main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    So there's that thread in the spin off forum about the spin off's you want to see.

I want to see a rogue squadron movie with a Wedge spin off, a Tycho spin off, a Darklighter spin off and a Corran spin off.

Then they should make a Wraith Squadron movie with a Piggy spin off, and a Donos spin off and a Janson Spin off, and a Tainer spin off and a Loran spin off.

And a SOA movie with another Tycho spin off and another Janson spin off and a Hobbie spin off.

I'm leaving some out, but you get the idea :p

2. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Sound good to me.

3. Rogue Five

Rogue Five Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 11, 2014
    I would love to see that! : D I was just reading Starfighters of Adumar yesterday. My favorite SW book along with the first Wraith Squadron. I'd especially like to see Tyria, Janson, and Tycho get spin offs.
    Oh for a world where that could happen... One of the three rumored spin offs was named Red Five so maybe it could happen!
    I'd love a new Rogue Squadron game too. Hopefully Battlefront 3 has some space action!

Iron_lord likes this.
  4. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    I'm of many minds - part of me is sad that Wedge won't be in the new movie (though I fully support Denis Lawson, since he's awesome and probably right career wise), and hope that it means he will simply be gone; I'm worried that they'll do a crass kill-off of Wedge; I'm glad that there won't really be anything contradicting the X-Wing books and characters; I'm sad that there probably won't be anything filling that niche.

Lots of feelings. But I completely agree that spinoffs about the X-Wing peeps would be beyond awesome.

And also hoping that the new Battlefront has some amazing space action. And amazing action in general.

5. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Just finished "Honor Among Thieves" - while the title is pretty cliched, the novel itself is a great throwback to the Han Solo Adventures in the best way. And better still, unlike Razor's Edge, it actually felt like Star Wars (while Leia in Razor's Edge was pretty decent, the worldbuilding just didn't work for me at all). Wedge only appears once, looking tired because he was fixing X-Wings in the middle of nowhere, but he, Luke, and six other pilots manage to take out an Impstar with no casualties. And Wedge is clearly in charge. Sadly, it's only seen from planetside, with no real narrative of the events (and I'm still kind of cocking my eyebrow at it - I've seen snubfighters take on Impstars, but usually they can only delay or damage it enough to get away. And this is early Luke and Wedge.)

Sadly, no other named Rogues or X-Wing characters. But unlike others (cough Mindor, Darklighter cough), it doesn't get serious details wrong (except for Han knowing what a Noghri is). I was pleasantly surprised.

Abadacus and Iron_lord like this.
  6. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
    I hope to get to these soon. I have several others to get out of the way first. Good to know they are good reads.

7. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Has anyone else seen the new video from JJ Abrams on the set?

[​IMG]

Revanfan1, Runjedirun and Iron_lord like this.
  8. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I haven't seen the video yet, they frown upon streaming video at work. But I have seen the pictures :D

9. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Saw it yesterday, meaning Monday morning and CLAIMED IT AS MINE!!! I have my agents in England working on stealing it! :p

10. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Looks interesting. My brother say it and was all 'Now, is that really an X-wing or is it a Z-95 Headhunter?' So glad all my brothers are into Star Wars too. In fact, they're the ones who introduced me to it.

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    It is indeed a variation of an X-Wing… based off old Ralph McQuarrie concept painting of an X-Wing and TIE Fighter dogfighting. Just a few modifications to streamline it. Kinda reminds me of a cross between the ARC-170 and X-Wing with the dimensions shortened.

Keep in mind that this is 30 years later and the T-65 B X-Wing that we all know and love would be considered a relic. Wow… that probably explains why no visible astromech.

Iron_lord likes this.
  12. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    I told him it was probably an upgrade.

We figured out the other day that there is exactly 13 years, 13 days and 13 hours between our births! Creepy...

Revanfan1 and BultarSwan like this.
  13. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
  14. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Do I need to post a new squadron listing or something?

15. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I think that would be good. Would it be anything like the offsite or do we change the offsite one or what?

16. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    I have no idea... I've just been trying to find the most recent one on here.

17. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Good luck!

18. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Thanks! I'll need it!

Had an idea for, if not a fan fic challenge, at least a discussion topic.

Reading the books, what points/events would you like to or have you thought of an AU for? For example, I was wondering the other day how it would have changed things if, in Wedge's Gamble, Wedge hadn't gotten cracked ribs. Because without the cracked ribs, Wedge would have been flying. If Wedge would have been flying, he would probably be in the black and gold fighter that Corran ended up flying. And I'm sure Isard would rather bring down Wedge than Corran. So how would that have changed everything that came after it, especially Tycho's trial?

Just a thought... What do you think?

Runjedirun likes this.
  19. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Yeah, I have it on the top of my screen, not been there for some time...but logged in today ;)And I'm good at being ..'it'
    Not as much as you mate! Clearly you think allot! LOL I don't think, too old for that and to be dead honest, I would have to re read everything to even remember that. Its been YEARS since I read anything except the latest one. Never been able to re read stuff and these days I don't have time to even read things I want to do. I think I will sit back and let younger and much more clever minds discuss this one!

20. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I brought SoA to camp for a 10000th re-read... didn't end up getting through much due to storms, but I love reading books again. I mostly stick to the Allston ones though, I should do a full series read again.

I think Wedge would have been as resistant to Isard as Corran and Tycho were, they're cut from the same cloth. As for Tycho's trial, as suspicious as Corran was, like Iella he also believes in finding the truth and if evidence wasn't sitting right with him or he had a hunch that something was off I think he'd just as easily have defended Tycho - especially if he was sniffing around Erisi a bit more and put things together. Generally I think things would have worked out relatively the same, though Tycho would have been short a friend during the trial process.

I don't think I've ever written X-wing series fic, perhaps I should change that [face_thinking]

21. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Lol, no worries, Addie-mum. Just sit back and let us entertain you.

I absolutely agree, Becca. Isard would have zero luck turning Wedge. His interrogation and imprisonment would be interesting - Wedge is a little higher up the totem pole than Corran, and he has singular access to some of the most influential people in the New Republic. But he still would have very little to give up. And the way Corran's interrogation always turned to the murder of his father, Wedge would definitely relive the deaths of his parents.

Something rather minor but that I find interesting is that Wedge would recognise Jan Dodonna straight away. He served the man directly after all.

The other aspect of this change that I like is the effect it would have on the people left behind. Tycho would be devastated, and I think that Wedge's 'death', supposedly at Tycho's hands, would get Corran thinking. See, it was his logic that lead him to suspect Tycho, not his 'gut'. His 'gut' respected and admired the guy, and I think he would reconsider his stance, because there is no way that Tycho would kill Wedge.

And then there's Iella. Her husband has already been picked up by the Empire, and she believes him dead. She and Wedge have built up quite a rapport during the operation - and now he's been killed. And then the whole Diric returning, which is happy, but she's grieving for Wedge. And later on, the fact that Diric was turned by Isard in Lusankya, and then Wedge returning from there... It would be torturous.

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I would be curious to see this happen.

23. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003

YAY! *Grabs onto Addie's arm and dances around with her* We're going to be BEST FRIENDS and do everything together and we'll see each other all the time and save each others' lives and not keep track! :D :p

24. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
    That's not creepy at all. :p

BultarSwan likes this.
  25. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I'm not sure who my wingmate is... :(