main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Editing Posts on PT Forum-Time Limit

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Bazinga'd , Jul 25, 2014.

1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    The time to edit a post on the PT forum has been extended to 60 mins.

2. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Just curious, Bazinga'd...do you know if this will be just for the PT area or eventually for all the forums?

3. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Extremely useful for me! [face_whistling] :p

Pensivia likes this.
  4. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

Time limits for edits are forum specific. If you want a change to the time limit from another forum, ask the specific forum mod(s).

5. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

Glad I could be of assistance. :p

Cryogenic likes this.
  6. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013

Ok, thanks.

7. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    I think you may have just created a monster. :p

8. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I find it highly ironic that Bazinga'd just double posted despite being the same mod who posted a thread warning of double posts

xD just teasing, not trying to be snobby

Darkslayer likes this.
  9. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Seagoat I was just wondering if someone would pick up my ironic double post. Blasted hung by my own patards.

Seagoat likes this.
  10. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Well done with the extensions.

As far as asking other forum mods? That's probably not a bad idea, but to be honest, I feel a little reticent to do so, if only because I've personally mentioned the 30 min window in multiple posts, on both LACWAC in the years I've been here, and on 7SA since it's creation, detailing how troublesome it is, questioning why we couldn't have an extension, etc. Moreover, I've encountered any number of other members on those boards who have done the same.

Based upon what I've seen, I'd say it's already been made pretty plain that adding an extension to the edit windows in both forums would easily be considered a popular decision. And yet, unfortunately, never once have I seen a response.

Given the lack of replies, I assumed that it must have been something which simply couldn't have been adjusted, and that I was being foolish for even asking. But now?

Very interesting.

Anyway, I say again, "good show" Bazinga'd! It's sure to make posting in PT a more enjoyable experience.

11. Cael-Fenton

Cael-Fenton Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2006
    Trebor Sabreon I'm totally guessing of course, but for 7SA it's probably because of traffic or other issues rather than the mods' inflexibility. Over the Fanfic, the time for editing posts is indefinite (I can still edit stuff I wrote in 2006).

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  12. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

Thank You. There are different considerations for each forum, i.e., high traffic, number of mods available, etc. We talked about standardizing the edit time but we decided to leave it at the discretion of each forum mods. My only suggestion would be to PM the mods rather that posting in thread. Thus, the conversation is private and you wont have any issues with other posters. Just make your best argument.

Cael-Fenton Most if not all of the Lit forums have an indefinite time limit so that an author's effort can be continued if necessary at a later date.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.