main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I have not so much a random question as it is a random thought: Just watched ROTS last night. I always thought it was a great film, but now the added context of TCW makes it even better. Wow, does JJ have a lot to live up to.

Sent from my R2 unit

2. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    Question. When Obi-Wan first confronts Jango on Kamino and they get into that fight and then he throws a tracking device on Jango's ship (Whatever it's called), Why doesn't Yoda do the same with Dooku's ship after there fight in the hanger?. It would have given insight to the Jedi about the whereabouts of not only Dooku, but ultimately could have led them to the Sith and the mysterious Lord Sidious.

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Yoda didn't bring one with him?

4. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Apr 16, 2013
    Yeah, Possibly. But when Obi-Wan uses it it's like a normal reaction (Like it's part of his tools, like his lightsaber). A lot of Jedi carry things like that on them all the time, weather it's comlinks like Qui-Gon used in TPM, or the one Obi-Wan uses in AOTC. It seems like a they've got a belt which contains the essential things they need (Like a life belt used in the military). But then hell it is Yoda we're talking about here, of all people he's the one who probably doesn't need stuff like that.

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Couldn't have the Sith be revealed so early now can we?

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Apr 16, 2013
    Knowing roughly where the Sith are and being able to track them down are 2 completely different things. I mean Ok it didn't really take Obi-Wan long to find out what was going on on Geonosis, But Dooku did sense his presence. The works is a big place 2 Sith Lords could easily have sensed any Jedi getting close to them I'm sure, then made a quick get a way.

7. IG-193

IG-193 Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2014
    (First, I'm not entirely sure the forum in which this needs to be posted, so I apologise in advance--if I'm wrong, please redirect me)

So, a group of friends of mine are doing a story-based Star Wars RPG thing (loose, mainly story-based). It takes place in a theorhetical universe in which Anakin does not become Darth Vader; Palpatine becomes Emperor, and has an apprentice (I don't know yet if it's Dooku or a new one, it hasn't come up, and I'm not GM)

But to my question: Long story, but would it be possible for a magnaguard to wear a Katarn-II or just regular Phase-II armor? For disguising purposes. Their body shape seems compatible..

8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The droid commandos wear regular clonetrooper armor in TCW, when trying to gain entry into a clone fortress. However they are a mite less bulky than magnaguards.

9. IG-193

IG-193 Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2014
    Well, if you look at their height and design, there's no reason that I can *see* why they can't wear it.
    They only get slightly bulky right in the middle, and not so much that it would be unreasonable to wear clone armor -- I *think*

Anyone else weigh in?

10. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    So why exactly does most of the Galactic Senate or the citizens of the Republic believe that the Jedi Knights would have been part of a plot to start the Clone Wars as claimed by Palpatine after Order 66? The Jedi had protected the Republic for centuries without issue and maintained peace. Even if a cou to remove Palpatine had taken place, why did the Galaxy just cave to the hands of the Emperor? What exactly did everyone believe the Jedi were trying to gain out of it, especially when controlling less than half the Galaxy?

The poor explanation of the and reasoning for the formation of the Empire in ROTS gives does not help. The Clone Wars show covering it does not explain it either.

11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    After several Jedi had turned bad during the war - the general public may have grown distrustful of Jedi in general.

12. Rolf Larsen

Rolf Larsen Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2013
    Why did it take ten years for Nute Gunray to try and take revenge on Padme by attempting to assassinate her?

13. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Apr 16, 2013
    Maybe he was trying to lay low for a while, I'd imagine that if just after the end of TPM if he was to start trying to assassinate her then everybody would have known it was him out for revenge. Maybe that's why, He just let things blow over for a while before he decided to act making it less suspicious.

14. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

That, and maybe Sidious told Gunray to wait. For example, wait until the Military Creation Act comes up to a vote. He kills her then, she can't vote against it. Sidious solves two problems at once. While it's the Jedi Council that suggests she leave Coruscant, Palpatine is only too happy to "encourage" her to leave, thus leaving a useful tool (Jar Jar) to exploit.

15. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    When Dooku approached Gunray to have him join the Confederacy, one of Gunray's conditions for joining was having Padme be killed. Gunray probably didn't have the resources or courage to assassinate her on his own initiative.

