main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Two games for Ray Rice for knocking his wife out cold.

This won't go over well.

2. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    [​IMG]

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Full credit to the Deadspin poster who wrote this.

[Ray and Janay Rice walk into the commissioners office to find Goodell sitting in a large ornate chair]

Goodell: Ray, as it stands, I am prepared to suspend you for the entire NFL season. In order for me to shorten the suspension, I would need a VERY compelling argument.

Rice: Well, Janay and I had a lot of discussions prior to the incident, and we ultimately decided things would be a lot easier if we both got dementia at the same time.

DarthTunick likes this.
  4. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Justin Blackmon got popped for possession in Oklahoma of the cannabis variation.

That may be all she wrote - three strikes. Stinks, when he played, the Jaguars were actually okay. Don't know whether he's just stupid, or if these suspensions and laws against marijuana are decrepit and tired. I guess both.

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Did Rice ever suffer any legal consequences?

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    He pleaded No Contest. I think he got community service as a result.

Also Washington cancelled all their training camp activities for the day in Richmond as a result of severe weather (including possible tornadoes)

7. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008

So misleading.

You have to fail a bunch of drug tests to get the mandatory 4 game suspension, that is what happened with Josh Gordon.

8. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    And it only takes a single punch to knock a ***** out. :)

9. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Plus, Gordon did get a DWI, which I believe also factored into his suspension.

10. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    DWI is a higher crime than weed IMO. So I can see that.

11. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Fun with words!

:p

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm trying to put into words how I feel about Ray Rice's suspension that won't get me banned, but I can't right now.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  14. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I call it a bargain.

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Overpaying for reliability is not always a bad thing. He's not a gamebreaker, but he's a damn good receiver.

16. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
  17. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Most Jags "fans" watch the game on TV anyway.

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Gotta hand it to Shad Khan, he's figured out Florida. Hot tubs, booze, cabannas, and giant TVs.

Meanwhile, the Tampa Bay Rays have enjoyed one of the best 5-6 year stretches in recent baseball history, while playing in a brick **** house, and nobody shows up.

Florida sports fans. College football, nothing else matters.

19. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    Exactly. And really baseball in Florida was always all about Spring Training. Combine that with the large amount of retirees who took their loyalties to their teams in the North down with them, and you get the empty stadiums in Tampa and Miami. The Marlins at least have won a couple World Series, but even that hasn't drawn the fans.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Maybe if the Marlins didn't hold firesales everytime the won World Series.... (and have some of their players **** on their fans for not showing up)

DarthTunick likes this.
  21. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

I don't care if it makes the Jags money, or is a "cool" thing to have in a stadium, there's something inherently pathetic about it: you want that kind of experience while watching football? Stay home, or go to an actual beach.

heels1785 likes this.
  22. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Agree with the neckbeard do I. That stuff is more conducive to a baseball game.

TahiriVeilaSolo69 likes this.
  23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Ah! No, no it's not. :p

[​IMG]

The Bums tried crap like that a few seasons ago... it was so, so terrible.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Niners lost Kendall Hunter for the season yesterday, and LaMichael James was just carted off at practice. And then there were three - Lattimore, Gore, Hyde.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005