main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC apparently ender got a job with Paramount Australia

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue_Ten, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    so much trolling of oversensitive yanks

[​IMG]

what's michael bay like in person, Ender Sai? solojones, at least, would benefit from the intel

DarthTunick and Lord Vivec like this.
  2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Can anyone really be bothered to be outraged about this?

Ender Sai and Point Given like this.
  3. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    more darkly tickled, personally

4. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    The fact there's a TMNT film is what people ought to be upset over.

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Oh no, an exploding building! Movie posters never feature explosions.

I wouldn't worry, guys. People will still buy tickets in droves because Michael Bay is some sort of evil sorcerer.

6. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

this is the thing that people SHOULD be concerned about. how do michael bay productions keep finding idiots to watch them?

7. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Also, Bay & company have done their 9/11-thing more effectively anyway:

[​IMG]

[​IMG].

8. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Is that second one from Armageddon, Tunes? I always find it a bit bemusing that the WTC are still standing in so many disaster films after NYC gets a beating. ID4? Those towers stood rock solid. The end of AI? Still there after all that time.

9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Both are from Armageddon.

10. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Ah, I never saw it. Don't have to, either, from what I hear.

11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Nah, it's worth a view... unlike the Sharknado BS that so many folks are into these days, Michael Bay's films are more well made schlock, just at or over the line of ridiculousness; Armageddon is quite entertaining in that regard.

12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    A case of art not imitating life.

13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    It was particularly egregious in ID4: that fireball cloud of EXPLOSION & DEATH knocks over the Statue of Liberty, but not the WTC towers? Please.

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, let's be intellectually-honest here -- there's nothing to be inflamed over with that movie, unlike Paramount's intentional invoking with Star Trek Into Darkness and WB's Man of Steel. There's definitely a difference between "an exploding building" and "invoking 9/11" and take it from someone there that day and taking in dust-covered refugees from downtown Manhattan... that ain't it.

This is more Die Hard which is... not close to 9/11.

DarthTunick likes this.
  15. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Personally I think that this is hilarious irony.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i think it's a huge stretch to tie the poster alone to 9/11. but i dunno, maybe just don't release the movie that day and then people wouldn't instantly make the connection.

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Well yes, that's why there is "outrage". Not the 'sploding building by itself, or the date by itself, but the combination.

Obi-Zahn Kenobi likes this.
  18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I didn't even notice the date until the second day of the controversy happened. :p

19. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Remember when Sony pulled pulled that trailer for the first Spider-Man movie, because it showed Spider-Man catching a helicopter some bank robbers used to make their getaway by making a web between the Twin Towers of the WTC?

Yeah, that happened just right after 9/11, but like the Nostalgia Critic pointed out in one of his videos, that scene must've been planned for the movie, but got cut from the final film (It was probably supposed to be his big public debut, but instead got replaced by a montage of New Yorkers and their reactions to him), and the filmmakers overcompensated with the scenes of Spidey flying in front of the American flag and that whole New Yorkers throwing trash at the Green Goblin saying "You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!" business.

Tell me I'm not wrong.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    There were rumors that was never supposed to be in the final film and I loved the ad, but they made the right decision in pulling it at the time they did.

Pretty sure I still have that video on my PC somewhere.

21. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I'm outraged![face_shame_on_you]

22. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Your American is what we would call "soft". He is unaware of the existence of irony, sarcasm, and black humour (the latter of which, named for it's dark subject matter, would cause them to get uncomfortable and think it's a racist term - why, as we speak, Darth Guy is outraged at the use of the term). He only knows when to feel something when it's a blatant assault on American Values, or when, through pavlovian conditioning, something tells him to feel something. A laugh track tells him to feel amused; ominous music signals foreigners or communists, and sad, contemplative music causes a wellspring of patriotism from within his bosom, no homo.

Your American is also culturally isolated and therefore assumes all beings think like Americans. After all, he has grown up being subtly (note: subtle is another word not in the American vocabulary) indoctrinated with the belief that America is wonderful and special and all beings wish to be American, the default condition for humans. So, if your American feels confused - angry and upset, but with the said no homo bosom pride too, over the whole September 11 affair, then all others must feel this way too. It was very insensitive of this JRR Tolkien guy (the admiral in the documentary Top Gun, and the teacher in Back to the Future) to call his book "the Two Towers" so close to the global catastrophe.

And for this Australian (it's like, um, I don't know where on a map actually) to tweet this, well, since all creatures are American at heart, they must have sought to attack 'murican Values! NEVAR FOGET! [face_flag]

DarthTunick likes this.
  23. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    ender u 4got :(

24. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

I've seen butter in the midday sun that's harder than you Americans.

But, will this suffice?

[face_flag] NEVAR FORGETS!!! [face_flag]

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i am soft, it's true. it's because my generation didn't live in the glory days of depression and holocaust.