main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Dame Judi Dench!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Echo Base, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    There is a rumour that no less a person than the great Dame Judi Dench may be appearing in Episode 7, as an eldely Mon Mothma.

If true, than between her and Max von Sydow, some very prestigious actors indeed are being attracted to this production.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That is a pretty old rumor... did something new bring this up again recently?

TheBBP likes this.
  3. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    Sorry, I just realised how old it was. It popped up in my RSS reader anew for some reason. :(

I hadn't heard it before now, anyway, though. Must have missed it when it first circulated.

4. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    the actress who played mon mothma is still alive. and she's even said in interviews she would reprise her role. why would they bring in judi dench.

5. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    Maybe she has a larger role this time. The actress who played Mon Mothma was okay but not great whereas Dame Judi is a much stronger thespian (IMHO) and has real star power.

6. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    I hope Caroline Blakiston wasn't given "The Billy Dee Treatment", unless that ends up meaning she's in it! :D

Abadacus likes this.
  7. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    Caroline Blakiston is still around, and still acting with good acclaim from time to time.
    I'd much rather bring back an original than spend a fortune to cast a more well-recognized name. My first thought would be "Oh, that's Judi Dench!" rather than "Oh, that's Mon Mothma!". She's a wonderful actress, but I don't love the idea of massive stars (*cough*Cumberbatch*cough*) in Star Wars, even if they have worked from time to time (Liam Neeson).
    Max Von Sydow doesn't even come close to the same level of recognizability (even though he should).
    [​IMG]

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    OK, I'll lock this up for now then. We can continue discussion in one of the more general rumored actor threads unless something new about Dench pops up.

9. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    Interestingly, they are very close in age.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.