main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Legacy Vol 2. #17: Empire of One, part 2 (of 3)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    OK, it's official, Legacy Volume II is ending....

Not with a whimper, but a BANG!

This sounds stupidly and wonderfully ambitious! And check the cover by Alessio, yes who did Darth Vader & The Ghost Prison, that Alessio....

[​IMG]

metal6, Gorefiend, AusStig and 3 others like this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Maul Lives!

Zorrixor likes this.
  3. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Kind of looks like a Vong to me. I'm sure it isn't, but that'd still be pretty cool to see. After TUF I'd always hoped we'd see a Vong Jedi at some point.

4. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Hm, yet another army of Sith, huh? Well, I hope they'll be able to wrap up that storyline in... two issues? Another nice cover too. So, back to the beginning, huh? Wonder how that moon will look after it crashed into that communication array.

DarthStymi likes this.
  5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It just looks like a gathering of the One Sith to me.

6. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Amazing cover!

7. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Hmm, One Sith remnants on the rouge planet? Actually makes kinda good sense, IMO.

Ania & Co better hope that they are backed up by Imperial Knights and elements of the Galactic Triumvirate navy under Admiral Stazi, cause Forces knows that the Jedi will most likely be no shows again. :p

Do we know for sure that Legacy Vol. 2 ends at #18, so could it go through the end of 2014?

--Adm. Nick

8. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Unfortunately the writers said that Legacy ends at issue #18. However, maybe we can be hopeful and issue #18 has a double sized ending of the Ania story, unless issue 15/16 begins this plot so they have enough time to tell the complete story, and a backup by John and Jan (I thought I remember then saying they have 1 more project together.)

9. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Hell yes. Like Ben said, going out with a bang. An army of Sith, Ania on a mission for the Empress, a crapload of One Sith...

Any bets on the purpose of the army? Put together by Nihl to deal with Wredd, maybe?

10. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't see how they could wrap this up in 2-3 issues.

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Vongrellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllla where art thou?

Zorrixor and Gorefiend like this.
  12. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    It would be really nice if we could get more Legacy issues, but Dark Horse is probably going to wrap up their individual issues by September at the latest. That gives them a few months to publish their last Star Wars TPBs and sell them for a month or two, and that's cutting it close already. It would be nice if we could get more issues, but I'm hoping more for a conclusive end to the current main plot lines. They've been doing quite good so far, so here's hoping it won't be too abrupt.

13. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    August, actually. And most of the current series will be over by then. Star Wood, Legacy II, and the Maul comic will all finish up that month; Rebel Heist in July; and The Star Wars in May. Everything else is already done.

14. Max Nocerino

Max Nocerino Jedi Knight star 1

May 22, 2013
    This image which made me so excited a week ago now just makes my eyes water and my mouth dry as LucasFilm essentially exterminated the EU with a blowtorch.

15. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    No preview yet, but a full cover:

[​IMG]

It's an internet meme reference!

16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Awesome cover! Hope it lives up to expectations.

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    There's an awful lot of empty space on that cover...

[​IMG]

18. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Well that was awesome.

BoromirsFan likes this.
  19. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    The cover artist just felt like drawing Darth Maul, cause the Sith in the comic fortunately don't look like that.

Two small quips of mine though:

- Apparently the One Sith are non-human only now? Except for Wredd.
    - This is not happening much too long after Legacy I. How did they infiltrate governments so quickly? Doesn't that require like, 10 years at least (after graduating Sith school!)

20. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    the force has a powerful influence on the weak-minded.

21. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    According to LotF FotJ, you can take over the galactic government in a month (Jacen) or in two years (as the Lost Tribe did). :p

Mostly an action issue, but the final issue looks like its going to be really... chaotic. The art's still great, and we see Marasiah in IK armor in this issue (and while she's willing to fight on the front line, Draco holds her back since she is the Empress).

And so we're almost at the end. This probably won't take out the One Sith, but it'll probably put a bit of a dent in their numbers, at least. No letters page this issue, oddly enough. Just one more issue to go, I'm really going to miss Dark Horse's Star Wars comics, they had a really great run.

Gorefiend likes this.
  22. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Epic issue! What worries me the most is that I doubt we will find out the back story for AG

23. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002

I don't think they intended to reveal more than was exposed (the Han hologram), or at least I think leaving it ambiguous does best for the droid's character.

Maybe it's the same with Ania. The reveal can only get as surprising as an "a-ha! so, her great-grandma was Danielle Kieran" or "My family's real name was Solowski, but they changed it when my grandparents immigrated to Coruscant"

24. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    Good issue. Mostly action, like Nobody said, but some good back-and-forth between Wredd and Jao, too. It was pretty obvious that the rogue stormtrooper had in fact called the good guys, but it still played out in a pretty cool way. Although this arc is currently reading like a condensed version of Outcasts of the Broken Ring. Good guys get into trouble, Triumvirate fleet shows up and saves the day with a team of Imperial Knights. It's been done.

And I dunno. Having this many Sith show up to capture Wredd seems very... convenient. In a "We need an excuse to take out most of the Sith that the last series left alive" kind of way. Is that kind of resolution really necessary? Does the entire galaxy need to be tied up in a neat little package before Legends bows out forever? The EU will have plenty of loose ends to never be tied up. One more won't hurt, even if it's at the tail end of the timeline. The Legacyverse created by Ostrander and Duursema is too complex for a "The galaxy lived happily ever after" ending.

25. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    I imagine Nihl hearing about this and going: What the hell?

Then he sighs, thanks the stars that at least the smart ones stayed put to follow the plan and goes on with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.