main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    This was a funny parody trailer for EP7. It is made of footage from old SW movies. I don't think there are spoilers. They had a few actors starring, but I don't think they are the official actors that will be in the movie except for Mark and Harrison (unless the dude from Sean of the Dead is going to be in EP7).

2. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    I love how they added all the extra lens flare.

3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Just made another Trainer PR vignette called The Coming. This weekend, I'll set up my darkroom, film it, send it to my brother for adjustments, and then upload it. Went Lovecraft for this one.

4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    So I had to take an ACT test today in preparation for college–long story short, the SAT test I took where I lived before apparently was just kind of a "we're checking to make sure you know what you need to know at this point in your life" kind of thing, and thus didn't apply to colleges. Anyways. So I was very nervous about the ACT because it's been a few years since I took science, and that was one of the subjects on there. And, so close to the start of the school year, this was basically a one-and-done deal–I didn't have time to take it and retake it until I got a good score. So, the college I'm applying for required an overall score of 19 to be applicable. The highest score possible is 36. The national average is 20.9.

I scored a 31! [face_dancing] [face_party]

5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
  7. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    31 is a good score, you should be proud.

8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Yep, definitely mighty fine work, Revanfan1. Bravissimo! =D=

Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Congratulations Revanfan1 That's awesome! =D=

Revanfan1 likes this.
  10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Congrats, Revanfan1!

Nothing new on my end. I recopied an image that's too big for my scanner, got a new desk lamp that's Mabel-proof (I have collectible figures that take more abuse from her and survive, yet she knocks against my desk lamp and that's the end of it), started on a lesson plan and realized that the task I wish to undertake is looking bigger than I imagined, and I need to find a way to de-stink my toe shoes.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  11. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Revanfan1, congrats! :) That's great.

I remember the ACT... well, that's a partial lie. I remember the anxiety-inspired fictional universe that I invented for 12 hours or so the night before, while trying desperately to sleep. The actual test is a blur. :p

Revanfan1 likes this.
  12. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I never took the SAT or the ACT. Dunno why.

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I took the PSAT and ASVAB, and I may have taken the ACT, but I don't remember.

14. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    The ASVAB is the test they give at or before military enlistment, isn't it? How did you do?

15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    That's the one. I took it as I was given an option between it or the SAT, so I decided to be a rebel. I scored very high and was scouted by the Marines.

16. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I bet that ended well... ;)

17. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I had a 131 GT score from the asvab. I was told that qualified me for every MOS that allowed females...so I guess mine was okay. I don't know what the max score was back then. I wasn't recruited by the Marines like TrakNar. Only the Army seemed interested. :(

18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    The military wasn't in the cards for me at the time, and my folks weren't too keen on pushing me to join like they did my brother. He never joined, but he now works for a military subcontractor. My mom wanted to see me pursue a science career, while my dad was pushing for an art career.

I'm going to test the teaching waters, first, and if I like it, I'll look into finishing off my degree and pursuing teaching certification.

Wi-Phi and Kahara like this.
  19. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    TrakNar, that's nifty. What subject/s do you want to specialize in?

20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Art, naturally. :p

Though, I'd like to do a more specialized art class. I know comic books, so that'd be a good subject for me to teach. I'm going to start by setting up some sort of art lesson at the community center in my neighborhood. Already drafted up a lesson plan... that needs rewritten because it has no coherent flow.

Wi-Phi, Goodwood and Kahara like this.
  21. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I never took any of those tests. Here it is all that is done by school grades and I'm thankful. One test (or a few tests) deciding your future seems scary (or that's what I understand of it).

But going into a teaching career (no matter the subject) is awesome. Pretty much all history majors (all the realist ones) I go to school with plan on eventually becoming teachers. I'm the rebel. I plan on being a librarian.

So there are 6 forest fires in the area, and another started (and was quickly contained) just out side of town today. Scary stuff. The air is so smokey and it is so hot and dry, everyone is so miserable.

22. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Congrats Revanfan1 that's an excellent score. :)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
  24. dragonifyoudare

dragonifyoudare Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2014
    *peaks in* Hi guys. I'm new and not sure what to say. Happy Thursday?

Kahara likes this.
  25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Welcome! We can pretty much talk about any topic in this thread. Do you write fanfiction?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.