main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Worst Star Wars video game

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by SteveMcgrath, May 12, 2014.

1. Darth Cyn

Darth Cyn Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 8, 2014
    YOOOOOUU, YOU STOLE MY PROFILE PIC!!!! Lol, just kidding, and yeah, I'd have to agree with you there, the Force Unleashed II was way too short and the two light sabers thing was stupid and pointless, combine that with an overly confusing plot, just awful.

However, Kinect Star Wars was by far the worst, I only played it once for about 10 minutes, and never again.

2. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    The Clone Wars. Incredibly linear. Oh, cool I get to slash droids. Nope, gotta jump in the tank. Well this is fun. Stop, go over there, then over here. Ugh. That's why I keep playing Battlefront!

3. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013
    If you're saying either of the Force Unleashed games are the 'Worst Star Wars Game' then you need to play more Star Wars video games.

Neither are masterpieces by any stretch of the imagination, but my word we've had some awful bilge down the years.

4. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    Episode I on PC was pretty bad.

5. DarthPotato

DarthPotato Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2014
    pretty much the Revenge of the Sith game especially on PS2 and TFU2 were the most horrible. ROTS game just felt like you were some little insect running around and you didnt have any feel for any of your attacking moves or your opponents attacking moves. like when you attacked in quick bursts (square button) instead of being quick, brutal and precise it felt really sloppy and all over the place.

with the Force Unleashed 2, my first criticism was the pathetically short gameplay. there was like 3 levels and each level except perhaps the Gorog part sucked majorly and overall the game just felt like you were running around swinging 2 lightsabers around like samurai swords with no skill and precision whatsoever, unlike the skill mastering lightsaber combat actually requires. on top of that, all the opponents felt pathetically weak in the game and i was able to beat Darth Vader on hardest difficulty just by blocking his attacks the second he is about to attack me and ram him with those bacta tanks and other defective clones. it was far too simple to do

6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

How dare you.

Look, I feel that around the time of X-Wing Alliance, and excepting the BioWare KOTOR/TOR games, Star Wars games have been awful. TFU, Outcast/Academy, Empire at Snore, Battlefront, all of them. Awful. The golden age of SW games was in the late 90s with Rebellion, ForComm, Jedi Knight, X-Wing/TIE Fighter series.

Sorry if you missed them.

7. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    I haven't played them all, but definitely the majority, and I'd probably have to go with Masters of the Teras Kasi or whatever it's called.

Another one I might consider is TESB for the original NES. I could never get past the walker level.

8. SteveMcgrath

SteveMcgrath Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2014
    Blasphemy.

9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    How is it blasphemy, late actor Steve McQueen?

10. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I didn't like Force Commander, though I am one of the few who liked the soundtrack.

I thought Super Star Wars on Super NES got old quickly. Oddly enough, I never got tired of Empire Strikes Back on the Atari 2600, so that shows what my opinion is worth.

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    ForComm came out after C&C:Red Alert so there was this kind of view that it should be like that, and it wasn't - which was good. I didn't rate galactic battlegrounds as a result.

12. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    While I usually don't agree with Sai (I like Empire at Snore, Outcast/Academy), I do agree the golden age of SW games were the late 90s, the 90s in general was a great time for Lucasarts.

13. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I actually like the ROTS game. I find it pretty fun and the multiplayer is great with someone the same skill level as you on the game.

I've never played a bad Star Wars game but my least favourite is Clone Wars Jedi Alliance on the DS. The combat is fun but the R2-D2 lock minigames where frustrating and the quick time events with the stylus are worse than the ones in the Force Unleashed games. I also don't like how you can only move with the stylus.

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    So you've only played like 1 SW game?

15. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Republic Heroes , while not the worst game ever it is rather dull and mediocre at best.

16. Chat Wars

Chat Wars Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 28, 2014
    The worst SW games, in my opinion, it's the games on NES and SNES

17. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Super Star Wars Trilogy is some of the greatest frustrating games of all time! :mad:

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Agreed. Plus with Farce Unleashed and Battlefront, there's such solid contenders for worst out there that dragging SSW's name through the mud is just not required!

Chewgumma and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  19. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I also wasn't a big fan of Jedi Starfighter. The game got really annoying near the end and I had a glitch where one of the pilots kept repeating themselves constantly. Still it was decent though.

20. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Star Wars Episode 1: TPM, that game had so many bugs and the play through was torture. TFU2 is the most recent one that comes to mind, it was made to make a quick buck on the turnaround.

21. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    The Force Unleashed. Both of them. All the ones on handheld consoles were also all pretty bad.