Iron_lord likes this.
  16. noke

noke Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2014
    I think you guys don't give obiwan enough credit. He was the first Jedi (an apprentice no less) to face a sith in a Millenium. And managed to kill him. Maybe maul wasn't the most powerful but he was a sith. Grievous fought against 5 Jedi and killed 2, leaving 2 incapacitAted and ki adi mundi exhausted and completely drained. Obiwan personally best him. Because he's inventive and creative. Everything a good duelist should be. Obi is very innovative when he loses his lightsaber. Yoda isn't. He relies solely on the force or his weapon since he's so small. Obiwan uses whatever he must to win the battle. And he does. Obiwan would have held his own. Maybe in a straight sword fight he wouldn't win but if it came down to what yoda's battle did... I think obiwan was better suited for it than Yoda was

17. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

It didn't bother me. And I still believe that Obi-Wan wouldn't have a prayer against the likes of Sidious in ROTS.

18. Hunter of Bounties

Hunter of Bounties Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2014
    Kenobi was one of the greatest duelists of his time, but the Emperor dispatched 3 Jedi Masters within a minute and gave Windu a run for his money.
    Yoda outmatches Vader in pretty much every way, his only flaw being that he has to draw on the Force so he can bounce around swinging like a maniac. If Vader could somehow interrupt Yoda's connection to the Force, well, the rest is academic really.

19. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I think you mean Cout Dooku or Palpatine. When did Yoda confront Vader?

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Hunter of Bounties was simply comparing the two.

21. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Count Dooku was a senior Jedi Master, a former member of the Jedi Council and Yoda's Padawan, he knew Yoda's power better then anyone. If he says he's surpassed Yoda, he must have gotten pretty damn close to be able to deceive himself in hat regard. And Yoda did not curbstomp him at all in AOTC. It does not make any sense for Yoda to be able to curbstomp Anakin. The Emperor's statement still implies they are both stronger then Anakin at the moment, but I'd say he's very close. Lucas stated OT Vader ended up only 80% of the Emperor's power, I imagine Yoda, Dooku, Windu, ROTJ Luke and ROTS Anakin are all in 81%-99% ballpark.

If it comes to a fight at all off course, Obi-Wan is the one that Padme will always be hammering on about, and Yoda, while pissed wouldn't want to fight in front of Padme and could surely use an ally since he'd undoubtably have already sensed Obi-Wan getting snuffed out by the Emperor.

22. deadly jp

deadly jp Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 27, 2014
    Yoda would of defeated anakin, anakin would hold his own against him for a good few seconds but because yoda constantly jumo all over thd place he would making anakin get tired and then yoda would be abld to defeat him yoda is a master of form 4 ataru I dont think anakin will have a chance!

I think obi wan would put up a fight with sidious but not die instantly he would do better than kit fisto but be forced to flee because hes no match for sidious

if obi wan and yoda faced sidious they could defeat him if obiwan use his defensive from soresu then yoda uses his prefreed form ataru to overwhelm sidious

Master Jordan likes this.
  23. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    This is perhaps more speculation than anything, but do you think Palpatine believed in the prophecy? Even the Jedi had their doubts, and it seemed Qui-Gon was the only one who truly believed in it

If Palpatine does believe the prophecy, does it not seem a little senseless to keep the one supposedly destined to destroy you right by your side especially when you admit that they will one day become more powerful?

24. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Palpatine, in the RoTS novel:

"If only you could know how I have longed to tell you, Anakin. All these years—since the very day we met, my boy. I have watched over you, waiting as you grew in strength and wisdom, biding my time until now, today, when you are finally ready to understand who you truly are, and your true place in the history of the galaxy."
    Numb words blur from your numb lips. "The chosen one..."
    "Exactly, my boy. Exactly. You are the chosen one." He leans toward you, eyes clear. Steady. Utterly honest. "Chosen by me."
    He turns a hand toward the panorama of light-sprayed cityscape through window behind his desk. "Look out there, Anakin. A trillion beings on this planet alone—in the galaxy as a whole, uncounted quadrillions—and of them all, I have chosen you, Anakin Skywalker, to be the heir to my power. To all that I am."
    "But that's not... that's not the prophecy. That's not the prophecy of the chosen one..."
    "Is this such a problem for you? Is not your quest to find a way to overturn prophecy?" Palpatine leaned close, smiling, warm and kindly. "Anakin, do you think the Sith did not know of this prophecy? Do you think we would simply sleep while it came to pass?"
    "You mean—"
    "This is what you must understand. This Jedi submission to fate... this is not the way of the Sith, Anakin. This is not my way. This is not your way. It has never been. It need never be."

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That moment is chilling.

Darth Dominikkus and Iron_lord like this.