main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Diary of a Moisture Farmer; OCs, DDC 2014

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MsLanna, Jan 1, 2014.

1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Hoepfully more laughs to come, Azure. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course he did it anyway. And appeared soaking wet because the quarter went into a lockdown because he had the heat detectors disabled and nobody living showed up in the quarter and everybody was sprayed liberally with water and liquid fire-repellant.
    Didn't improve his mood.
    Didn't improve the mood of his roomies either.

Ewok Poet, Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh my oh my! I bet that maneuver REALLY didn't improve the mood of the paper cranes and flowers. Looks like Konkers is really for it now. Will he be sent to the brig? Or will they go easy on him and have him peel potatoes in the galley?

Ewok Poet and AzureAngel2 like this.
  3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, water is better than sand, or is it not? ;)

Findswoman likes this.
  4. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Uh oh. Boredom is not good for their longevity, here. Hopefully Vader is really busy these days and won't notice...

5. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Well, Findwsomwan, the other shoe will drop. Even those two know by now. Idjits. :oops:

Might, Azure. Depends on what you do with it. :p

Somebody is likely going to notice, Kahara. I think Vader's a litle too high up the foodchain, though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"No."

"Why not?"

"Apart from regulations?" I glare at him. "There's almost enough space for the six of us. Where would you stay?"

"Your place."

"I have a bunk, a locker and a chair."

"So?"

"You sleep on the chair."

"Just make some space in the bunk. Roll aside."

"Where to? Into the wall?"

"You're tiny!"

"Am not!"

"Are too! You could sleep on my belly."

We stare at each other for a few moments. then we shake our heads in unison.

"Well."

6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    "Apart from regulations?" I glare at him. "There's almost enough space for the six of us. Where would you stay?"

"Your place."

"I have a bunk, a locker and a chair."

Regulations, a bunk, a locker and a chair, sounds like a lot of self-insert here... [face_thinking]... ;)

Joking, I love the story the way it is. Your humour & writing style never fail to make me grin.

Kahara likes this.
  7. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Well, I got two big room, two balconies and an electroni awning, Azure... :p

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Relocation."

"Yeah."

"I'm not surprised."

Konkers snorts. "Didn't even ask for it."

"No," I shake my head, "not in so many words."

There is no reply. "Where to?"

"Don't know." He hunches. I follow suit. It's a ****ing big space wedge.

"I am tiny," I offer.

"Not enough." He pats my shoulder. "And I don't sleep on the back anyway."

We think the options through in silence but no matter what, it always ends up with one rolling out of the bunk.

"You did have to take an upper one, didn't?"

I shrug. It's not as if I had much of a choice.

8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I shrug. It's not as if I had much of a choice.

Sometimes life does NOT leave much choice.

9. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Right now, I might have more of one than makes me happy Azure. :oops: And thank you for the letter! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's the other end of the ship."

"I know."

"The beeping other end of the ship!

"I. Know!" Konkers kicks the bulkhead. It thuds satisfactorily. He also hops around on one foot because it was a heartfelt kick. His hand clamps down on my shoulder as he tries to steady himself. Then we both hop because he is tall and bulky and I am not and also that was my foot he had hopped onto.

"Beep."

There isn't much else to say.

Ewok Poet, AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    "Beep," indeed. Sometimes that's all one can say! Actually, that reminds me of a college friend I had who occasionally used the interjection "meep." And if things got really intense, she said "xeep." (We once asked her whether it was spelled with z or x, and she said x, for sure. And she wrote it on a wedding card to me, too.)

So yes, definitely a "xeep" situation for our fine "odd couple" here. What excitement will life on the Other End of the Wedge bring? Guess we'll find out in the next exciting installment... :D

11. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Well, Findswoman, the beeps are actually ****s but they don't show up except for the starry-eyed. Meep is a great interjection! I used it a lot myself. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time off becomes boring again. We comm each other a lot and scour the infrastructure for a sensible transport. There's a fast lane covering the whole distance in the quarter of an hour. It is restricted for priority transportation. We feel rather prior but it doesn't help.

A normal turbolift isn't very turbo at all and takes an hour. So much wasted time.

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    A normal turbolift isn't very turbo at all and takes an hour. So much wasted time.

I would die in THAT lift. I trained myself so hard the past years NOT to freak out in a lift, but YOUR lift would scare the living daylights out of me.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    That must be one big!! wedge if the turbo crawls LOL

14. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    those discussions[face_laugh] and now a turbo that isn't a turbo and a wedge that big

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  15. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    I think trains might be too bulky for starships, Azure. So travelling on boxes it is... [face_plain]

19 kilomeeters from one end to the other, Nyota's Heart. And not even Imperials want to squash their people with acceleration. Or so I think. [face_thinking]

It's still fast, earlybird, just not fast enough. Maybe they will invent beaming now. :oops:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Time to get wasted!" Konkers grins like a squirrel on speed.

"I don't believe it!" I stare into the hole in the wall. A removable cover panel, probably the only one left on the whole ship. "Colour me ****ed."

"With pleasure." He rests his arms on my shoulders and watches the free and accessible space with me. The possibilities!

"I kept some of the spoons with straws in their handle from when we got iced caf cream."

"Very sensible." I can feel his smile against my cheek

"And I'll bring the chemistry set." What won't we be able to do with that. I grin. "You're amazing."

"I know."

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    up to more mischief.
    spoons with straws can lead to fun

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Looks like the still's back in action! Though part of me wonders for how long, given the way things go on this wedge...

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Very sensible update! ;)

19. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Hmm. One cover panel in the whole ship and they found it. [face_laugh]

Though it sounds like they're still being sent to opposite sides of the space wedge. They may be forced to socialize with their meticulously starched roommates. Fate worse than death, surely.

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Crazy theory time: They are actually under full surveillance from Darth Vader who are using them in some kind of weird social experiment for no other reason that he right now fell a need for a hobby, that's why they have jet been thrown out of the ‘Executor’ and that is why can fine that one cover panel!8-}

21. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Gamiel,

It's for a documentary. ;)

Ewok Poet, AzureAngel2 and Gamiel like this.
  22. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014

I like it—I like it. Even Sith lords need their honest hobbies and amusements, after all! :D

23. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    The spoons will be integral parts of the new distillery, earlybird. After all why build it easy if you can go for complicated. ;)

Maybe they are more careful now, Findswoman. :oops:

The update is sure more sensible than the characters, Azure. :p

They are, Kahara. But now they can meet at their new private haven. :D

8-} Gamiel. Now that would be evil. Playing with the poor sods like that. Well ok, Vader is a Sith Lord. [face_laugh]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We huddle closely together before the open panel as Konkers moves in the last parts. "I herewith declare this distillery operational!" He ribs me enthusiastically.

I glare art him from my new position, prone on the ground.

"Floored you again. I'm good, ain't I?" His smug face is intolerable. So I pounce.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, young man!" He pins me, especially my legs. "Careful with those feet that close to the 'still!"

I hold still. Anything for moonshine.

"Konkers?"

"Yeah?"

"You're getting heavy."

"So?"

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Konkers heavy? Eating too much sugar or chocolate?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Konkers should take some of his own "Whoa, whoa, whoa, young man!" advice about watching where his appendages go. It's an additional, highly particularized obligation incumbent upon all big, hulking thugs. (Incidentally, MsLanna, have you or anyone done an artistic rendering of these two yet?)