main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Christina Chong in episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TelemachosJr, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Yes it does sound same but imagine all the faces if in EP IX the evil sith empress turns out to be the innocent tea vendor girl from Tatooine. Pure awesome.

Why not?

That reminds me of a certain Bloodhound gang song.

2. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    I like that they're getting athletic looking woman as opposed to skinny emaciated chics that have no athletic skill

3. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

What's the song?

I'm not familiar with them.

4. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

It's called Jackass. Look it up

5. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
  6. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    Nah. Bastilla is British

7. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

So is Christina Chong, isn't she?

8. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Yeeeees, but Bastilla is British British, and Christina is Chinese British.

Of course I would love some Kotor in the ST but I don't see Chong as Bastilla.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    She's obviously playing Yoda's daughter. Don't ask me why... it's just obvious.

10. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Well, we don't know how Yoda looked when he was young.

11. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Are the British in the Galaxy Far Far Away now?

Only a matter of time, I supposed.

Pushing around the Irish and Indians wasn't enough. Now they are after the Ewoks :)

12. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Being British and Irish myself, I push myself around all the time. It's quite a feat I can tell you.:p

Sgt Crowfield and hippie1kenobi like this.
  13. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Come across on the ferry, we'll get plastered and we'll both beat the Brit out of you ;)

14. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    LOL I'll see you in a few months then! The boat from Cairns would take that long just to get to Europe!

Slán. :cool:

15. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I see. Packed off to one of the penal colonies.

Watch your pockets.

Give us bell whenever you get here.

Good luck.:)

CairnsTony likes this.
  16. IBYM

IBYM Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2014
    [​IMG]

17. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Madness!!! That looks nothing like Charleton Heston ;)

IBYM and Leoluca Randisi like this.
  18. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
  19. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014

I wasn't a member of this board back then, but I had gotten into a number of nasty arguments and heated discussions with fans across the Internet for several weeks after the cast names were released. I knew more actresses were going to be named later on, but I certainly wasn't expecting this many! We're getting quantity - now give us quality! :D

But it doesn't matter. Disney was foolish to think they could give us just one brand new female role out of seven and not expect a response. I'm grateful that people across the Internet spoke out on Star Wars' history with under-representing women rather than remain silent and hope the situation worked itself out.

Also, the outcry brought to the surface the often dormant views that many in the Star Wars community have towards women and minorities. It was good for that ugly beast to be seen by all. Now let's work on dealing with it.

20. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I didn't know of any "outcry" at Ridley being the only woman cast with Fisher amongst all the men.

And while I'm all for people standing up for what they believe is right, I doubt it made any difference in this case.

The screenplay was completed and the casting process well under way when the big casting announcement was made - it was already set in place how many male and female roles were required.

Nyong'o and Christie were most likely already cast at that stage - if not actually locked in, then negotiations were close to being tied up. Abrams wanted these two women in the roles - even if it hadn't worked out , it was still two female roles.

The "worldwide casting call" that Cooke won was previously announced as a female role.

Abrams won't just cast a woman for the sake of casting a woman, nor will he cast a man because the role "should" be a man.

Thank goodness, though, two woman in lea roles and three in supporting roles. That is a vast improvement on the Original Trilogy Sausage Festival. ;)

21. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

She does look like a young Satele. Too bad they aren't casting a KotOR flick. That would be a sweet spin-off.

22. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Sighhhhhh. We don't differentiate British over here son, if you're from Britain, you're British.

Hogsquattle and EHT like this.
  23. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014

I didn't count Fisher because I was only referring to the new cast. Naturally, you would expect an overwhelming amount of male actors with the original cast returning.

Also, I didn't mean to imply that it did make a difference with VII's script, although it certainly made it clear to Disney that a lack of female representation was no longer going to be tolerated. Can't wait to see how the new actresses do. Hell, I can't wait to see how Carrie does 30+ years later! I just love it when under represented groups have a larger role in the modern collective mythology.

24. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Just finished watching 24 season 9, it was really good but I don't recall seeing, Christina Chong in the show? Can some one refresh my memory??

25. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Yes, it wasn't a triumph for all those who cried out. Exactly the opposite. They all had to eat their words when more casting info kept comming.

Yeah the OT was pretty bad at it.Still, miles better than the Lord of the Rings in this regard.