had been followed by a contact with Captain Angela Sanders. The captain – a language expert – was impressed by his skills and had enlisted him in her team of forensics officers. She had been the one – she had spotted the bond between Jono and Arina, a female officer immediately – to accompany him as best ‘woman’ to his marriage.

On his way back from a visit to the fresher to the master bedroom Jono had seen that his son had crawled out of his bed and was playing on the floor. He had joined him and a toy had started the conversation about the upcoming birthday.
    “One, two, three, four, five, six, seven.”

“Dad!” A giggle followed when Jeb felt the tickling fingers of his father on his toes. He pulled back his legs “birthday how many days?”

“I was coming to that with counting your toes.”

“Uh,” Jeb pointed with his right index-finger to his toes “one, two, three, four, five, many?”

“Many, yes that’s ten nights and …”

“Breakfast in bed with you and mom,” Jeb spurted away to the master bedroom.

“Again breakfast in bed. And who has to clean?”

“No mess mommy. I can help.”

Jono heard that when he headed to the kitchen. ‘I will make it now and on his birthday. I will help to clean the bed-sheets of the crumbs and more. Arina will ‘love’ it. We started the tradition on our first anniversary of our marriage. Arina was feeding Jeb when I came in.’ A smile was on his face when he placed glasses with milk and juice on the tray with plates filled with bread. ‘Jeb made a mess that time, wriggling with his little feet and upending the tray on the sheets.’ He took the tray to the master bedroom.

- - -

“Jeb,” Arina stretched her legs, careful to avoid her son.

“Yes there he is,” Jeb crawled from under the sheets and blankets where he had been playing hide and seek with his mother when he heard the tingling sound of glasses and plates on a tray.

Beep pi beep pi

“And that’s disaster,” Arina grumbled.

The tray was put rather hurriedly on the sheets when Jono reached for the comlink on his nightstand. A glass started to slide and a plate with bread ended topside down on the sheets.

Jono activated his comlink “Bel Hana.” He listened and replied.

‘Archives… cold case… what… as soon… coming too… will hurry Angela.’

“Always the same,” Arina – hearing some of the conversation – began to put the plate back on the tray.

“I got my milk,” Jeb was holding his glass.

“Bel Hana out,” Jono grabbed his uniform and boots and hurried outside.

“Jono!” Arina shook her head. “You know what Angela will say.” She was certain that he had heard that in the Dunai-bond they shared.

“I will help,” Jeb sipped from his juice. “I saved this one.”

“You did but your dad made again a mess.” Arina smiled. She would clean the sheets after bringing Jeb to his school. ‘And I have a planned visit to the old folks club of Firwood.’ She was with 66 years quite young for her species. It amused her every time when she told Jono about the old folks club of Firwood – she was made a member after passing her 65th birthday – and the remarks by a certain owner of a marina about her good looks. She had told the marina man about her husband being twenty years younger and that had started the flirting of the man.

“Dad will be hungry.” Jeb reached for a sweet bread-roll.

“Yes Jeb and he will complain about the bad caf when he comes home,” Arina gave a wink with her left eye. “But I will make a fruit.”

“I will clean the bowl,” Jeb interrupted.

“Sure,” Arina smiled. “We will make the fruit-pie before your father is back.”

tbc
    Gemma
    AzureAngel2
    Nyota's Heart

16. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I like these characters. Can't wait to read more. :)

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh what family fun!!!! Blast it, interrupted breakfast. Emergencies never hold off until after you've eaten. [face_laugh] :rolleyes:

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Interrupted breakfast?!? How nasty!

19. NightWatcher91

NightWatcher91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 7, 2014
    This is a great read. I always enjoy a mystery! Still interrupting a breakfast....for shame haha

20. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Breakfast is my favorite meal -- but not in bed. Loved the family interaction.

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks all for reading. Here is the next part with Corran and friends

Chapter 5

“Dad.”

“Hey open your eyes.”

Corran blinked once with one eye and felt the slightly moist hands on his forehead. ‘That must be Cilghal.’

“Take it easy with him. I had to use the old techniques to repair his leg. He can use more air.”

Again a soft stroke over his head and nose when Corran felt a tube guided in his left nostril. He sniffed and the faint scent of ocean wafted up his nose. ‘Yes, it’s her. Old techniques… huh… no bone-knitters, bacta-tank mayhem and crystals… I really did it this time.’ He blinked with his eyes and opened them to see the concerned faces of Kyle, Ben, Seha, Jysella, Valin and Kyp and the gentle assuring face of Cilghal. The place where he was lying – a bed by the feel of the sheets and such – was surrounded by concerned humans.

“He is awake.” That came with a soft relieved sigh from Jysella.

“I am so sorry dad.” Valin and he had a sorrowful look on his face. “I shouldn’t have told Kyp what I wanted.”

“You were quite edgy after the latest prank played on your dad by Kyle and gave me ideas. I asked you; what do you want.” Kyp was very concerned but there was an edge of mischief in his voice.

“I never should have told you about the straws.” Valin again with a soft mournful whisper.

Eyes beginning to gleam with laughter Corran snorted and the tube left rather forcefully his left nostril. Tubes and straws were things of mischief. Grand-dad Nejaa Halcyon’s diary had funny entries about them.

“But you did and I had the perfect challenge.” Kyp began to laugh.

“And we both succumbed to the taunting Ewok at the top of the rope,” Kyle caught the flying tube.

“And he has to listen to his healer.” Cilghal snatched the tube from Kyle’s hand and inserted it again in Corran’s left nostril. “He doesn’t know about the difficulty I experienced weaning him of the ventilator.”

“I don’t need a straw in my nose,” Corran began, surprised at his soft and hoarse voice. “I have seen now enough straws with or without Ewoks.” And the remarks of the healer had him examining his body and what was attached to it. Bruises were everywhere. Did those explain the soreness in his throat or were ribs protesting after their abuse? There – in his left hand – another straw uh IV-tube and itchy sticky things attached to his chest and there was something trapping his left foot. He looked down uh up and saw his left leg piled high on a cushion and covered with gauze and splinted. “Aww this doesn’t get me anywhere than this place real soon I guess.”

“You want to leave,” Cilghal said. “Tsk tsk always the same with you. You will be under my care for the coming weeks.”

“We can go to Corellia after your recovery,” Valin offered.

“That will be too late,” Ben grumbled. “What did I show you when Cilghal was working on your dad.”

“A report from a news-catcher on Corellia about a break-in in the archives of CorSec,” Valin said. “I suspect the Sith. The Coronet Gazette was there among the other companies even before the forensics team could secure the area.”

“I have to go,” Corran tried to sit and gave a soft gasp.

“You are in no condition to go,” Cilghal said. “This is your place.”

“I can go,” Kyp offered. “I put you here in Cilghal’s caring hands and will accompany your son and daughter.”

“And us,” Ben said.

“The Azure Angel is ready,” Seha said.

“The youngsters have everything planned,” Corran said. “Go Kyp, secure the holocron and try to find some old memories from grandfather Rostek.”

tbc
    AzureAngel2
    Gemma
    Nyota's Heart

22. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I am anxious to see what they learn from the holocron and how you write how it works.

23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “The Azure Angel is ready,” Seha said.

Suddenly, I feel so ready to get out of my nightgown, get decently dressed and do something about the flower pots on the balcony. ;)

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Looking forward to the sleuthing and teamwork. Love that Kyp will be involved right in the thick. [face_love]

25. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Well, too bad Corran has to sit things out–Sith? Yikes! [face_nail_biting]