main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Recanonized EU: A List

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ordo Skirata, May 1, 2014.

1. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    In fact, since Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace seems to be canon too, it recanonize quite a lot of names, including:
    * Saak'ak
    * Lucrehulk-class freighter
    * Radiant VII
    * Consular-class Space Cruiser
    There seems to be tons of things like that, but you'd have to actually play the game and unlock profiles to find them all.

2. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013

You'd probably be looking at most of the pre ROTS stuff that hasn't bee specifically undone by the Clone Wars.

There are definitely dribs and drabs after that that are entirely inoffensive and could easily fit it - Shadow Games and SWEARHAT for example.

Post ROTJ is more difficult.There are still entirely inoffensive stories that mind their own business like Starfighters of Adumar. Most of the rest is problematic. For example it's generally assumed that Han and Leia end up married but this hasn't been confirmed yet (I mean, I doubt they won't, but still...). If they don't end up together that could affect more or less everything - even stuff like like the X-Wing books (Solo Command featuring a Han Solo heavily pining after Leia and full of self doubt).

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Unfortunately you are correct. :(

4. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I stand by what some have said here.

Until a source is contradicted to the point by which it's impossible or just in poor taste to keep it around, it can happen.

I.E. I am willing to give up Force Unleashed 1+2 if they don't make sense anymore thanks to Rebels... but until we get dialogue from 3PO which blatantly says "Oh, we've never ever left this ship.", why not keep Droids and all related comics canon? Why throw out the old multimedia project when 'most stories' (save perhaps Obsession, which I still think can be at least partly salvaged), not only still fit, but even complement TCW and the films (abiet with a new order and timeline).

I certainly know that this will be impossible to keep up entirely, but quite frankly the prospect of the Star Wars universe being entirely empty during and before the Dark times just seems so... bland.

5. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    This is a little harder to figure out how to list these. The ships themselves were always canon, as they appeared in Phantom Menace. It's just their names that were EU (I assume they are at least, although they could be from a "Making of" book). Just having a new section for names should do it though.

Revanfan1 and Iron_lord like this.
  6. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Restored bits of EU from Blade Squadron Part 2
    Nothing actually, well aside from that TIE Interceptors are still TIE Interceptors and B-Wings can kill a Star Destroyer with Proton Torpedoes, whilst being able to take a few hits from it's laser cannons which are hard pressed to hit fast moving fighters and thus need fighters to protect them from fighter attacks.

Restored bits of EU from One Thousand Levels Down
    Centax 3 still exists and a major supplier of meats.
    Coronation Day on Alderaan is still a very important festival and even celebrated by Alderaani that live off world.
    B-14 airspeeders are still around.
    The Empire controls mass media and the HoloNet, but there are pirate news networks.
    Herglics are still a thing! [face_dancing] And so apparently is the Empire messing with them and their worlds.
    The Empire subjugated Mon Calamar at some point and rounded up local Mon Calamari on Coruscant.

7. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Has anyone actually read these? I think four new comics have come out since the announcement.

8. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    I have read some of them. Nothing groundreaking though, but I still wonder why they should remain Legends.

9. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Does the Story Group even know that they exist?

Rogue_Follower likes this.
  10. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Interesting. Anything else on the Mon Cals?

--Adm. Nick

11. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    That's something I'd like to know. But that new Story Group seems particularly reluctant to answering our questions.

12. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014
    Wait who said the novelizations of the films were canon?

13. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012

I forget who, but I believe they said the novelizations are canon when they "align with what's on screen." Which could be interpreted a couple of different ways.

14. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Ordo Skirata and Iron_lord like this.
  15. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    And, might I add, hearing Dooku say that word made me have a complete fangasm.

He just makes it roll off the tongue so well. Terrrenntatek. =P~

I see it as "Anakin's thoughts in Stover's novel are canon, but the depiction of Fisto, Tiin and Kolar's deaths are not."
    But then there's the Depa Billaba thing...

Starkeiller and Iron_lord like this.
  16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Jennifer Heddle is who the tweet was attributed to. This was the tweet in question:

https://twitter.com/DelReyStarWars/status/461579307341840384

17. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    "whilst being able to take a few hits from it's laser cannons which are hard pressed to hit fast moving fighters and thus need fighters to protect them from fighter attacks."

Maybe if they kept their shields up and stop firing, they wouldn't have this problem. :p

Even with Disney's logo slapped onto the product?

18. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    I didn't know she ran the Star Wars books account as well?

darklordoftech likes this.
  19. kubricklynch

Dec 10, 2012
    Shouldn't it go without saying that what aligns with what is on screen is canon? That's sort of like saying, "Your fan fics are canon, but only the parts that are exactly the same as the movie."

20. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    In regards to the now canon history of the Sith we know that there still was a Darth Bane and he still created the 'Rule of Two.' I realize there is a lot of Sith history prior to Darth Bane but if they kept Darth Bane's Star Wars influence intact will be interesting how much else they keep intact in regards to Sith history.

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Darth Bane was created by GL as part of TPM's backstory. Bane in TCW stems from the intent behind the movues, not from the EU.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  22. Visitant

Visitant Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 20, 2014
    That's why I think it means things like the "missing scenes" and the inner thoughts of characters in the novelizations are canon.

Otherwise, you're right—it's redundant and does nothing but cause confusion.

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    0 10 10-13 13 27 32 35 36

From Chee's twitter. Starting at TPM, the amount of years elapsed at each subsequent entry.

24. kubricklynch

Dec 10, 2012

Interesting... these are the same as before, right?

25. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    Yup, with the addition of Rebels officially at 27 years after TPM.