main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    A trumpet full of sound and fury signifying nothing?

2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Given that force ghosts are part of the force, and that evil people apparently fuse with its dark side, I'd argue the difference is...academic.

So, kind of like that weird ghost-illusion thing Jacen encountered on that asteroid?

Zorrixor likes this.
  3. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    on the seedship, i was a force projection. then i was telepathic bait.

now i'm a hallucination. that doesn't mean i'm not me. why does everything have to be one or the other?

4. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    The fortune cookie for "Sacrifice" does remind me of something. Two things, actually.

"Facing all that you fear will free you from yourself."

6. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I see. I'll just pretend that Obi-Wan was filling in for either http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_Jedi_Master_(Humanoid) or http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_Jedi_Master_(Gran) when they were missing during the microseries, and was finally given a permanent appointment when it was confirmed these guys weren't ever coming back. :p

7. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Random thought, and forgive me if this has been brought up before, but I was wondering if these guys:
    [​IMG]
    might be related to these guys:
    [​IMG]

Gorefiend likes this.
  8. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    makingstarwars.net has compiled some recent tweets by Brent Friedman, a TCW writer, about the episodes that were written but never produced. Nothing earth shattering, but one thing caught my eye:

Injuries, eh? Were they planning on pulling an Alpha with Rex? [face_thinking]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Or a Darman/Niner.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Originally planned to desert but injuries prevented it?

Cynical_Ben likes this.
  11. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
  12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  13. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Okay it was Twilight I was thinking of, they recolored Mace's lightsaber purple in the Omnibus.

darklordoftech likes this.
  14. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
  15. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Am i the only one who finds it more comfortable placing Clone Wars: Season 6 in the new continuity, but not Legacy?

Control chips in the clones, no such things as Sith Spirits, very few taught how to become force ghosts, Morriband rather than Korriban. And all within 12 episodes.

Personally, it just feels like it will likely fit better in the new continuity. I get that it was already in the cards before the Disney sale, but it doesn't chnage that things feel a lot smoother with TCW ending with Ahsoka leaving in the Legends setting. Just my two cents.

JediKnight75 and Force Smuggler like this.
  16. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Except that they are right there on screen and can clearly interact with their surrounding. :p Yoda is just dogmatic in that case, as much as Mace a few episodes earlier, where he claims the Nightwitches power are not real, after which she pulls a burning sword from thin air that can block his lightsaber!

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Yoda's thinking they are illusions created for him by the Priestesses, to test him, I'm told.

18. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

See and that is why I just kept insisting that last arc only makes sense if Yoda is in fact just tripping after eating some shrooms on Dagobah. :p

19. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    The priestesses told him they were illusions.

20. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Which themselves where clearly also only illusions ;)

[​IMG]

Arawn_Fenn and Riv_Shiel like this.
  21. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    They never said anything either way.

The episode guide (before the reboot) said "With the guidance of five mysterious Force Priestesses, Yoda was subjected to spiritual trials, facing down illusions of ancient Sith warriors conjured by the Priestesses as well as by the power of the dark side". Emphasis mine. The ghosts have the same black smoke-trails as the Dark Side cave on Dagobah.
    I wonder what that actually implies about the Dark Side's regenerative powers, since the ghosts, minus Bane, are from long before Yoda's time (the Warriors), or are abstracts (the snakes). Plus they have sentience, since they said they'd alert the living Sith Lords and did so.

Curiously, Darth Bane didn't seem to know what was going on outside, since he just questioned Yoda like he just woke up. Which is also true to the lore, where undead Sith are largely oblivious as to what goes on outside their own tombs.

Then there's the reference to the Netherworld of the Force in ROTS, given by Yoda. Are Sith and other darksider ghosts just plucked out from the subconscious while lightsider ghosts remain in the universe proper? Some stories show living Force-users conjuring darksider ghosts. Maybe the Priestesses did the same thing to bring out the ghosts in the first place. I can't believe Filoni would be oblivious to the Korriban lore. Its only notable features are ghosts and their tombs.

22. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view...

I've given up worrying about the distinction between spirits and illusions. What makes a spirit real? What makes it an illusion? What defines the difference? It's a can of philosophical worms that could be answered a multitude of ways depending on someone's point of view. Yoda, in particular, has a mind rooted firmly in Jedi doctrine, for whom a spirit isn't alive anymore, it cannot return from death, so... is it real? Is it an illusion? Is there even a difference?

Maybe there is yet life left in Darth Bane, or maybe it's just the shadow of a dead man, an illusion of the living that can never return... who knows. I enjoy the ambiguity of it.

HEDGESMFG likes this.
  23. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004

Same goes for Dathomir "magic".

24. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Dathomir magic... yeah... Mace probably thinks dinosaur bones are made of plastic and not real. :p

I confess, I do kinda like the idea Dathomir magic all stems from Talzin and is some kind of unnatural siphon or something, and so "illusory" not in the sense of being powerless, but in not being from inside the body, not from midichlorians, not "real power" in that respect, but false, unnatural, an illusion of power when it is only stolen from others, blah, blah, but... I also like the idea that the Jedi just sometimes don't know everything, so... I can't decide which option I prefer.

25. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

As mentioned, burning sword from thin air that can block a lightsaber! ;)