main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Didn't Inside The Worlds of AoTC have a few things to say about the Kaminoans?

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Were was that indicated? I did not get that impression from the episodes with 99 I have seen

3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Hmm. I don't remember, it's been a while. I'm pretty sure that Lama Su said something about terminating defective clones, though.

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    In the Clone Wars Adventures: Volume 3 short story Rogue's Gallery we see Asajj Ventress, Durge and Grievous fight in a trophy gallery and one of the trophies is a mandolorian armour of a heavier design then then the current one, armed with a trident.
    Do we know anything about that armour design?

Also if somebody that can could put up the image it would be helpful:)
    but I heard that some of it appeared earlier in The Cestus Deception and that book was published before HC

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Unfortunately I do not have access to my books right now Gamiel, so I cannot check that out [face_dunno]

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Here ya go, Gamiel.

[​IMG]

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    So do we know anything about that armour design?

8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    The helmet looks vaguely like the Death Watch armor, to me.

9. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    Looks very "middle-ages earth" like, with some star wars splashed on it. I'd suspect it's probably something from the Old Republic era from the looks of it.

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I am more thinking antique Rome/Greece interpreted by your usual fantasy artist.
    Do you mean the game?

11. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    I can see some Romanesque traits as well. What points me more towards middle-ages are things like the sabatons (foot armor), spaulders (shoulders/biceps), and currias (chest plate).

The comics is what I'm thinking. There are so many different types of Mando armor configurations seen on those late-Crusaders (pre-Neo Crusader, post-ancient Crusader) that it can boggle the mind. :)

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    About the Phase I clone trooper armor the wook' states that
    from http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Phase_I_clone_trooper_armor

And I was wondering where this was first established, since the page mostly lack footnotes?

Also I was wondering if it was known if the Clone armour design team was inspired by the mandolorian armour in real life or if that was established later?
    How is the currias more middle-ages?

13. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    Just the general design. It's much more bulky, with a rounded shape similar more similar to middle-age European than Roman or Greek armor.

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    To me the cuirass look like it has stylized sculptured muscles, something I associate to Roman and Greek armours, in my mind middle-age armour have a more... I lack the words to describe so I will try to illustrate what I mean
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

and I know some of those cuirass probably are more early renaissance then middle-age but I can not help how my minds eye picture things.

EDIT: I think I mean that to me middle-age cuirass have more stomach and less marked thorax(?) then the Rogue's Gallery-armour

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What post-crusader era armour have we seen that is different from the standard because of the anatomy of the bearer?

Do we know what model of gun this is?
    [​IMG]

16. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    I only know of 2 non-human Mandos of the modern era that have been pictured; Alfreda Goot and Fiskitt Bob:
    [​IMG]

Here's an image of Alfreda Goot attacking Han Solo:
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately there are no images I've found that show full-body shots of these two in mando armor.

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    To bad but still: thanks.

Also: "modern era"? How long did the crusader-era last?

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do we know how the inside of a Kom'rk-class fighter looks? Do it have bunks, toilet, any kind of food preparation area?

19. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    There really is no hard end-date (as of yet) for the end of that cultural era, however 1051bby is when Mandalorian armor took on it's modern appearance like we see in TCW or Boba/Jango Fett.

20. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    Here's a neat pic from this past weekend at DragonCon, with the leader of my Florida Clan. :)
    [​IMG]

Also working on my next installment of "Mandalorian Mysteries" for the Star Wars blog, which will be about the different Mandalorian factions. It'll be out the 4th Thursday of September (25th).

21. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Looking forward to it!

Love seeing a Mando with the range finder on the left side too. ;)

[​IMG]

22. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Awesome!! :D

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    We know that Boba did terror jobs but I am wondering if we know if Jango did also?

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Can I get some female mando names?

25. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Ruusaan (Russ) is a common female Mando name. Sabine is also a new female Mando name we have heard.

Edit: Speaking of Sabine, I am surprised we haven't seen this posted here yet. :p

[​IMG]

Mitth_Fisto, Revanfan1 and Gamiel like this.