main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Light The Night 2014!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by VoxDeamonicus, Jan 26, 2014.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Roger that

2. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Realized I hadn't contributed to the team yet, will do so soon.

3. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    no worries.
    UPDATE: The roadblock dates are filled up. So, we will have to find a new way to raise money. Start hitting friends, family and business. Any Con any of you go to, let me know if you want a donation can for. I have some.

4. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Deamonicus... I'm sorry to hear our street collections aren't going to happen. Wow... Charity collections these days are going threw the roof it seems.

Well... I've been gathering all kinds of stuff for your suggested yard sell and getting it all together. It's piling up in our barn and waiting to transport it to where ever the yard sale will take place. Loads of really nice Christmas and Spring types of decorations for inside and outside the home. Really nice stuff and should bring in some money. There is much more I'm accumulating like cloths and other things... nice things. I was going to take it all to the Goodwill but it is all going to you instead.

I'm helping where I can my brother.

5. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    cool beans. The yard at my folks neighborhood wont be until early sept. I will need a few people to work with me. which means those who work it will have to get to where my folks live BEFORE 0600. People start showing up at like 0630-0700. We can set everything up the night before. I would like to do it in costume, but it will depend on the weather. Thinking about contacting a Kroger's or something and doing one of those cook out things. That would require us in costume. Still trying to get ahold of a comic shop that will let us do a charity tourny. I just haven't had the time yet to start contacting them. Going to try my hand at Empire Comics, maybe some others. Does anyone else have any suggestions on raising money? Speak up!

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I'll keep my eyes open if my neighborhood does a neighborhood wide yard sale. Or we could just have our own or even see what a table at a flea market for a weekend would run us.

7. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    also, I have flyers made up that have our teampage website address on it, as well as a QR code that people can scan with their smart phones. Shoot me a pm with your email addy if you want the file so you can print it out.
    The idea to maybe do a flea market booth may work. not sure. If we do our own yard sale, we'll want to make sure that we put an ad in the newspaper and put in the ad that it's for charity.

8. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Okee-dokee. yard sale info: Most likely will be either the first or the second Saturday in September. if you have stuff to donate, it MUST be at the drop off point BY Friday. The sale is on the Saturday. It offically starts at 0800, but some people like to show up around 0700. If you plan on helping out, be there by 0630, so you can get into the yard to park. Costuming is up to you. I would really like some help. I am trying to work a deal for some cheap or free hotdogs and soda to sell. Not sure if that will happen, but will update on that. I will have an exact date hopefully before the end of the month. Thank you. Please let me know if you can help.

9. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    I have some stuff for you, just let us know where and when to bring them. .... But we'll need to bring them to you at the very least, a couple of weeks 'before' the yard sale date.

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Well crud, I'm out of town the first weekend in September and working the second weekend. I do have some stuff to donate towards the sale I'll get to you though.

11. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Just a general heads up. I will need people to help me out with this. I will be getting the dates soon. I will need help because at the end of this month, I am having surgery on my left arm, and will still be in a cast by the time of the yard sale. So I will need somebody there to help out, otherwise this whole thing is a no go.

12. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Sorry I can't give a firmer committment right now. It just depends on which weekend it falls on and which shift (Day or Night) I get assigned and if the wife has to work the weekend as well.

13. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    What's the date your doing it on bro? Knowing that will help a lot. And if I may ask, what's up with your arm? Not too serious I hope.

14. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Arm: Having a bone removed, and two others fused together. Avascular Necrosis. Lingering damage from cancer treatments years ago. Been an issue for 15 years, got tired of it.Joint by joint, slowly over time, I am removing, or at least lessening the left over physical pain from cancer.
    Date: still playing phone tag. About to find the person's office or home address and talk to them

Update: Andrew (the guy in charge of the Louisville Light the night campaign, found a photo of us that a member of staff took last year, and asked If I wanted to it added to our team page. so, here it is: http://pages.lightthenight.org/ky/Louisvil14/thelouisvillegalacticallience Enjoy!

15. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Another update: Unless I get info to the contrary, the yard sale will be Saturday, the 6th of September. Zan, I know you will out of town that weekend, we'll work on a date when you can drop stuff off.

16. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Roger Red Leader... Red 1 Standing Bye. :D

17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I should be able to help Saturday the 6th anytime. However I won't be available for prep work Friday night as I'll be on the road.

18. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Prep work is fine. For saturday, best if you are there no later then 0730. Traffic into the subdivison starts early. Will work out where to park when we get closer, plus addresses and stuff. No costumes, unless you just feel like it, but it will most likely be hot, so I would discourage it. Zan, sometime in August we will find a time for drop off. I appreciate this guys. Mika, I'll get with you as well on a drop off time for anything you may have.

19. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    also, sale runs until dark or so. So anyone helping Saturday be ready to possibly pull an all day. If I can get the help, that might not be needed, but just plan on it. again, thank you guys.

20. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    One final note: I would like those that help on day of yard sale to please wear their Light the Night shirt if they have one. Doesn't matter what walk it is from. Failing that, maybe wear your LGA shirt. Failing that, um, hmmmm, just wear a shirt, i guess, you know how to get dressed, you're not five.

21. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Your completely ate up... [face_rofl] and that's why I love you. [face_batting]

VoxDeamonicus likes this.
  22. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    The day I start acting according to society norms is the day you can put me to bed with a shovel. :)

23. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Update: The date is confirmed. The yard sale will be the 6th of September. Parking will be at my parents house, in the back yard. For those you with items to donate, PLEASE PM me. Next week Zannah will be dropping stuff off, if you wish to join them in doing so. Please have some idea of what you think the item might be worth. Labeling before hand would be awesome, a list will also work. We'll spend the friday, 5th of Sept, setting things up. Day of sale help, please try to be there NO later then 07:00, due to traffic. Earlier is better. While the sale starts at 0800, people get there as early as 0630 to get to prime areas of the neighborhood. This goes until dark. NO COSTUMES are needed. I would however like people to be dressed in either their LLS shirts, or their LGA shirts, or if you have none of those, something star wars. Mika will be helping day of sale, but the more the merrier. Items left over from sale will be available for pick up for a week, before be donated to Goodwill or the DAV. Some Select items, ( those that can command high enough dollar amount) will, following the yard sale if they don't sale, go on Ebay, with money going to the team. In other words, all items go for sale at yard sale. if not sold, you ca pick it up, or goes to Goodwill or DAV, with some items going to ebay to try to generate more money for the team. If you have items to donate, PM me for drop off times and location. Any other questions, PM me.

24. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Got it. PM incoming re:donations

25. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Got it... incoming.